S

sharksalapierre

Sep 14, 2022
Hey,
I had a suicide attempt yesterday and I suddenly feel better!?

I suffer from double depression (dysthymia + severe depressive episodes). I basically never feel good. The best feeling I get is, when I just don't care. Every day is the bad day you get over, because you hope, the next day isn't as bad. But for me that day hasn't come for at least 5 years at best.

So yesterday I couldn't take it anymore and tried the night-night method. It didn't work like described so after an hour or 2 I gave up.

I wrote with a good friend of mine after that and told her how I feel (not what I did) and she made me seek help. It's starting next Wednesday.

As I woke up today the depressive episode is gone and I'm only left with a subtle dysthymia.

Am I under shock or what is going on?
Is there an explanation?
Not that I don't take it, but I can't quite believe it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trilucid and Huntfish34
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I'm not surprised that the night-night method didn't work- it seems like a tough method to do. I'm glad that you feel better. :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
Wasabi

Wasabi

Sep 9, 2022
Sorry, what is the night-night method? I'm new.

I'm glad you're feeling better too. I also have severe depression…

• Hugs
N

Nora Rony

Jehovah
May 6, 2022
Sorry, what is the night-night method? I'm new.

I'm glad you're feeling better too. I also have severe depression…

The "night-night" method mega thread.

S

SarRy

Student
Oct 5, 2022
Maybe it was just a shock to the brain to get so close. At any rate, it's good to know that you can feel differently. The brain is a fickle machine.

Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Probably you was feeling close of exit to your hardship and you was feeling really better, maybe

Kurushii

Kurushii

Student
Jan 14, 2023
This is so me. It's weird that after I end up not going through with it, or I fail, my head just gets overfilled with hope "You can do this Kurushii you can get through this disaster of a life" And I feel better for a while afterwards. But soon enough I get reminded of the reasons why I tried in the first place and it gets to me again. Rinse and repeat. Right now, I'm in the positive part of the cycle. I'll probably feel bad again soon enough but for now I'm doing what I can to not feel hopeless. I wonder if I'll always be in this cycle forever

• Hugs
Reactions: Clasrink and Someone123
F

fuqed

Feb 14, 2023
if you give suicide an agency it has a dark sense of humor. having a method to ctb is comforting. its good that your attempt got botched and that you reached out, now you have hope. its funny. go with it. the desperation may come back but if you can keep going with what you've got something will click. Good luck!