• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

do you want people to respond to your posts?

• Total voters
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020
dont help this, dont do that. im sure we've seen these threads. well im curious. instead of an outside view saying dont because of this reason that reason or the other reason (that personally doesnt make much sense to me but whatever) what would you personally prefer? youre the one that made the thread waiting for people to answer. would you prefer if everyone listened to the "dont dos" or would you prefer to know you arent alone and that someone is listening.

going to make a poll but im not exactly sure what to designate the 2 as so im going with "dont dos" and "respond". to make it clear "dont dos" means that you agree with what is being said and people should not respond to those posts and "respond" would mean...well just that, respond. and keep in mind this isnt want you would do, this is what you would prefer others to do if youre the one writing the post.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Personally I like it when people agree with me and disagree with me. Part of how we learn and grow is by getting other perspectives outside of our own heads, and the best way to do that is to ask other people how they feel about a situation. this is even more relevant in the case of emotional situations which is why we do things like therapy and support groups.

O

Onomotopoeia

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
I voted but in hindsight its not clear what you mean.

are you asking if people would prefer people do not post dissenting views?

It's dangerous to live in an echo chamber for anything so absolutely disagree with me tell me your view

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I voted but in hindsight its not clear what you mean.

are you asking if people would prefer people do not post dissenting views?

It's dangerous to live in an echo chamber for anything so absolutely disagree with me tell me your view
example, there was a recent thread saying, dont respond to anyone asking for help they could be under age (paraphrasing i cant remember exactly). if you were the one making the thread asking for help would you prefer people to respond or not? this is just 1 example though.

and aside from people talking about their day asking for help is kind of this sites thing so, there wouldnt be much point for the site.

ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
usually yes. but recently i feel like i am bugging the forum with all of my posts, so i don't want anyone to bother with me when their good intentions and time is being wasted with someone who can't get a hold of herself.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
usually yes. but recently i feel like i am bugging the forum with all of my posts, so i don't want anyone to bother with me when their good intentions and time is being wasted with someone who can't get a hold of herself.
i feel the same way in general. i feel like my disorders or any health problem in general is an exaggeration and i should just shut up and keep it to myself. but its not an exaggeration i honestly feel that way so idk.

you arent a problem though :hug: :heart: if you ever want to pm me feel free to. i might not answer right away but i promise you wont be a bother to me

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
It makes me sad that people feel like they are bothering people when they reach out for help, support, or just to be heard. I do hope that all of you that feel this way understand that is a reflection of how people in your life have treated you, and has nothing to do with your true value or how the group views you. We are all here for each other.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
It should be okay to give advice or to (constructively) disagree with others on what they are planning on doing, so long as you are not trying to dictate or coerce them into doing something. The problem is though: Where is the line drawn? For example there have been previous threads were an individual has said that they want to CTB, and certain replies asked them to reconsider. Now some people here would not have a problem with that, and would see this as simply giving advice, while others would be against those type of posts and negatively label them as "pro-life". It might be a question of personal boundaries.

Reactions: Silvermorning
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
It should be okay to give advice or to (constructively) disagree with others on what they are planning on doing, so long as you are not trying to dictate or coerce them into doing something. The problem is though: Where is the line drawn? For example there have been previous threads were an individual has said that they want to CTB, and certain replies asked them to reconsider. Now some people here would not have a problem with that, and would see this as simply giving advice, while others would be against those type of posts and negatively label them as "pro-life". It might be a question of personal boundaries.
my thoughts on that aspect of it is, its one thing to make sure someone is 100% sure but once they say "yes this is what i want" or variations of, then it kinda crosses the line to prolife, but if someone seems unsure then they arent 100% sure they want to do this and in that case its probably best that they dont until they are 100% sure.

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
If someone posts something I'm guessing they want a response, at least I would have in the past. But hypocrisy is a great luxury and it's one I see a lot of people on this forum enjoying, pretending to be open and supportive when they're just an echo chamber for their repetitive circumscribed fake scripts and double standards. I would have wanted responses in the past but now I'm don't think I would. Since rational discussions aren't even available outside of those scripts it's unlikely any diverging opinions will even illicit proper answers rather than just cheap jabs and even if some members do provide proper answers, on this forum they're likely to be drowned out by self-congratulatory back-patting garbage without substance. No, I would not want a response here.

M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
I like the support and I like people's opinions on things

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
I'm just desperate for anyone to respond. But also completely off the charts mad when they criticize me. But thats just because Im totally unhinged by all of this.

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
example, there was a recent thread saying, dont respond to anyone asking for help they could be under age (paraphrasing i cant remember exactly). if you were the one making the thread asking for help would you prefer people to respond or not? this is just 1 example though.

and aside from people talking about their day asking for help is kind of this sites thing so, there wouldnt be much point for the site.
It depends I never respond to threads about people asking for help on how to kill themselves not even to refer them to the resources section but if it's help on another issue I will share my two cents.

Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
Honestly it doesn't bother me if no one responds. I've had a couple of post no one did and that's cool. It was usually a vent post. And that's what it was a place for me to vent. If people respond great if not cool.

Reactions: All washed up
MindFog

MindFog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Yes. It feel nice to hear the other member's opinion experiences/opinions on topics i'm interested in, especially on subjects i cant exactly discuss with anyone.

Bagger

Bagger

Stressful
Jun 18, 2019
I don't love when they do, but hate when they don't haha.

LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
It's nice to receive a response, but I post without any expectations. I respect that everyone has their own stuff going on and if I don't get a reply, that's okay.