Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
It pisses me off. I wanna tag all of them on Facebook calling them out. I also feel like unfriending them all. I know it sounds extremely petty. Man fuck having BPD :( I won't do it though because I'd be called an asshole and then I'd lose a lot of friends

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: littlelungs, Celerity, Tragoedia Vitae and 24 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Is that when somebody reads one of your messages but doesn't respond?

• Hugs
Reactions: Isadeth, _Minsk, Brick In The Wall and 5 others
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Yah, that hurts my feelings, too. I'm too sensitive...
Me too. It really does hurt, but currently, I'm pretty angry about it and feel like punching a hole in the wall lol. I know kinda extreme, but it's just how I feel :(

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt, Huntfish34, Isadeth and 9 others
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
I hate this because it hurts so much :aw:

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, Isadeth, Homecoming and 8 others
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
If my FP tells me he has to do something real quick and will call right back I will just start to cut myself up right away which leads them to find being friends stressful and it is a total bpd nightmare.
I want off mr bones ride hehe

• Hugs
Reactions: littlelungs, Squiddy, Brick In The Wall and 4 others
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
This is one of the reasons I don't even use apps that show read anymore. Well I've basically stopped communicating with the outside world except on here. Double edged sword: less angst from being left on read but more loniness. We just can't win can we :ahhha:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, Lostandlooking, disabledandhopeless and 8 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I'm sorry Squiddy :hug: :hug: :heart: I think I would also hate it but I don't have anyone to write with in the first place lol

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Homecoming, _Minsk, Silvermorning and 6 others
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
My text conversations don't have that option. Weird

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Brick In The Wall and sadworld
deadbeat

deadbeat

Sep 9, 2020
It doesn't make me angry, but it does hurt my feelings quite a bit.
I prefer people to be upfront if they don't want me to talk to them.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, Silvermorning, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It depends on who the person is. There's plenty of people who I've left on read because they annoyed me for whatever reason just as much as I've been left on read for being annoying, sometimes on purpose.

One particular case that's ongoing hurts pretty bad but...oh well...

• Hugs
Reactions: Homecoming, Silvermorning, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I try not to read a message if I don't have time to respond because of this. But sometimes I'll be typing out a response and something will come up. Try not to take it too personal, you don't always know why they haven't responded yet.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Bonkers, Lostandlooking, demuic and 8 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Doesn't somebody always have to be left on read? Otherwise there would just be an unending continuing conversation. I don't put much thought into it. I just assume people have more of a life than I do, since it's true.

Reactions: Lostandlooking, demuic, Isadeth and 2 others
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Doesn't somebody always have to be left on read? Otherwise there would just being unending continuing conversation. I don't put much thought into it. I just assume people have more of a life than I do, so it's true.
Yeah it really isn't malicious like people think

Reactions: Lostandlooking, Isadeth and Ghost2211
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Doesn't somebody always have to be left on read? Otherwise there would just be an unending continuing conversation. I don't put much thought into it. I just assume people have more of a life than I do, since it's true.
I assume left on read doesn't apply if the last message was something like "Good night" or "Talk to you later"...

Reactions: Isadeth, Squiddy and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I assume left on read doesn't apply if the last message was something like "Good night" or "Talk to you later"...
In the middle of the conversation is the same concept. Other people have jobs, family, friends, and other stuff to do. I'm just kind of here taking care of kids all day so I have time message back. The people who aren't messaging are probably just off having a life, and it likely has nothing to do with not wanting to talk to me.

Reactions: Lostandlooking and Dr Iron Arc
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Nah, I unload toxic shit all the time which thankfully gets ignored, for which I'm later often relieved (like when I post step by step details on how to make cold fusion nuclear weapons in the kitchen for blowing up the universe).

All my life, I've been ignored and disregarded, especially when my written warnings about dangerous workplace situations were proved completely right and I got none of the credit. Tough shit, and fuck the world.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Yeah that's what I meant :) I also meant I get a little upset when I ask a question or ask for an opinion and get left on read.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and disabledandhopeless
KickFive

KickFive

Eins. Zwei. Drei. Vier....
Nov 23, 2020
Not even a little bit, but I'm the type to turn off read receipts, typing notifications, etc, and I don't use social media.

waterstrider

waterstrider

cold
Nov 29, 2020
I hate it a lot...like it's fine not to answer instantly but just leave the conversation for two weeks and come back and act all nonchalant - Fuck you (to those people)

Reactions: Celerity, Squiddy and AltFoxx
AltFoxx

AltFoxx

Nov 27, 2020
Hate it 100 percent. My brain goes completely in to overthink mode thinking I did something wrong or offended them in some way.

• Hugs
Reactions: Bonkers, StringPuppet, snoot and 2 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
When I do this, it's because I don't know what to say since I'm socially awkward, not because someone's annoying me or I don't like them.

I hate it a lot...like it's fine not to answer instantly but just leave the conversation for two weeks and come back and act all nonchalant - Fuck you (to those people)

I do this, sorry..

• Hugs
Reactions: SuicideSeason and Lostandlooking
restforeternity

restforeternity

Student
Feb 17, 2019
Yeah, especially when you have a "boyfriend". And this is what he does. Oh I did a little spying too. It turns out this guys who claims to have "social anxiety" doesn't seem to find an issue liking other womens selfies and makes flirty comment. I'm here wondering gee what else could this punk be hiding. I have asked before and he claims that he doesn't do those things. It all leads to needless arguments.

• Aww..
Reactions: Squiddy and snoot
snoot

snoot

Dec 1, 2020
Yeah, especially when you have a "boyfriend". And this is what he does. Oh I did a little spying too. It turns out this guys who claims to have "social anxiety" doesn't seem to find an issue liking other womens selfies and makes flirty comment. I'm here wondering gee what else could this punk be hiding. I have asked before and he claims that he doesn't do those things. It all leads to needless arguments.
Damn, I'm dealing with someone really similar too, except I don't have the balls to call him out on liking all these stupid sexy pics because he's not really my bf. Being left on read is one of the worst feelings, especially when it's by someone you thought you meant a lot to.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I definitely hate it, I wanna say "well fuck you, just tell me if you hate me and don't want to talk to me, there's no need to be awkward and make me feel like shit. I didn't do anything wrong but here you are treating me like a convenience friend. I wish you had never spoken to me at all."

That would be a bit unreasonable though so I just sit there feeling anxious instead.

Reactions: Bonkers and snoot
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Yeah. The longer the wait, the worse it is :(

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Left on read by friends on messenger once again *insert upside down smiling emoji*

• Hugs
Reactions: Mentalmick and Good4Nothing