P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
How do you define "look like crap"? Rotting starts after death.

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Any cause of death will leave the corpse in a rough condition. You will urinate and defecate. Within the first few hours, your skin becomes pale and loses elasticity. Your corneas will cloud & you lose intraocular pressure would can change the appearance of the eyes. With full suspension, there will likely be bruising around the noose. Blood will also pool due to gravity, so your hands, feet, and legs will probably become discolored. After about 8 hours the corpse is completely stiff & then you hit secondary flaccidity where your skin begins to shrink. It won't be as bad in the first 24 hours as if your body had begun to decay or if you drowned & were waterlogged, but dead bodies are ugly

• Informative
Reactions: wCvML2, DolerDolerDoler, HereTomorrow and 3 others
nightlygem

nightlygem

La Joya
Sep 27, 2023
while hanging in suspension, your body's muscles are stiff to some extent. Your skin and your organs will become discolored, leaving you yellow and purple. your tongue will turn grey and your lips blue. However, You will not relax all your muscles until the rope is removed from your neck. That is when things get messy. Not sure if this happens for everyone, but as I've observed: when the rope has been removed, blood will pour out from any openings in your face. this is due to the blood trapped in your head.

The police tried their best to remove all stains and clear the scene, but to this day there is a patch of dried blood on the floor. They had everyone leave the scene, so luckily no one was traumatized. Well, except the paramedics and police.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Definitely going to be pooling of blood in the lower extremities. Think of it this way, in totality, your body will, most likely, look 10000% better than someone else's who just blew out the back of their skull with a shotgun blast through their mouth. šŸ¤”

• Yay!
Reactions: Forveleth, blackwidow and Shadowpriest
blackwidow

blackwidow

Road to nowhere
Aug 12, 2022
I work in a mortuary and have
dealt with several hangings and each one is different.. I shall tell you of 3.
1. 26 year old male. Average build. Found after hanging in the woods cold and raining for about 10 hours.. Looked absloutly perfect apart from a redish purple rope mark around his neck. And his skin all over was slightly redder.
2. 46 year old woman hanging in a barn for about 6 hours warm day. Slight build.. Very deep bruising and swelling either side of. the rope mark. Blood pooling in her lower limbs and hands.. Swollen face
3. 30 year old man big build hanging in his home.. Unsure of time there.. Purple all over in color,, very swollen head, eyes.. Deep markings and skin slip around the neck.
Nobody looks nice dead that's a fact. The manner of death and many other factors determine how good or bad so to speak how you look. Either way it's not pretty.

• Informative
Reactions: Justnotme, RN13 and Forveleth
R

RN13

Pharma kills
Jun 3, 2024
1. 26 year old male. Average build. Found after hanging in the woods cold and raining for about 10 hours.. Looked absloutly perfect apart from a redish purple rope mark around his neck. And his skin all over was slightly redder.
2. 46 year old woman hanging in a barn for about 6 hours warm day. Slight build.. Very deep bruising and swelling either side of. the rope mark. Blood pooling in her lower limbs and hands.. Swollen face
3. 30 year old man big build hanging in his home.. Unsure of time there.. Purple all over in color,, very swollen head, eyes.. Deep markings and skin slip around the neck.
Nobody looks nice dead that's a fact. The manner of death and many other factors determine how good or bad so to speak how you look. Either way it's not pretty.
Thanks a lot for the information.

How long before a body starts to decomposate in a hot room? Like summertime

And do u think full or partial matters for the aftermath look?
Tnx

Last edited:
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
You can look at pictures of reports. It's definitely not easy on the eyes but not as bad as gunshot to the head ig.

• Informative
Reactions: RN13
R

RN13

Pharma kills
Jun 3, 2024
You can look at pictures of reports. It's definitely not easy on the eyes but not as bad as gunshot to the head ig.
Ok i thought a gs wouldn't be that bad with a single small bullet just a lil hole at the top of the head. But i guess i'm wrong.

Reactions: rozeske
A

alltoomuch2

Student
Feb 10, 2024
I would imagine the differences may be partially due to whether just the jugulars are compressed so swollen face/head, or the carotids, jugulars and vertebral arteries are also compressed?

Reactions: blackwidow
blackwidow

blackwidow

Road to nowhere
Aug 12, 2022
Thanks a lot for the information.

How long before a body starts to decomposate in a hot room? Like summertime

And do u think full or partial matters for the aftermath look?
Tnx
A body will decompose faster in a warmer environment. Same as meat left out in the sun really, it goes off faster.. I dont think partial or full would make a huge difference in the appearance of the body really as both are starved of oxygen.. But the way the body is hung would. So many external factors depend on how they look..

• Informative
Reactions: RN13