FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
It's so fascinating to me how it seems like some suicides must've been committed by people with prior knowledge yet they don't seem to have a background on this website or with biology, like I saw someone on reddit say they got their noose in a way where they could lose consciousness from laying criss cross apple sauce so I imagine that person found the carotid artery without even being aware of it! šŸ˜³ or how people know what knots to tie to anchor points also I once saw a video of a woman hanging without tying a noose that compresses her neck and I find that quite impressive how she managed to find a way to hang herself without a noose squeezing her neck
and I'm sure there's non-hanging suicides that required knowledge yet somehow someone figured it out without a resource like this as I imagine at least one shallow water blackout death that's been ruled as an "accident" was intentional.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I envy those people, they are the fortunate ones for managing to ctb even know it's so difficult to die on our own terms.

Reactions: sserafim and FutureHanger
certified_idiot

certified_idiot

No Longer Human
Dec 5, 2023
Sometimes its pretty intuitive that you'll die. It's pretty easy to figure out that if you jump off a high enough place you'll die. Sometimes people just figure stuff out by accident, like the guy who figured out how to pass out with the noose. I think it's still a good idea to know the science behind your CTB method, which is why this site is so helpful.

Reactions: sserafim and FutureHanger
CannabisMuncher

CannabisMuncher

You can call me kilometers, cuz ima kms ( He/Him )
Dec 23, 2023
It's so fascinating to me how it seems like some suicides must've been committed by people with prior knowledge yet they don't seem to have a background on this website or with biology, like I saw someone on reddit say they got their noose in a way where they could lose consciousness from laying criss cross apple sauce so I imagine that person found the carotid artery without even being aware of it! šŸ˜³ or how people know what knots to tie to anchor points also I once saw a video of a woman hanging without tying a noose that compresses her neck and I find that quite impressive how she managed to find a way to hang herself without a noose squeezing her neck
and I'm sure there's non-hanging suicides that required knowledge yet somehow someone figured it out without a resource like this as I imagine at least one shallow water blackout death that's been ruled as an "accident" was intentional.
likely they tested ideas as all

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I expect you can learn how to tie knots on the regular internet and YouTube. People maybe experiment before doing it in situe. Plus, you don't need the internet to jump off something tall. Risky though- if it's not tall enough.

I reckon there are loads of failures though. Especially with attempts with OD's and cutting. Isn't the statistic something like- there are 25 failed attempts for one suicide?

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I think most humans intuitively know that to die is far too easy, we are more fragile than we realise. That's why hanging is the most common form of suicide I guess. Or guns then hanging for our friends in the US.

Not that many people actually go on to CTB, it's only about 5000 a year here in the UK which is tiny compared to the population.
The US is about 50,000 which again is not that high.

The real challenge is overcoming the SI and truly hitting rock bottom. Until then we will research countless methods as a form of control and comfort blanket.

Reactions: FutureHanger