F

fatty44

Aug 2, 2023
Growing up with a schizophrenic mother was incredibly challenging, and unfortunately, it led me to gain a significant amount of weight. Society's response was heartless - I was ostracized and ridiculed for my appearance. Due to all the backlashes both in school and at home (beside my mom my siblings were treating me like a piece of shit as well) I became depressed as a teen early on.

I had these almost manic episodes where I managed to shed 40kg in a relatively short time, not once but twice. At first, I felt an overwhelming sense of accomplishment and relief and I noticed how people started to treat me better, getting attention from girls etc. It's all I ever wanted: To feel like a fucking normal human being which is socially accepted. However, the harsh reality of the "jojo effect" hit me like a ton of bricks, and I ended up gaining all the weight back. Twice. It's incredibly sad and disheartening, especially when it feels like society only values and cares firstly and mainly about the appearance. All this hard work, gone. Again. To make matters worse, I now bear the physical marks of these struggles - stretch marks cover my entire body due to the rapid weight fluctuations caused by the yo-yo effect.

I started seeing a therapist a few months ago and it helped me get out of my most depressed state so far, leading me to attempt another weight loss journey. I work out for an hour every day and because of all the diets and attempts before I have no choice but try to do it in a more slower and sustainable pace.
Today is just one of these days where I think, why the fuck me? I don't want to deny that I'm responsible for my own actions but I also can't deny that I developed this eating habit as a fucking child / 12 years old and I was trying to cope with the situation of my mom. And for this I am doomed for the rest of my life? Seriously? I put in all of this work and I will be looking miserable for maybe the next 2-3 years, to eventually not being looked at silly, be respected and find a partner because apparently thats all that matters.

I feel like this will be my very last try until I just give up and binge on ketamine every fucking day until I eventually CTB.
All of my life I aimed the hate against myself, but weirdly I start to feel this hate only for society and how people treated me. In a strange way it fuels me to continue with my very last try.

Pretty sure nobody will read this
Stay safe
fatty44

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Praestat_Mori, WlNTER and 3 others
WlNTER

WlNTER

Sep 15, 2023
Hi how are you today i wish you are better and great i read your thread and its a really heartbreaking situation not just because of what you've been through but because how the society treats you and how effected you.
Your situation is just like an art piece when i read it I thought how could i analyse it and learn from it.
At least someone learned from what you been through and you could teach alot of people and help them with you experience with life.
I hope all the best for you
ever.never_ this is my discord you can contact me any time maybe i could understand you and make a new friendship and help through journey.

• Love
Reactions: fatty44
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Yes, I hate society as well. My problems stem from having to be a part of it. I'm neurodivergent and society was built for neurotypical people. People like me don't even have a place in it. I don't fit into society, which makes things worse. Honestly I never wanted to be a part of society anyways but I have to. It's necessary for survival in this cruel, harsh world.

• Hugs
deathbydragon

deathbydragon

take me with you
Mar 17, 2022
Society is built on double standards and hypocrisy, especially towards suicidal people. They take methods away from us and then call us selfish for choosing a certain way because we had no other option. Fuck those people.

• Love
Reactions: fatty44, sapphoslastpoem, PracheenKaal_00! and 1 other person
L

Ligand

Sep 14, 2023
I don't really have a problem with society. Society is just a large number of people helping each other to follow incentives. You remove society and you still have people following incentives.

I don't like that I have less value now than I once did, but my lessened subjective value is not really societies fault. It's more of the fault of random chance. It's kind of like the saying "there's no free lunch."

I'm sorry that you've been put in this position, it is compeltely unfair. If hating society gives you vitality, then I think that sounds like a very worthwhile thing to hate.