radrobin

radrobin

Aug 11, 2020
I love them. The wind, the sound of heavy rain, the ominous thundering, the lightning. And after they're gone everything smells so fresh and new. As a kid I always watched them from my window at night. There's one building up over my city right now. I can hear thunder and heavy wind.

• Love
Reactions: DivineMedicus, foxdie, Weary Soul and 11 others
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Same. I hope there's one happening when I ctb.

Reactions: DivineMedicus and XYZ
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
Hell yes. Especially after a long ass heatwave like we currently have here in the UK.

I NEED ME SOME RAIN (and also thunder and lightning).

• Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf and XYZ
radrobin

radrobin

Aug 11, 2020
Germany is in the middle of a heatwave too. I have my fan running 24/7 and am sleeping in the living room because it has better ventilation than my bedroom. I just want a breath of fresh, non-humid air :(

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf, XYZ and GravityUtilizer
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
Oooo yes remember ones standing in the middle of a field in the middle of a thunderstorm. A big one to the rain hammer down they was a tree about half a mile away. It got hit by lightning was looking right at it could see for half an hour LOL :)

• Wow
Reactions: XYZ
Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
I love every type of storm, they amaze me. I'm even studying atmospheric science in school.

Reactions: purplesmoothie, KleinerWolf and XYZ
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
yes, i love them! although we haven't had a lot lately - it's mostly been raining for one or two seconds and then it's gone. i love falling asleep to them and then waking up to see it's still raining.

agentgeez

agentgeez

Student
Jun 30, 2020
Rain and storms just have such a comforting atmosphere about them, and are so much more relaxing than the searing heat we have right now. Warm, sunny days are like 'noise' for my eyes and body, as in everything's just so bright and hot that it feels like I can't focus. And I don't know what it is, but I feel like cloudy days make the environment look so much nicer than sunny days; maybe it's how the sun shoves itself in your face, like I said. I'd love to live in a nice 'village' area where it's cloudy. There's something about rain that makes me and things in general feel alive in a good way, which is the opposite of sunsets which make me feel alive in a bad way. And there's nothing better than when you're relaxing in your house and there's peaceful rain falling outside, but somehow even a storm is just as relaxing. I don't think I can fully describe it, but I love it, and that's rare for me these days. Although recently it feels underwhelming when it does rain despite my good memories, but I don't like thinking about that. Maybe it's just how I've changed. Anyway, back to the topic, I'd love for it to be raining when I die, but I'm barely capable of planning the bare essentials for my death, I don't think I could check the weather hoping for the right time and look for good scenery on top of that, even if it sounds simple enough. Anyway, that was a pretty long-winded post, but rain is just that good, and definitely one of the only things in life that I still cherish; only the little details of life are good, never the big picture, I find.

• Love
Reactions: Intotheflames, purplesmoothie, not4us and 1 other person
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Love them. Used to be scared of them as a child but as I got older it changed. Hoping we get some in the UK soon as its been incredibly hot. Love a good storm. Very relaxing.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Love them. I miss camping at this time of year. I had an old tent that I took excellent care of, proofed it and glued the seams. It never leaked. I always felt snug and dry and sat through many a thunderstorm on my travels, snuggled up and reading a book, listening to everyone else scurrying about outside in the rain.

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I have this as an app on my phone, absolutely love it. Good recommendation.

Reactions: Soul, XYZ and Deleted member 1465
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Love them too. Too bad we hardly get any where I live. When I was young I lived up North and boy did it rain and thunder! Thunder storms of biblical proportions. Nature is splendid even when unleashed.

• Love
Reactions: Soul
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Did you know that a BBQ crackling sounds exactly like failing rain? Well, IIRC according to Hawkeye from M*A*S*H.

It's thundering and struggling to rain here and the pressure is like a hammer on an anvil. Just get on with it already.

• Hugs
Reactions: GravityUtilizer, Soul and XYZ
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
As a kid idk why but when I was really depressed I would just stand in thunderstorms, gave a calming effect actually being the "eye of my storm". That's what I feel like when I dissociate, blank space closing in and somewhat feel the shit going on around me, but I'm just calm and at peace for a moment. YANK! Back to reality! Lol

I

ilovenightmares

Alcohol is my medication
Jul 4, 2020
I'm drunk and going to sit outside for the incoming strorm (UK, yes). Will I get striked.

• Aww..
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I'm drunk and going to sit outside for the incoming strorm (UK, yes). Will I get striked.
Maybe if you stand in a bucket on a hill holding a long copper pipe aloft and shouting "All god's are bastards!"
Let us know how it goes. :hug::blarg::O

XYZ

XYZ

Jul 22, 2020
Maybe if you stand in a bucket on a hill holding a long copper pipe aloft and shouting "All god's are bastards!"
Let us know how it goes. :hug::blarg::O

Or play some mind tricks on God. Shout: I know you say you're mighty, but I bet you can't strike me down with a thunder bolt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
At least I won't have to water the plants tomorrow if this damn storm breaks. And it will fill my butt up...err...my water butt that is :blarg:

XYZ

XYZ

Jul 22, 2020
Now all I see is a guy flying a kite with a key attached to it and some other guy running without pants in the rain. Somehow this was supposed to be about the beauty of storms not this he he he.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Now all I see is a guy flying a kite with a key attached to it and some other guy running without pants in the rain. Somehow this was supposed to be about the beauty of storms not this he he he.
Giphy

• Love
A

AllReturnsToNothing

I'm useless
Aug 5, 2020
Severe storms like super cells scare the hell out of me but like in a respectful fear type of way. I live right on the edge of tornado alley so we get some nasty powerful storms that come through. You don't really get much of a sense of scale when they're passing through but just the other evening the perfect situation happened where a storm system passed just to the south of us on an otherwise clear day. You could see all the way to the top of the storm where you could even see the rotation of the clouds and the lightning streaking and lighting up the sky. It was aw inspiring. I sometimes wish I could capture just a little bit of the raw beauty and power that it had. I know that's a weird thing to say but I don't know how else to convey it.

• Wow
Reactions: XYZ and Soul
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Yes - they scare and comfort me at the same time. I think I prefer them on a summer's day but at night is almost just as good. It's been such a hot and humid summer - so many storms!

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
It's dark now and finally raining, but not a storm, still in that nascent, pressure building phase that's going to make me have to close the window even though it's still hot.
Why they had to fit sideways opening windows to The Bunker I don't know.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I do, there was one wandering around here in England today and I enjoyed it

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
There we go, it's properly trousering it down now :))

Reactions: Soul
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
They are a fascinating part of nature, yes. However, being close to one can be scary not just for safety reasons, but also the sudden thunderous BOOM (I don't really like loud noises, but the distant rumbling is alright).