takeyourshotfunboy

takeyourshotfunboy

Smile...
Oct 11, 2019
It´s like...people tolerate me hanging out with them but I know they don´t really care about me. They don´t notice if I´m not there, or if I seem sad or am acting strange. They don´t treat me the same way they treat their other friends. Sometimes we´ll all be talking and they´ll just up and leave. Walk away chatting without even noticing that they left me behind. It is seemingly impossible for me to find anyone who genuinely likes me for who I am.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: _apathetic, Kompass, Journeytoletgo and 14 others
SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

I think I'll take a dirt nap.
Oct 13, 2019
Yep. Happens to me all the time. I've been told I'm "Too weird" and that's why people don't talk to me. How wonderful. And the friends I do have speak over me, ignore me, kind of play mean with me but it feels genuine. I feel like I don't belong at all.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Isittimetogonola, AnnonyBox, Weeping Garbage Can and 5 others
noctiva

noctiva

the invisible girl
Nov 6, 2019
I had the same thing from my early childhood until mid 20s. I never belonged, I was tolerated most of the time, but not a part of it. If I was around at school and kids made plans, I always asked if I can come too, and that was usually fine. But when they did the calling rounds to invite people, they never called me. I got used to it eventually and did my own thing. I read a lot, I played video games, surfed the net.. I somehow became the therapist in my class. People would come to me to talk to me about their problems, I'd listen and help and encourage, and then they'd go and forget I existed. Same at uni. After my mid 20s I stopped to try and make friends really. I'm too different to belong, I don't do any drugs, I don't party, I don't like to go out late. I am depressed, I go to work, I run out of energy, I go home. If I have anything left, I go to the gym. Not to a bar.

Your friends behavior doesn't say anything about you, it says something about them. About their level of kindness and compassion, about their level of development and egocentricism (I hope that is a word?). But I know it is painful to want to belong and to not be accepted. I cannot tell you how to deal with it, I found growing up very painful and isolating, very lonely and alienating. I'm still the therapist in the group of people I call friends-ish, I'm still depressed. But I found 2 people that reciprocated my feelings and interest. I lost them both by now and I cannot cope. I'm sorry op my story doesn't end on a happier note, this is a forum for suicide after all. If my story had a happy ending, I wouldn't be here.
Take care and be kind to yourself, you deserve it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: _apathetic, Kompass, Isittimetogonola and 9 others
takeyourshotfunboy

takeyourshotfunboy

Smile...
Oct 11, 2019
I had the same thing from my early childhood until mid 20s. I never belonged, I was tolerated most of the time, but not a part of it. If I was around at school and kids made plans, I always asked if I can come too, and that was usually fine. But when they did the calling rounds to invite people, they never called me. I got used to it eventually and did my own thing. I read a lot, I played video games, surfed the net.. I somehow became the therapist in my class. People would come to me to talk to me about their problems, I'd listen and help and encourage, and then they'd go and forget I existed. Same at uni. After my mid 20s I stopped to try and make friends really. I'm too different to belong, I don't do any drugs, I don't party, I don't like to go out late. I am depressed, I go to work, I run out of energy, I go home. If I have anything left, I go to the gym. Not to a bar.

Your friends behavior doesn't say anything about you, it says something about them. About their level of kindness and compassion, about their level of development and egocentricism (I hope that is a word?). But I know it is painful to want to belong and to not be accepted. I cannot tell you how to deal with it, I found growing up very painful and isolating, very lonely and alienating. I'm still the therapist in the group of people I call friends-ish, I'm still depressed. But I found 2 people that reciprocated my feelings and interest. I lost them both by now and I cannot cope. I'm sorry op my story doesn't end on a happier note, this is a forum for suicide after all. If my story had a happy ending, I wouldn't be here.
Take care and be kind to yourself, you deserve it.
What do you mean you lost them?

• Hugs
Reactions: noctiva
noctiva

noctiva

the invisible girl
Nov 6, 2019
My best friend and partner left me 6 weeks ago, I think. He didn't even break up clearly, so I don't know what is going on. Since then he pretends I don't exist anymore, doesn't message, doesn't call, doesn't come by, doesn't reciprocate if I call or message. We work at the same place, I see him every day, he treats me like I'm already dead. I say hi, he walks past stone faced.
My best friend (female best friend) told me she cannot be friends anymore because I have turned so negative since he started to treat me that way that she needs to protect her own mental health.

I have no one else in my life, but my partner and his family, his kids and mother, whom I by proxy also lost and miss very much, and my best female friend from work. I am all alone and isolated now, no one to talk to except the people here on the forum. But it's not the same as human contact, hearing someones voice, feeling someone's touch and warmth. That is why I will ctb, op. I cannot hold on anymore, to exist knowing what and whom I've lost.

• Hugs
Reactions: LegaliseIt!, PaYo, PDAnnie2610 and 6 others
J

JellyDreams

Nov 10, 2019
It´s like...people tolerate me hanging out with them but I know they don´t really care about me. They don´t notice if I´m not there, or if I seem sad or am acting strange. They don´t treat me the same way they treat their other friends. Sometimes we´ll all be talking and they´ll just up and leave. Walk away chatting without even noticing that they left me behind. It is seemingly impossible for me to find anyone who genuinely likes me for who I am.

I feel you,full crowd around,yet I'm still alone.
Feel like I'm invisible...

• Hugs
Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies, Weeping Garbage Can, Kassender and 2 others
Dreamwithinadream

Dreamwithinadream

Sep 21, 2019
I lost so many friends when I became chronically ill. It's like they thought I was contagious or something.

• Hugs
Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies, Weeping Garbage Can and noctiva
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019

• Hugs
Reactions: Kompass and SuicidalSymphonies
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
What friend group?!?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Funeralprincess, Deleted member 1465, OreoWellington and 4 others
RecycledAtoms

RecycledAtoms

Electrode
Nov 9, 2019
How well I can equate. Been happening for as long as I can remember.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and noctiva
CrushedHopes

CrushedHopes

Ex-narcissist that is looking to end himself soon
Nov 3, 2019
Would be nice if I still *have* any friends..... :/

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Funeralprincess, ImsooDone1N, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I'm filth in most people's eyes, and possibly an object of pity in others'.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: takeyourshotfunboy, Weeping Garbage Can, Kassender and 1 other person
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Yep. Happens to me all the time. I've been told I'm "Too weird" and that's why people don't talk to me. How wonderful. And the friends I do have speak over me, ignore me, kind of play mean with me but it feels genuine. I feel like I don't belong at all.
You are too weird? That's why I like you ;). Now if you want weird.... take a look at king of the memes @Stan ;)

• Love
Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies and Stan
justwhy?

justwhy?

Student
Sep 27, 2019
I often make a good 1st impression, when nothing is on the line and they know nothing of me. But as relationships deepen, stakes grow, and i'm unable to fudge timelines and create the mirage of a fully functioning person with a proper social circle. Then my all encompassing performance anxiety creeps in and seals the fate of any would be friendships. In the end, i'm viewed near universally with mixtures of pity and contempt.

I haven't bothered with new people in years. All of my surviving friendships are with people who've had serious mental health problems, and they were made long, long ago.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Weeping Garbage Can and Kassender
TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
I've felt this way since school. And I'm well over 40.

My best friend relationship was with a girl (who also was labeled weird by others), and it was just the two of us. Completely platonic. We shared so many private things. Apparently, she told me of her rape long before she told her family. As awful as that was, and angers me to this very day, I realized I had a true friend. I love her like a sister. ( I am totally tearing up now).

What I'm trying to say is, for me, having one friend, whom i love dearly, was much more rewarding than the groups of people who say they are friends, but leave you out of things, put you down behind your back, and forget invitations you've given them for things.

Sending you hugs. You have distant family here too, that want to help you in low times, and support the decisions you may make.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Isittimetogonola, LegaliseIt!, takeyourshotfunboy and 2 others
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
i would rather have one good true friend than 1000 casual acquaintances.

• Love
Reactions: Isittimetogonola, takeyourshotfunboy, ImsooDone1N and 5 others
C

cranberry

Nov 6, 2019
I don't know what's worse... not having a friend group, or being surrounded by so-called friends who act as you described. I'm in the first boat..

• Hugs
Reactions: takeyourshotfunboy, azucaramargo and Weeping Garbage Can
SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

I think I'll take a dirt nap.
Oct 13, 2019
You are too weird? That's why I like you ;). Now if you want weird.... take a look at king of the memes @Stan ;)

I'm pretty weird but I'm glad that's a reason in my favour.

Reactions: TowerUpright
Kringle's Curse

Kringle's Curse

May 1, 2019
Yup. Since my only friend found a new girlfriend, he doesn't come around anymore, I don't hear shit from him. The first time in weeks I heard from him was the other day, but only because he wanted a bunch of fire wood from me. He pulled the same shit with his last girlfriend too. A friend of 20+ years....

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Isittimetogonola, takeyourshotfunboy, Woodnote and 2 others
TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
Yeah, no friends ..... half a century and not a one. Tried everything ..... am always in the tolerated and/or ignored group. Sometimes hated ..... very weird.

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N and Weeping Garbage Can
EndItQuickly

EndItQuickly

Oct 30, 2019
Most people are only thinking about themselves and only feign interest/concern for others. You just need to meet someone real to be friends with, it can happen!

Reactions: TrailerTrash, ImsooDone1N and Weeping Garbage Can
O

OMTEK

Oct 30, 2019
Yup, it happens me all the time. It's weird af and you feel bad about it, or feel depressed about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
Well I'm a lot older now and unable to have friends due to my physical pain condition but I remember what it was like in high school and middle school. I know there were times where I could have just slipped away and no one would have even noticed I was gone. I never felt comfortable being in big groups of people. I always liked to have a one on one friendship and I found a great friend who was just like me. We hated everyone haha but loved each other. We were like sisters. Some people even thought we were sisters because we sort of looked alike. But I always felt like the odd man out in groups. I remember about me and seven of my friends went to the movies once and they would always walk in somewhere before me or leave me last. So they all say in the row and I was last and there were no seats left. So my best friend out if the group came in the it her row and sat with me. She turned into a piece of shit too. I'll never forget that one time we were walking home from school and I didn't know all the girls were going to this one girls house who lived by me. They all said goodbye to me and just went into her house as I walked the rest of the way home. I wasn't comfortable with myself back then. When I became comfortable at 17 years old there was just no stopping me. I did what I wanted for me and I worked in this pizza place and started hanging out with guys. They were so much more fun to be around and never left me out.

Love yourself first. I was happier being myself by myself instead of having to conform to everyone else. Then when you get to know yourself you'll attract the kind of people that really like you for you. I promise.

• Love
Reactions: Isittimetogonola, takeyourshotfunboy and TrailerTrash
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
i would rather have one good true friend than 1000 casual acquaintances.

I've always been able to relate to this idea. I had a good group of close friends growing up. But as with most things time seems to pull it apart.

When I came into adulthood I saw that all anyone wanted to do anymore was drink and hangout. While it was fun at first it quickly grew old and became mundane. When you're an adult it's also very hard to plan anything around everyones different schedules.

Flash forward again and everyone has completely grown apart. I've really got no one left but a few casuals here and there. None of them ultimately care what happens to me and existence has become a lonely trudge through mediocrity and misery.

• Hugs
Reactions: Stan and TrailerTrash
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
I'm filth in most people's eyes, and possibly an object of pity in others'.
I really feel that you are the only person who sees yourself as filth, Woxihuanni. I am pretty confident that no one sees you this way except yourself. You are a valuable member of this community.

• Love
Reactions: takeyourshotfunboy and woxihuanni
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I really feel that you are the only person who sees yourself as filth, Woxihuanni. I am pretty confident that no one sees you this way except yourself. You are a valuable member of this community.

Thank you, I'm just in a very very bad place. Hugs :hug:

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: EndItQuickly, takeyourshotfunboy, Neville1 and 1 other person
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
I
Thank you, I'm just in a very very bad place. Hugs :hug:
I'm so sorry, Woxihuanni. I wish I could take some of your pain away. You have been so kind to me when I have been upset. I am with you.

• Love
Reactions: takeyourshotfunboy and woxihuanni
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I

I'm so sorry, Woxihuanni. I wish I could take some of your pain away. You have been so kind to me when I have been upset. I am with you.

Your wishing that already eases the pain a little. The kindness of people like you here is like an embrace when I'm falling.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Isittimetogonola, takeyourshotfunboy and noctiva
SoupSnakes

SoupSnakes

Experienced
Nov 11, 2019
I've been this person since I was a kid. Always been introvert as it is so had a small group of 'friends' but always the one who wouldn't really be a 'friend'. Now I have pretty much no one and only have myself to blame but what can you do?

Reactions: takeyourshotfunboy