• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

ThisGameIsOverrated

I need RCs
May 6, 2024
I just don't see the point of doing labour I don't want in order to maintain my existence so I can just do more labour. As a kid once I realised even other animals are trapped in the same loop of labouring and struggling just to keep labouring and struggling till they die I've felt like there's really no point in living and it's just a waste of time and energy (tho perhaps that's a bit of an oxymoron since a dead person doesn't have any time or energy to expend but you get what I mean)

AbsentMindedHuman

AbsentMindedHuman

One day, ill be free
Apr 25, 2024
You're right. We were brought into a world without our control, then when we grow up and gain "independence", we are forced to work for others or struggle to survive. Repeating the same meaningless tasks to improve others lives while our opinions and desires to not exist are met with Pompous and selfish assholes that claim their Need to keep other humans alive is in our best interest. Life is a Scam.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I agree. Life is slavery and work is modern day slavery. Work does not make you free. Why work away your life if you will die in the end anyways? It doesn't make any sense to me. The outcome is the same, so why struggle? I just don't see the point of the struggle
You're right. We were brought into a world without our control, then when we grow up and gain "independence", we are forced to work for others or struggle to survive. Repeating the same meaningless tasks to improve others lives while our opinions and desires to not exist are met with Pompous and selfish assholes that claim their Need to keep other humans alive is in our best interest. Life is a Scam.
Life is the biggest scam ever
Yeah I get what you mean, I feel like we are in a repeated loop of constant work and labour and I just want it to end
It's all so pointless and meaningless

Last edited:
S

shaucro

Mar 10, 2024
Objectively, one could say you are correct. Life can be seen as a thankless treadmill where much of your endeavour is for 'the man' and there is little personal fulfilment or reward. It doesn't need to be seen that way though. It isn't, as someone else remarked, inherent. Armed with that insight, one can choose how to respond. You can elect not to play that game for instance, or find fulfilment somehow/somewhere within it. You can define your own purpose.

That said, I personally have stuggled to do that. It is not easy and I have not managed to live my life 100% like that - obviously. Otherwise I wouldn't be typing this on this forum. I try, as best I can, to go with it. Take the spills and ride them out. I am always work-in-progress shall we say. One day, maybe, I will get to be that perfect zen person.

D

DavidInternet

Jan 3, 2024
Work does not make you free.
It gets even more interesting when you investigate (((who))) we are working for, and why, and when, we allowed them to take control of our nations. Ask them to do any real work and look forward to the lol!

Reactions: sserafim
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yes, I think that life is inherently not worth living, at least not for me. I hate the idea of having to work. I equate work to slavery because that's all it really is and nothing more. And it isn't even enjoyable in the slightest either. For me it's full of pain and exhaustion. I don't even understand how normies can perpetually work throughout their entire life... I personally don't even have the energy for that (but, even if I did, I still wouldn't want to use it on slavery). I just don't understand why people are so insistent on wanting to make us slave away. We all have to die anyway so what even is the point in making us slave away when we don't want to? I'd rather skip to the part where I am dead

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Of course, it could never be to me. I'd always see it as better to not exist no matter what as nobody can suffer from the absence of everything after all. There's nothing desirable about the meaningless and torturous burden of existing as a human, it's just pointless suffering and more than anything I wish I never existed, I wish existence could be erased, only the thought of being unconscious for all eternity comforts me.

I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
I agree. Life is slavery and work is modern day slavery. Work does not make you free. Why work away your life if you will die in the end anyways? It doesn't make any sense to me. The outcome is the same, so why struggle? I just don't see the point of the struggle

Life is the biggest scam ever

It's all so pointless and meaningless
Agreed. I just finished work, and have to wake up 6:30am for tomorrow for a morning shift.
Work makes me beyond miserable. It is slavery and torture
Work so i can live longer in this hell hole does not sound worth it

Reactions: sserafim
anhedonya

anhedonya

Use common sense!
Apr 14, 2024
I think there's a distinction between how life should be and how it actually is. I don't think anyone should be forced to work 40 hour weeks and struggle through debt and pain when we have the resources to fix these issues and make sure no one, ever again, knows what homelessness is like. Our systems of power can do that for the world and cease about.. 80% of all pain ever? whensoever they choose to. But life as it's actually meant to be is not supposed to be a treadmill of struggling through hoops for a few moments of pleasure. So I think life is inherently worth living and that life itself is beautiful- when you take away our current systems of government and how they treat us. Like, I did at one point love my friends and love spending time with them. I loved playing video games and music and talking for hours on end with random people. I loved all of this. But my circumstances, which have been built by these messed up systems, have made me hate life. I work 40 hours + overtime at a place that treats me like shit both by management and by my fellow coworkers. I'm in school debt that I'll likely never get out of with my minimum wage check. I have a multitude of health issues I can't get checked out because who can afford insurance.

A lot of people think if we did not have capitalism, people wouldn't do anything at all, ever. I don't think this is true. If anything, I'd be a million times more productive and creative and happy without capitalism- specifically because I'm no longer struggling and I know I have a place to live, community, food, and water all secured no matter what route I go down.

TLDR: What life is supposed to be like is great. What life actually is is not though and I can understand WHY people get to wanting to kill themselves over it. If you're not born wealthy to the point of never needing to work, you're basically trash in the eyes of this current world.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Not inherently, no, but the worst aspect about life imo is how grossly unequal everyone's lot is. If I had certain things, I would want to live, and yet I'm deprived of those things due to faulty biology, diseases I inherited, and an upbringing that I had no control over.

I feel immense jealousy towards people who are healthy or who have loving relatives, while I am all alone with nobody and forced to live a disabled 'half life'. Others who are blessed with good circumstances can't say anything more to that than, "I'm sorry" whilst they go back to living their full, enriching lives.

I think we are living in a point in time where people believe the basal state of society is an egalitarian and caring one, which provides for the less fortunate and ensures the weak are taken care of. After all, we hear all the time that disabled lives are just as valuable, right? But my experience with life has shown me the opposite, my life is inherently a nuisance to most people, and I am treated like a burden and a waste of resources simply for existing, when I don't want to in the first place.

If I had a healthy, abled body and relatives to support me, I would most likely not want to ctb. Yet, those are the cards that I've drawn, and I can do nothing to change this. Regardless, all I see is motivational speeches everywhere about how we control our own destiny and everyone can survive on their own, if you try hard enough. I wish that life were so fair and equal in practice.

In a situation like mine, I think life is not worth it, simply because the things that make it worthwhile are off limits to me. I can understand why life would be grand for a wealthy person who can do whatever their heart desires, healthy people not suffering from any conditions, or anyone who has a huge network of love and support, because those people are blessed with the good things in life. When every good thing is yanked away from you, it no longer feels like being alive, but merely existing.

Time4Peace

Time4Peace

What the hell I'm doing here?
Apr 9, 2024
Just not worth it for 10% pleasure.

I do not give a fuck about how opulent and rare that pleasure is.
I fucking wish I never had a memory of this shitbag lifetime.
and even that pleasure goes away, friends turn their backs, the system says either with us or against us, children lying, husbands and wife live in their secrets. In reality, it's just physical pleasure, that is lust, but no love, no fucking love. Just ego and lust.

there literally is no free giving, it's all means to an end and when you figure it out? Welcome to hell!

silas0

silas0

Apr 26, 2024
It depends where you land on the wealth, health, biology distribution. There is an entire spectrum for each attribute and it all depends what odds would be allocated to you upon birth. You could have the best odds and believe life is a "gift" or you could have the worst odds and believe life is a "scam" or a "curse" or somewhere in between to wrestle with life in order to improve your odds. However improving your odds requires a level of intelligence and probably health which goes back to your initial odds. At the end whatever answer you get would be subjective and depending on the individual's circumstances and life experiences.

Reactions: divinemistress36
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's definitely my personal experience that it isn't worth it. In the lyrics of the late, great David Bowie:

'Life wasn't worth the balance.'

I think a lot of us are unhappy slaves to capitalism with not much realistic alternative.

There again, I've known people who genuinely did seem to enjoy their life. I think they almost certainly were grateful for the experience overall. Not because they had everything easy either. They had plenty of hardships too. For them though, I'd say their main pillars in life were relationships and friendships, reasonable wealth and a keen sense of gratitude. I don't think they were delussional. I just think they had a very different experience.

So, intrinsically, I'm not sure. Life is basically a whole sequence of problems. We get hungry, tired, bored, horny, poor, loney, unhappy, frustrated. Our bodies and minds have so many needs. I guess for those who are able to adequately sate those needs or, somehow be satisfied with less, life is a more enjoyable experience. I think it's all subjective though.

There's that whole: 'One man's nightmare is another man's dream.' Maybe not over some things. We can probably all agree that illness, pain and bereavement are unpleasant. But, life is full of lesser experiences. To which we all experience them differently. For example, my Mum loves housework. How can that even be normal?

Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
Life is not a form of existence to be consciously experienced. Life is primitive in nature. Consciousness calls for the search for meaning. There is no deep meaning in nature for an inquiring consciousness. Fighting for the continuation of the species, passing on their genes and dying. Experiencing this primitive reality with heightened awareness is a tragedy. We are the anomaly. We should never have existed.