sadidiot0328

sadidiot0328

I feel like I died long ago
Jun 1, 2023
I bought a plushie yesterday and although I'll be happy once it gets here, I probably will start feeling like shit again once the excitement wears off. But its better than nothing I guess. Can anyone here relate?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, SelfKill, etherealspring and 10 others
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Of course, we do! lol We buy a lot of cool things at the hardware store, like machetes, ladders, rope, antifreeze, rifles, boulders, and more.

• Yay!
Reactions: tinydancer, thebelljarrr and divinemistress36
lamargue

lamargue

pugilist
Jun 5, 2024
books that i never read. they are stacked in mounds around my room.

Reactions: Mywill, Yavannah, Yarani and 2 others
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Yea, gonna order some color-changing light bulbs and a drinking class that has different colored lights also.

Reactions: Yarani and Lostandlooking
F

feelinggloomy

Student
May 29, 2024
Yes I order off Amazon so I can wait for it to arrive. My son did the same thing …

• Hugs
Reactions: Yarani
Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
Yes, I did it continually, it was part of my way of dealing with the illness or rather part of my illness. I managed to control myself a long time ago and I no longer do it, it didn't cost me as much as I thought. I guess it was because I already knew when I would die and I knew I wouldn't fully enjoy it.

• Hugs
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
I collect stuffed animals myself. It's a lot less for the thrill of having a package on the way, and more because I do think they make me a little happier in the long-term. There is a conversation to be had about overconsumption in our day and age, and how harmful it can be. But at the same time, to me it's really satisfying to slowly piece together my "own little world" of nostalgia and memories. Decorating my room and having my own little safe place where I can express myself is probably one of the only joys I have in life. I can't change the world, but at least I can change my own tiny piece of it.

• Love
Reactions: Mirrory Me, Yarani and thebelljarrr
Yarani

Yarani

When I deserve it the least, I need love the most.
Mar 29, 2024
I bought a plushie yesterday and although I'll be happy once it gets here, I probably will start feeling like shit again once the excitement wears off. But its better than nothing I guess. Can anyone here relate?
What plushie is it? :hug:

Recently got a huge fox for holding while I sleep. Incredibly soft, and cute.
It has been a coping mechanism I struggle with since like forever. I suspect trying to compensate for lack of feeling loved. Terrible when you don't really have the money for it but do it anyway.
🦊 :heart: 🤷‍♀️
I collect stuffed animals myself. It's a lot less for the thrill of having a package on the way, and more because I do think they make me a little happier in the long-term. There is a conversation to be had about overconsumption in our day and age, and how harmful it can be. But at the same time, to me it's really satisfying to slowly piece together my "own little world" of nostalgia and memories. Decorating my room and having my own little safe place where I can express myself is probably one of the only joys I have in life. I can't change the world, but at least I can change my own tiny piece of it.
Totally relate. My own world. When you see it, you'd think a 12yo girl is living here ... 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mirrory Me, sadidiot0328 and Saturn_
sadidiot0328

sadidiot0328

Jun 1, 2023
What plushie is it? :hug:

Recently got a huge fox for holding while I sleep. Incredibly soft, and cute.
It has been a coping mechanism I struggle with since like forever. I suspect trying to compensate for lack of feeling loved. Terrible when you don't really have the money for it but do it anyway.
🦊 :heart: 🤷‍♀️

Totally relate. My own world. When you see it, you'd think a 12yo girl is living here ... 🤦‍♀️
I bought a strawberry cow pillow that comes with a mystery plushie. Most of the stuff I buy is a plushie or something cutesy of some kind lol

• Love
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Yes. Dying my hair was how I managed it for a while. Always made me feel like I had something to live for.

Yarani

Yarani

Mar 29, 2024
I bought a strawberry cow pillow that comes with a mystery plushie. Most of the stuff I buy is a plushie or something cutesy of some kind lol
I had to google that lol. First hit was sweet scented strawberry cow pillows :O mind was blown!
They all look cute!
Mystery plushie, you gotta tell us what it is when it arrives haha. I need to know :shy:

Yes. Dying my hair was how I managed it for a while. Always made me feel like I had something to live for.
What colors?

Yes I order off Amazon so I can wait for it to arrive. My son did the same thing …
If you feel like telling us, what did your son order? And what did you get?

F

feelinggloomy

Student
May 29, 2024
I had to google that lol. First hit was sweet scented strawberry cow pillows :O mind was blown!
They all look cute!
Mystery plushie, you gotta tell us what it is when it arrives haha. I need to know :shy:

What colors?

Yeah … my son in his spare time refurbished computer keyboards. So he would order them from people all over the world … a day after he passed one arrived from Egypt. He would order old keyboards from collectors along with anything he needed to work on them, tools, wires, electronics, motherboards, stuff like that. He also ordered stuffed animals like Super Mario characters… I also found a furry head in his apartment after he passed … which was news to me. He would refurbish the keyboard and then sell it online … I think he was active in some kind of keyboard community. He and I would do this together… I was the "helper" and I helped pack and mail the keyboards. It was yet another thing that we bonded over.

I like to buy puzzles and things for my guitar online along with toys and treats for my pups. I like my son track the packages and wait for them to arrive.

Yarani

Yarani

Mar 29, 2024
Yeah … my son in his spare time refurbished computer keyboards. So he would order them from people all over the world … a day after he passed one arrived from Egypt. He would order old keyboards from collectors along with anything he needed to work on them, tools, wires, electronics, motherboards, stuff like that. He also ordered stuffed animals like Super Mario characters… I also found a furry head in his apartment after he passed … which was news to me. He would refurbish the keyboard and then sell it online … I think he was active in some kind of keyboard community. He and I would do this together… I was the "helper" and I helped pack and mail the keyboards. It was yet another thing that we bonded over.

I like to buy puzzles and things for my guitar online along with toys and treats for my pups. I like my son track the packages and wait for them to arrive.
Thank you for sharing that 🫂
I had no idea refurbishing keyboards was a thing. Glad to hear he had something he liked to be active in. I would think he possibly made the recipients quite happy with such special keyboards?

Got some beautiful puzzles lying around aswell, what motifs do you like? I mean like, is it animals, landscapes or ... not sure I got the correct word there.

Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
Ah my sister does that with plushies. I do that with ordering books and video games and food :ahhha:

Reactions: Yarani and Afflicted
Afflicted

Afflicted

I'm a priest from the underworld, Guess who?
Feb 27, 2023
I 100% indulge in the shop therapy. Collect dummy amounts of Books, Blu rays and video games. Buy guns I'll never shoot just to look at them. Go out to eat at ridiculously over priced restaurants in an attempt to feel something. It always does give me the fizz a little bit but it wears off quick and you're back to where you were in no time.

turbomightbegone

turbomightbegone

🎣
Nov 13, 2023
I generally impulse-buy stuff, mainly plushies and food. my moth plush (which is my main source of comfort) was impulse-brought. I've brought stuff while age-regressing because it made me feel less empty.

I think spending my money on a whim for stupid silly stuff generally makes me feel better and calmer. I recently went out at night to impulse-buy tons of candy after an argument w/ my mother and it helped me cool down. I find digital shopping therapeutic despite me literally dropping money on it as an impulse, it feels pretty calming 🎣

Reactions: feelinggloomy and Yarani
F

feelinggloomy

Student
May 29, 2024
Thank you for sharing that 🫂
I had no idea refurbishing keyboards was a thing. Glad to hear he had something he liked to be active in. I would think he possibly made the recipients quite happy with such special keyboards?

Got some beautiful puzzles lying around aswell, what motifs do you like? I mean like, is it animals, landscapes or ... not sure I got the correct word there.
No problem thanks for asking. Yeah he was really into the keyboard community … I wish I knew how they communicated so I could tell them he passed away. I know some people were waiting for him to buy/sell stuff and they are probably thinking he blew them off.

I like 1000 piece puzzles … a type called Buffalo games (that's the kind of piece that fits together nicely) and puzzles by Amie Strewart. I like beach scenes, cars, I just did one of the eclipse.

dynastickitten

dynastickitten

Jan 12, 2024
I just bought a bird. A feral pigeon.

• Wow
F

feelinggloomy

Student
May 29, 2024
Sometimes once it arrives I don't even want it anymore. 🙈
I generally impulse-buy stuff, mainly plushies and food. my moth plush (which is my main source of comfort) was impulse-brought. I've brought stuff while age-regressing because it made me feel less empty.

I think spending my money on a whim for stupid silly stuff generally makes me feel better and calmer. I recently went out at night to impulse-buy tons of candy after an argument w/ my mother and it helped me cool down. I find digital shopping therapeutic despite me literally dropping money on it as an impulse, it feels pretty calming 🎣
I get that :wink:

thealteredmind

thealteredmind

Student
Apr 2, 2024
mmmhm nop. I'm not working so I'm using my savings and I have calculated how much I can spend each month before I become broke. so basically I have like... 1 year. I will cbt much earlier though. I still somewhat spend a lot on the "not careful" side... but still keep an eye and try not to blow it.

Yarani

Yarani

Mar 29, 2024
No problem thanks for asking. Yeah he was really into the keyboard community … I wish I knew how they communicated so I could tell them he passed away. I know some people were waiting for him to buy/sell stuff and they are probably thinking he blew them off.

I like 1000 piece puzzles … a type called Buffalo games (that's the kind of piece that fits together nicely) and puzzles by Amie Strewart. I like beach scenes, cars, I just did one of the eclipse.
Those look really colorful, a rainblow explosion. I love colorful stuff. Liked the butterfly ball one. And winter reading nook, because 🐈
I imagine the eclipse one to be a challenge.
Saw this and thought it looks epic though

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Expensive food and random shit from Etsy

Reactions: psp3000
etherealspring

etherealspring

can someone just kill me already
Mar 27, 2024
i do this :) sometimes i just need a dopamine rush. and it distracts me from my thoughts a little bit, which is better than nothing

aitouka

aitouka

calm
Apr 5, 2023
You're not alone… I have loads of books unread and tons of makeup unused. Not like I don't read books or I don't do makeup, it's just I'm too unmotivated to do anything.

H

HereTomorrow

On break. Read "About" on profile.
Feb 1, 2024
Mostly food. I have a fridge full of meals yet I purchased a frozen steak and fries meal to cook later tonight. I have steak at home, but I wanted a particular kind of steak.

That, and a lot of enamel pins. I ran out of room to pin them and have like 10 in a bag.

It makes me happy to buy things, though I'm partially cautious to not become addicted. I don't need 50 steaks, but I guess 6 is alright.

Sarros

Sarros

Sep 2, 2021
I do it mostly with things that won't arrive for some time, like pre-ordering a case of the new set of a card game I play. Gives me something to look forward to.

sadidiot0328

sadidiot0328

Jun 1, 2023
They all look cute!

What colors?

Sorry for the late reply; I'll post a photo once they get here :)