Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm not certain but it's possible my mom might want to kill herself if I did. I've seen her want to kill herself before almost ten years ago for something unrelated and it took me pragmatically reminding her of her religious faith to talk her out of it. In her case it was extremely impulsive and she also wanted to drive me and the rest of her children off a cliff which is why I had to resort to such underhanded tactics to get her to stop.

It's been so long since then that I don't know how she'd react now. I'll try to assuage her concerns as much as possible if I write a suicide note or something. Hopefully she could understand that nothing she could possibly do would help me so it would weigh less on her as a result...

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and Ghost2211
T

TheEndisNear121200

Student
Oct 10, 2020
I relate to everything you have said. my mom has always told me that she would kill herself if I die, or that she would die of grief. My dad and my brother won't probably kill themselves but I don't think they'll be able to move on and it will be even harder on them if my mom followed me.
It's a really tough position to be in. I'm just hoping that I find a way in which they don't have to be the ones to discover my hanging body as that will severly traumatize them and make the situation even worse.

• Hugs
Weightoftheworld

Weightoftheworld

Let me burn.
Apr 19, 2020
No, I don't mean that much to anyone for that ripple effect.

• Hugs
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
i like to think not. but i also have multiple friends who are seriously struggling with mental health and to see me go could really push them into an even worse mental space. i also have a boyfriend who while not mentally ill now, i think that it could cause him to go into a bad mental space however i don't believe it would cause him to want to ctb

• Hugs
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
it's a fact that suicide, no matter how, tends to change people known to the victim, not by coincidence they are usually called suicide survivors. I do not intend to imply that people around you might suicide if you do so, but I just wanted to share a personal experience of mine.

I've been dealing with depression, trauma and anxiety since 11, so it'd not be fair to blame my suicidal tendencies on this incident, but it sure did triggered me. I can still recall the feeling that ran trough my veins that day, in fact I cannot even listen to the specific song I was listening by the time... to give proper dimensions of the matter, I had to move out of my apartment.

Last year, may 13th (2019), I was cooking in my shared apartment when suddenly, it was about 17pm, heard a scream from the street, at first since I lived on a rough neighborhood I didn't think much of it, it was probably just some kids fucking around. But it wasn't. Some minutes later, I heard more screams, doors crashing... I went to the window, and across the street a couple of students were dumbly whispering around a house. I was not close to my neighbor, in fact I never talked to him, but my window was right in front of his gate, and I always so him getting out to walk the door, or just coming home late at night from a bar.

As a curious person, and a med student who stupiditly thought I could help if that was the case, I rushed down the stairs to see what the commotion was about. My neighbor hanged himself... I cannot describe the feeling, but even know, it's as if my soul detached from my body, a chill runs through my spine, the hair in my arms goes up, my head aches, my feet gets cold, my legs go numb, a buzz chirps in my ears. I hate it. I stood in front of his house for yours, gawking at his front door, still as stone, waiting, watching. I didn't feel alive, but like an object, can't really explain it.

I saw the cops, the ambulance, his corpse. I could not see his face, but I saw his chest, his weird shaped tattoo, his legs. The legs never left my mind, neither did the paramedics equipment set around his neck... that bright blinding yellow.

I kept staring at his house for days. I walked by his gate numberless times with the same feeling hovering over me, I'd sit by his window and just watch, all day long, non-stop. I watched his friends crying, his relatives parking his broken old car, his things getting sold and dumped. I watched everything by my window.

I can still not understand how everything seemed normal on such a awful dark day. He died but the sky was on it's bluest, not a single cloud. The afternoon was windy, cozy. Live went on, and everything felt in place, in peace. But he was killing himself. It wasn't even an ugly day. In fact it was beautiful, one you would call blessed and take a stroll trough the park.

And somehow, that triggered me.That day, I reminded myself that suicide was actually an option.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Circles, TheSomebody and Ghost2211
R

Rubyandthemoon

Aug 27, 2020
Unfortunately, coming from the suicide grief space, I have seen it happen a few times, but it isn't super common.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and Circles
A

AMG44

Sep 12, 2020
I really hope that's not the case

• Hugs
Desdemona

Desdemona

Oct 14, 2020
Only child here. No close relatives besides parents. I don't have many friends. When I told my mom of my decision she said that if that's what I want to do then she can't stop me and life will go on

• Hugs
R

Rubyandthemoon

Aug 27, 2020
Only child here. No close relatives besides parents. I don't have many friends. When I told my mom of my decision she said that if that's what I want to do then she can't stop me and life will go on

I'm curious about how that made you feel.

Brokensaddle

Brokensaddle

Student
Sep 28, 2020
No way nobody going bat an eyelid. I have conversations with people in real life who I've told about my plans and they have told me they would be so upset they won't be be able to work but I just think they feeling sad in the moment and don't really mean. They have greater support mechanisms then me. As for my family they actively encourage it so they can play the victim card latter.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
Desdemona

Desdemona

Oct 14, 2020
I'm curious about how that made you feel.

I'm honestly not sure? I think it made me feel a bit at peace but also very upset? Idk what I expected? For her to cry and beg me not to do it?

Me and my mom are very close and she cares about me a lot. I think she said what she said mainly out of shock? It wasn't like a "I won't miss you, go for it" but more of a "I can't believe I'm actually hearing this right now". She has a tendency to be a little bit harsh when she's very upset.

M

Midnight-rain

Student
Jan 1, 2020
Highly unlikely. Parents will certainly be devastated, but enough to follow suit? Nah.
That's a tough spot to be in, I'm sorry.

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I don't think so. I have no friends and little-to-no contact with most of my family

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
No. They will likely use my death as an excuse for attention, they will make it all about them. There's no way for it to be about me because they don't even know me or care to know me while I'm alive, they scoff at my struggles and my suffering while never truly having to experience it themselves. (I even have to worry about my wishes post-death being ignored.) Most of them don't even reach out at all. They have no concept of the type of hell I have been put through and everything I have lost which they take for granted every day. I never even got to be a person.

It will be like when some 3rd cousin twice removed or a long forgotten acquaintance dies and the living take a day off of work because "a death in the family" or the young ones go back to school and use it as an excuse to garner sympathy from their peers, even though they actually barely knew the person who passed..and the social media shits post a god damn tragic essay about it all on their platforms, to get those sweet sweet "poor me" likes. I will become a conventient excuse for whatever any person within 6 degrees of me feels like doing when learning of my death. I won't be there to control the narrative, once I am dead..they own my legacy, they write the fictitious story.
That's why I would rather just disappear entirely. As it is, I could have been dead for years and no one but my parents would be any the wiser. And even they may not know for weeks or maybe months, until the one I reside with started to smell the rot coming from my room.
No. Not a single one of them would kill themselves, my death would just be a sad little sprinkle on their sundae of a life...like "Ooo what can I do with this? Let's see.."

I have thought long and hard about how each and every one of them would react and it is all just various forms of "look at me, feel for me, me, me, me..how special and tragic am I for losing someone to suicide, how much of a saint am I for talking about it, how strong am I for living with it!" All about them and how they can use my death to their benefit. I wish I could knock my name from their mouths forever, before I bite the bullet.

Reactions: There Look! Nothing