• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Do you try to hide your medical history from other people ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
I keep it a closely guarded secret . It will bring me a lot of shame , might make me radioactive, hurt my employment opportunities, hurt my opportunities to find a partner, stop being seen as an equal by my peers, become the gossip of the town, will have to talk about my illness to every tom,dick and harry who asks , people might start acting fake around me . That's just me though , I know people who openly discuss their medical . Do you ?
If yes why and do the reasons I stated not move you ?
If No why ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can find previous polls here: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/meltingbrain-all-polls.123887/
Part of : https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...st-at-least-1-poll-daily.123125/#post-2051973
DailyPoll
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
I'm open about it.

1) Shame? I don't care what people think of me.

2) Employment? I'm on disability for the rest of my life.

3) A partner? I'm aromantic and find relationships disgusting and want no part of them.

4) I have no meatspace friends or peers and all of my online friends already know about all of my health issues and don't care about them.

5) Gossip? See 1.

6) Just because I'm open about it doesn't mean I have to talk to anyone about anything for any reason. I flat out ignore strangers in public who try to initiate small-talk [which has never been related to my health] anyways.

7) Fake people? Again, see 1.

MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
I'm open about it.

3) A partner? I'm aromantic and find relationships disgusting and want no part of them.

4) I have no meatspace friends or peers and all of my online friends already know about all of my health issues and don't care about them.

5) Gossip? See 1.

6) Just because I'm open about it doesn't mean I have to talk to anyone about anything for any reason. I flat out ignore strangers in public who try to initiate small-talk [which has never been related to my health] anyways.

Download

cath55555

cath55555

Addict with a Pen
Feb 5, 2022
I voted yes, but I'm slightly torn. I'll only tell people when I've known them long enough to consider them friends and know (or at least strongly believe) they won't tell others. for example my current friends know I have an ED, but I hide it from my family. I guess I'm split on this one- some friends I will be open eventually, but I don't tell other friends or my family, depending on who I feel I can trust. only 1 family member knows about the eating disorder currently and its my cousin (from my dad's side) as she is the family member I trust and respect the most and I know she won't tell her mother (my dad's sister) or even my dad. whereas on my mum's side of the family I only told my mum when I first suffered, and she told literally every member on her side I was ill, so now they all think I recovered and they were arseholes before when I was "obviously" sick with it so they're getting told sweet FA lol

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
No, I actually want to tell people all about my mental health and attempts but nobody wants to listen

• Aww..
Reactions: MeltingBrain
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
I voted yes,I've had psychosis in the past and only my family know about it.
Would you mind , if other people know about it ?
No, I actually want to tell people all about my mental health and attempts but nobody wants to listen
It's know it's not the same talking to an online stranger but my DM is open .

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I have nothing to hide. Medical history is private anyways; it's protected by HIPAA. I don't go around telling people in real life my conditions. They don't need to know. I have (neurodivergent) friends and we bonded over our neurodivergence though. I think that all of my friends have been neurodivergent

• Love
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I keep it a closely guarded secret . It will bring me a lot of shame , might make me radioactive, hurt my employment opportunities, hurt my opportunities to find a partner, stop being seen as an equal by my peers, become the gossip of the town, will have to talk about my illness to every tom,dick and harry who asks , people might start acting fake around me . That's just me though , I know people who openly discuss their medical . Do you ?
If yes why and do the reasons I stated not move you ?
If No why ?
You can find previous polls here: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/meltingbrain-all-polls.123887/
Part of : https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...st-at-least-1-poll-daily.123125/#post-2051973
DailyPoll
I'm sure doing that is going to spiral your mind into the gutter. You essentially have to create an alternate reality in your mind that changes reality - the event, dates, times, etc. Better off telling them to weed out the fucking cunts who want to judge you. It's like a shitty person repellant.
Peers - fuck them
Jobs - people are cunts - sociopaths, psychopaths, etc - they'll screw with you mentally regardless of your medical condition
Partner - they'll leave if something medically happens or financial difficulty (even after years).

Your whole town, village, city are majority twats and all are fake. They want money and resources and want to show that shjt off for status. Maybe pump some kids out to parade around and instil their "dreams" onto their spawn. Plenty of spiteful mutants around - I'd advise not getting intertwined in their games. It'll make you worse physically and mentally.
I'm open about it.

5) Gossip? See 1.

I read this after I posted my reply.

Great summary.

• Informative
Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
I think for the most part yes. I only brought up my past with close friends if I was or will be hospitalized while knowing them. Work unfortunately I tried to keep to myself but when I came in constantly crying I had to mention it due to needing some time off. But mostly I try not to share in fear people will judge me differently or just think I'm asking for attention My higher up coping skills is joking about dark things including me wanting to die and I had to be aware of how much I was doing it and stop to save friendships and so I didn't make them uncomfortable.

Last edited:
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
IYou essentially have to create an alternate reality in your mind that changes reality - the event, dates, times, etc. Better off telling them to weed out the fucking cunts who want to judge you.
You are right . I have to juggle a lot of balls when I speak, and my mind is in absolute horrid state because of it. It's like you want to vomit but you hold it in every time .
I was raised with a tiger upbringing and the society around me is status based so I feel like a loser when I talk about my problems .

I see where you are coming from on dropping off fake people by being honest, but I am already lonely and I don't want to be seen as "that guy who has..." which will lead to further alienation . Even if people are fake at least there is a movie you can watch in theater with someone.

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
I'm relatively open about my medical issues with people, but I hide it from doctors because if they know I'm a depressed addict with autism and ADHD, their behavior change and I'm afraid they don't prescribe the meds I need, for example.

• Hugs
pilotviolin

pilotviolin

Student
Jan 27, 2024
i did great for a medical but it was 40c weather, guy snitched on me to the employer (lucky they didnt care) that i had (healed) SH scars... if theyre not stopping someone from lifting things who cares. so yeah. even in medical settings. i feel like everythings judged, which is well, fair, but i would hate to get the wrong treatment or a rude doctor because of past mental health incidents or other things not directly relevant to treatment but because of bias or CYA. maybe its just me worrying too much, but i just dont care to go through the trouble when everything is just going to be snitched on, dismissed, or given the fluoride stare when you go to the people youre "supposed to go to". personal life ive worked on shutting up more, still more work to do as i catch myself deleting posts and accounts online, or slip some news about whatever im doing to others, but ive contained most blabbering to a personal website.

• Aww..
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
You are right . I have to juggle a lot of balls when I speak, and my mind is in absolute horrid state because of it. It's like you want to vomit but you hold it in every time .
I was raised with a tiger upbringing and the society around me is status based so I feel like a loser when I talk about my problems .

I see where you are coming from on dropping off fake people by being honest, but I am already lonely and I don't want to be seen as "that guy who has..." which will lead to further alienation . Even if people are fake at least there is a movie you can watch in theater with someone.
You've got a band aid on your knee where the bone is hanging on by some ligaments and you are bleeding out.

You know where you don't get alienated? Animals. These spiteful mutants are going to use you, abuse you, gas light, take advantage. It's up to you but it makes you fucking miserable and stressed all the time. You end up CTB from the high blood pressure trying to keep up this act.

Unless you are extroverted and need this validation and attention (which it sounds like you don't) - stop chasing the dragon.

• Love