• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

famblycat

Jun 21, 2018
Watched quite a lot of documentaries but can't remember them on spot right now. My inner hard drive is messed up.

Below Sea Level - Not really about suicide at all, but thinking about it, it focuses on several 'lost souls' who escaped their past, messed up lives, society or financial troubles (many times all of those together), otherwise might've just killed themselves, in hiding out refuge of desert life, in Slab City California.

It might be too slow and long for some, or maybe depressing. I found it touching and 'relatable'.

You can find it on Youtube surprisingly.

Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
A bit on the nose for someone like me, but I did watch this just the other day. To be honest, it's always frustrated me how the notion of being a hikikomori (or an urban hermit, if you will) is seen as a distinctly "Japanese problem". It isn't. Not by a long shot. This shit is fucking global and I just wish more people would acknowledge it. Now I'll admit that the demographic is much larger in Japan, but that doesn't mean there aren't tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of similar cases to be found all across North America & Europe as well. We need more documentaries focusing on the phenomenon as a whole and not just zeroing in on Japan all the fucking time. Personally, as a North American, it's a bit alienating not to have something closer to home be produced with similar subject matter, but whatever. I guess we're just the trash of society, anyway. Sweep it under the rug and pretend it's not there.

Short films like this one are also good and sorta the kinda thing I'd like to see more of.

B

burrito

Jun 28, 2018
A bit on the nose for someone like me, but I did watch this just the other day. To be honest, it's always frustrated me how the notion of being a hikikomori (or an urban hermit, if you will) is seen as a distinctly "Japanese problem". It isn't. Not by a long shot. This shit is fucking global and I just wish more people would acknowledge it. Now I'll admit that the demographic is much larger in Japan, but that doesn't mean there aren't tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of similar cases to be found all across North America & Europe as well. We need more documentaries focusing on the phenomenon as a whole and not just zeroing in on Japan all the fucking time. Personally, as a North American, it's a bit alienating not to have something closer to home be produced with similar subject matter, but whatever. I guess we're just the trash of society, anyway. Sweep it under the rug and pretend it's not there.

Short films like this one are also good and sorta the kinda thing I'd like to see more of.

Thank you for sharing the short film.

Reactions: DeadLikeMe
Xena87

Xena87

Queen of the night
Dec 9, 2019

I love documentaries! If anybody here would like to watch a fantastic and very controversial documentary about suicide, I have left a link to view free on YouTube.

Reactions: Halo13
sangfroid

sangfroid

A voice heard long ago
Feb 1, 2020
It's not about suicide but I found this documentary incredible. I cannot help but wonder what it's like to want to survive so badly given that I spend every day thinking of the opposite.

Reactions: silent staring void
Xena87

Xena87

Queen of the night
Dec 9, 2019

Edit: Other link was broken, this one is working. Do enjoy

I love documentaries! If anybody here would like to watch a fantastic and very controversial documentary about suicide, I have left a link to view free on YouTube.

mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
Its not suicide related,but I watched an interesting documentary last night on youtube called "Washackie last chief of the eastern Shoshone".Its about Native American history and the old west,two things that I have always been interested in.

I like documentaries.Informative and relaxing at the same time.

W

Worthless loser

Feb 13, 2020
I have over 2 terabytes of documentaries. I love them, especially older documentaries because modern documentaries are too bloated with unnecessary music and senseless interviews. If anyone is interested I can share the resource that I get them from. One docu that I saw on YouTube which is sort of relevant is one about lonely deaths in Japan - people who die alone in their apartments and nobody finds out until their rotting corpse starts stinking up the neighbors places - search lonely deaths Japan on YouTube and look for the longer docu

Reactions: Xena87
Xena87

Xena87

Queen of the night
Dec 9, 2019
I have over 2 terabytes of documentaries. I love them, especially older documentaries because modern documentaries are too bloated with unnecessary music and senseless interviews. If anyone is interested I can share the resource that I get them from. One docu that I saw on YouTube which is sort of relevant is one about lonely deaths in Japan - people who die alone in their apartments and nobody finds out until their rotting corpse starts stinking up the neighbors places - search lonely deaths Japan on YouTube and look for the longer docu

That sounds very good I shall look for this!
Something similar happened to a very beautiful British lady named "Joyce Carol Vincent". She is has always been a heroine of mine! She died alone in the living room of her London flat, surrounded by Christmas presents she had wrapped for friends and family, in 2003 and her body lay undiscovered for 3yrs. When she was found her TV and heating were still on. Its very interesting... The documentary made about her is called "Dreams of a life"