thelast

thelast

May 1, 2023
i experienced some pretty fucked up things and have a lot of trauma from when I was younger it was absolute hell but now I'm out of that situation sometimes I wish I was still in it? it's strange because now I feel like I have no reason to feel the way I do. does anyone else understand this? <3

Reactions: Psych3Lug3r, sashimi_ and unexplainedExplorer
BringMeToLife

BringMeToLife

I'm stuck in here
Apr 13, 2023
Maybe you got used to this pain and found some comfort in it?

Reactions: Psych3Lug3r
Upvote 0
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
I agree, we find comfort in familiarity :)

Falling out of old patterns and situations is for our best but it still feels like loosing a part of us. That is not true tho because we are not our pain or our trauma ^^

I am glad you are out if it and I wish you all the best healing <3

• Love
Reactions: Psych3Lug3r, sashimi_ and unexplainedExplorer
Upvote 0
45thRABBIT

45thRABBIT

さよなら.
Apr 29, 2023
i experienced some pretty fucked up things and have a lot of trauma from when I was younger it was absolute hell but now I'm out of that situation sometimes I wish I was still in it? it's strange because now I feel like I have no reason to feel the way I do. does anyone else understand this? <3
absolutely. one of the reasons i joined ss is because i missed the feeling of wanting to CTB and how fucked up i used to be. it sounds very weird but i can't help finding comfort in this, you're not alone!!

Reactions: sashimi_
Upvote 0
sashimi_

sashimi_

salmon and cucumber maki
Apr 27, 2023
i understand this, i often daydream about my past bad situations and the pain it generates is weirdly comforting. i have no clue why

Upvote 0
storeboughtisfine

storeboughtisfine

trying my best
May 1, 2023
Finding comfort in the familiarity, despite how uncomfortable it was in the moment, is really really normal with people who grew up or are used to being abused and mistreated. This is normal.

Upvote 0