• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Yes. Several years ago I tore my ACL. While I did get surgery for it, I never fully recovered and to this day my knee and leg is still in pain and walking can be uncomfortable. It gets worse when it's cold outside.

voidstar

voidstar

time heals nothing.
Jan 7, 2024
Trigeminal neuralgia on the left side of my face, which is a 8-9/10 without medication and a 5-7/10 with medications. Some abdominal pain which supposedly isn't endometriosis after an inspective surgery and the usual nerve pain and mis-sensations with multiple sclerosis.

singularity3

singularity3

Experienced
Apr 2, 2023
Trigeminal neuralgia on the left side of my face, which is a 8-9/10 without medication and a 5-7/10 with medications. Some abdominal pain which supposedly isn't endometriosis after an inspective surgery and the usual nerve pain and mis-sensations with multiple sclerosis.
Big hug for you

T

Thalassa

Jul 24, 2018
I use to have severe burning pain all down my left side 24/7 for 4 Years I understand how bad it sucks
Can I ask what was wrong and how your recovered? I'm just wondering because it sounds like you had nerve pain and I've got tons of nerve pain.

Reactions: davidtorez
ChiefSeattle

ChiefSeattle

Apr 3, 2024
Yes I have osteoarthritis, Lumbarisation of the sacral spine, very painful
It keeps me awake at night especially hip pain. Shane painkillers but they block my stomach.

davidtorez

davidtorez

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
Signing in. Hips, lower back, hands, shoulders.
Some form of arthritis?
Osteoarthritis in my feet. Tendonosis in my feet and elbows. Cysts and ligament tears in my wrists as well as tendon damage in both wrists, could also be Tendonosis. These are all the main reasons why I want to ctb soon. My quality of life has gone down hill, don't enjoy physical activity anymore, working is difficult, sometimes it even effects my sex life. It's all degenerative too, so it'll just get worse with age, I want to ctb before it gets worse

Last edited:
persimmon

persimmon

Jan 21, 2024
Some form of arthritis?
Osteoarthritis in my feet. Tendonosis in my feet and elbows. Cysts and ligament tears in my wrists as well as tendon damage in both wrists, could also be Tendonosis. These are all the main reasons why I want to ctb soon. My quality of life has gone down hill, don't enjoy physical activity anymore, working is difficult, sometimes it even effects my sex life. It's all degenerative too, so it'll just get worse with age, I want to ctb before it gets worse
Yeah, been pretty much housebound and largely bedbound for 6-7 months. Can only hobble around the flat on crutches. There seem to be a lot of people on here in similar situations.

davidtorez

davidtorez

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
Yeah, been pretty much housebound and largely bedbound for 6-7 months. Can only hobble around the flat on crutches. There seem to be a lot of people on here in similar situations.
That sounds terrible. You're from UK or Australia, using the word "flat" ! I'm from Australia myself, hope you're able to get some relief, unfortunately not much can be done in the way of fixing it when it comes to arthritis, only some temporary pain relief

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Yes. Several years ago I tore my ACL. While I did get surgery for it, I never fully recovered and to this day my knee and leg is still in pain and walking can be uncomfortable. It gets worse when it's cold outside.
I know you talked about this in the cancer thread I did. You probably already know this but try and get one of those gel pads (you can freeze them
And put them in the microwave) for hot/cold. It'll help get everything around the ligament to loosen up before you start to flex/extend your knee. It won't resolve the problem but it will help (had to do this due to the pain from my knee golf injury but nothing was snapped).

Are you allowed to wear compression socks on your knee at all? Does it ever swell (like bursitis?)
Sort of my arm from a dislocated shoulder that happened 10 year ago. I got surgery for it but it hurts badly at times. It is not constant 24/7 though.
Sounds like crap. Really like your Sonic Adventure 2 pfp.

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I know you talked about this in the cancer thread I did. You probably already know this but try and get one of those gel pads (you can freeze them
And put them in the microwave) for hot/cold. It'll help get everything around the ligament to loosen up before you start to flex/extend your knee. It won't resolve the problem but it will help (had to do this due to the pain from my knee golf injury but nothing was snapped).

Are you allowed to wear compression socks on your knee at all? Does it ever swell (like bursitis?)
Thank you for the advice, I'll keep that in mind.

Also, yes, occasionally I'll use compressors.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Testicular cancer with a big slice in my abdomen for the surgery. Those misfires and niggle and sometimes pain never go away. Last year (along with my knee) they were doing blood test and ct scans again but couldn't find anything. Stated playing up with pain when I knelt down and I couldn't get back up. Took about 15 minutes before I could stand and not make any sudden movements.
Thank you for the advice, I'll keep that in mind.

Also, yes, occasionally I'll use compressors.
Don't do the hot/cold for more than 5 minutes.

Socks are good every now again but shouldn't be often. The hot/cold treatment is better.

If you access to cold bath and sauna. Do the sauna first then the cold plunge (again either one for only 5-10 minutes max and once only - not repeats).
It is recommended to first sauna then ice bath and not the other way around, as sauna sessions increase the blood flow and heart rate and make our muscles relax, which cold plunges slows down the heart rate and makes our blood vessels contract.
It helps with cellular recovery but can't help with the CTB lol.

Last edited:
persimmon

persimmon

Jan 21, 2024
That sounds terrible. You're from UK or Australia, using the word "flat" ! I'm from Australia myself, hope you're able to get some relief, unfortunately not much can be done in the way of fixing it when it comes to arthritis, only some temporary pain relief
Yeah, exactly that. I'm from the UK. There is a fair amount of luck involved – if you respond well to the drugs you can live a pretty normal life. Not the way for everyone unfortunately.

S

StarryEyed

PMs aren't my thing
Mar 14, 2024
I've been dealing with worsening chronic pain for 35 years due to multiple health problems. For a year I've been barely able to stand or walk. Last year I started with crutches then a cane, and in July I started using a walker. For a year now, I can't tolerate pain meds.

I've always been and currently am incredibly responsible and hard working in taking care of my mental and physical health. I've been on disability now for ten years, extremely focused on managing my long list of psychiatric and medical problems.

Psychiatric problems and pain problems are practically invisible to others. So I've been practically alone with my struggles. And now that people see my walker, at every god damned fucking turn, friends, family, neighbours and complete strangers are right up in my face as instant experts on how to fix me. By their advice, it is quite obvious that they think I'm using a walker because I've been completely irresponsible with self-care and because in their expert opinion I'm a fucking retard.

So my life has gone overnight from decades of suffering in silence to being attacked at every turn. Which would I prefer? So far suffering in silence wins. Fucking fuck I fucking hate my fucking life.

*End of rant.*
😔

S

StarryEyed

PMs aren't my thing
Mar 14, 2024
Rant, Part 2:

OMG I couldn't have screamed any louder in my post! Thanks to those who listened. I could never have said that IRL. Yikes. It felt so good to let it out, all the way from the top of my head to the tips of my toes. I've decided that I will no longer engage people when they make comments about my health. I'll just immediately blow them off by telling them politely that my health is not up for discussion. I'll have to come up with some pat phrases.

This past year has been a real eye opener because I never saw this side of the world. I never even imagined this treatment. I had always wondered whether a visible disability is worse than an invisible disability. I see now they both have their pros ands cons. Of course no disability is the ideal, which will never happen to me. Second best is being dead. But right now I'm working third best, like most people are doing, trying to cope.

Thanks for listening.