Do you wish you could tell your loved ones to make the most of their time with you before you ctb?

• Yes

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
I wish I could tell my loved ones I won't be here much longer. I know they'll feel incredibly guilty when I ctb, especially if they feel like they hadn't spent enough time with me, or made the most of it. It would be amazing if there was some way I could tell them I'll be gone soon and want to spend as much time with them as possible before then, without letting them know I'm planning on ctb.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Whatiwantiswhatiwas and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
All I can do is to enjoy this holiday season. Let them see the the good side one more time, leave them and me with a good experience. Personally, I think it will be easier telling everyone you cherish that you love and appreciate them, it removes one less obstacle.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, 15dec and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
All I can do is to enjoy this holiday season. Let them see the the good side one more time, leave them and me with a good experience. Personally, I think it will be easier telling everyone you cherish that you love and appreciate them, it removes one less obstacle.
Yeah, I'm trying to act happy as much as I can so my loved ones remember me this way more than they remember me being upset and crying.. I want to tell everyone how much they mean to me so badly, give everyone hugs and stuff but they'd find it weird since I'm not usually saying how much I love everyone and things like that

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
B3rry

B3rry

Dec 4, 2018
I guess not, because if I would tell them I'd ctb they couldn't enjoy the time with me.
They should remember me as I wanted them to perceive me and that's without being suicidal.
Otherwise they would be hurt more, at least I think so.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 15dec
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
I guess not, because if I would tell them I'd ctb they couldn't enjoy the time with me.
They should remember me as I wanted them to perceive me and that's without being suicidal.
Otherwise they would be hurt more, at least I think so.
Yeah, I understand. I just worry some of my friends, one in particular, will feel like they didn't do enough. I guess the feeling is normal when someone you know ctb but I don't like to think about it being worse for this particular friend

A

Anima

Student
Dec 5, 2018
I don't really know. It's going to destroy them either way and as much as I believe we don't have to suffer for others I feel guilty and know it's the ultimate betrayal. No one deserves to be left behind (reminds me of Lilo and Stich somehow), to go through the fear of inevitably losing someone they love. It would help me to communicate my pain, but what good would it do for them?

• Love
Reactions: deathxo, Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
I don't really know. It's going to destroy them either way and as much as I believe we don't have to suffer for others I feel guilty and know it's the ultimate betrayal. No one deserves to be left behind (reminds me of Lilo and Stich somehow), to go through the fear of inevitably losing someone they love. It would help me to communicate my pain, but what good would it do for them?
My main reasoning for wishing to tell my loved ones to make the most of the time is so they don't regret not being there as much when I ctb. They'll probably feel like they didn't do enough no matter how much I see them before I ctb but I want to lessen their pain somehow

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, TiredHorse and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
B

Bex83

Aug 26, 2018
No because trust me it doesn't always work out, think a lot of people on here think it will work first time. you are very lucky if it dose. Tell no one . You will only be embarrassed or sectioned

B3rry

B3rry

Dec 4, 2018
Yeah, I understand. I just worry some of my friends, one in particular, will feel like they didn't do enough. I guess the feeling is normal when someone you know ctb but I don't like to think about it being worse for this particular friend
I wish I had a friend like that.
As I mentioned in another thread a "friend" of mine called the police on me, but I think it's more because they think it's their social obligation rather than they really liking me.

15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
No because trust me it doesn't always work out, think a lot of people on here think it will work first time. you are very lucky if it dose. Tell no one . You will only be embarrassed or sectioned
Yeah I know not to say I'm going to ctb, just wish I could be like "hey, love you all, let's hang out tons in case we don't get the chance again", if that makes sense, without people finding it odd why I'm suddenly so warm, I guess

B

Bex83

Aug 26, 2018
Yeah I know not to say I'm going to ctb, just wish I could be like "hey, love you all, let's hang out tons in case we don't get the chance again", if that makes sense, without people finding it odd why I'm suddenly so warm, I guess
Yeah you can do that. I always do that before a attempt. More hugs, a present, more I love you , that type of thing . Just don't go over board so they suspect. Good luck with what ever you choose.

15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
I wish I had a friend like that.
As I mentioned in another thread a "friend" of mine called the police on me, but I think it's more because they think it's their social obligation rather than they really liking me.
Me and that friend have a pretty complicated history and I'm not sure where we stand right now. We haven't spoken recently but I think I know why and I understand, I just hope we can have some kind of positive interaction before I ctb so he doesn't blame himself even more than he would've in normal circumstances.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, B3rry and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
Yeah you can do that. I always do that before a attempt. More hugs, a present, more I love you , that type of thing . Just don't go over board so they suspect. Good luck with what ever you choose.
Yeah, I'm gonna try my best to without people getting suspicious. Getting everyone their christmas presents as well, might leave some notes or letters too. Going to see my friends and family over the weekend and hopefully leave some good memories

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Bex83
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
My two family members and my two friends know I'm close to ctb. It makes for long, awkward ends to phone conversations and texting threads. The long endings are worth it, though. I do want them to know how much they've meant to me.

I just worry they're all going to have PTSD by the time I go, because I can't stop dragging it out.

15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
My two family members and my two friends know I'm close to ctb. It makes for long, awkward ends to phone conversations and texting threads. The long endings are worth it, though. I do want them to know how much they've meant to me.

I just worry they're all going to have PTSD by the time I go, because I can't stop dragging it out.
Some friends and family of mine know I've been feeling suicidal and have attempted before. I don't think any of them think I'll actually do it though. I'm glad your friends and family are there for you through this time in your life

Help_Me

Help_Me

Gene pool mistake
Oct 21, 2018
My dear, dear sun does not take my words seriously (proably). Well, she is not stupid either, but i wish i could tell her more.. But for now i want her to be happy after my death. I'll always love her anyway.

15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
My dear, dear sun does not take my words seriously (proably). Well, she is not stupid either, but i wish i could tell her more.. But for now i want her to be happy after my death. I'll always love her anyway.
Wishing you the best, hugs

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Help_Me and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
I rather they enjoy time with themselves so I can CTB quietly without disrupting their mood. They be like, "Where's Xerxes?" "Oh he's on vacation doing his own thing" "Yeah figures, hey bruh, 'nog' me"

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I couldn't do so without revealing my true intentions, which is to ctb. I'm also not very close with my family nor on the best terms. Also since they'll be sad either way, a note (which will be found after I ctb) will at least mitigate some of the pain (won't ever take it away, but better than nothing).

15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
I couldn't do so without revealing my true intentions, which is to ctb. I'm also not very close with my family nor on the best terms. Also since they'll be sad either way, a note (which will be found after I ctb) will at least mitigate some of the pain (won't ever take it away, but better than nothing).
Sorry to hear you're not close or on the best terms with your family, sending hugs. I'm leaving a note too. Wish I could do more before I ctb go alleviate the pain

K

Kingkelly

Mage
Dec 3, 2018
I saw my family for the first time in 2 months. Everyone living their lives Happy. They know why I'm depressed and they all support me and love me but there's nothing that can be done for my situation. It's going to kill them but I can't live like this.

Reactions: mightypabster, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
I saw my family for the first time in 2 months. Everyone living their lives Happy. They know why I'm depressed and they all support me and love me but there's nothing that can be done for my situation. It's going to kill them but I can't live like this.
I understand, I hope you find peace soon, sending you hugs

• Love
Reactions: mightypabster, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person