• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

6sad6grl6

6sad6grl6

Killdozer In human form
Aug 19, 2023
Personally I'd like to think we end up in another life, like a weird fucked up video game. Not necessarily earth and this plane of existence because of how vast the universe is and life in general, I think you could just turn into a little speck of bacteria just as much as a fly, or something completely alien. Personally I'd think if just talking something earthly id come back a porcupine cause like don't fucking touch me. Even if it's nothing doesn't change my mind, in fact it just seems more peaceful. I just can't help like I'll be back. Anyways I'm interested to know what you guys think?
Personally I'd like to think we end up in another life, like a weird fucked up video game. Not necessarily earth and this plane of existence because of how vast the universe is and life in general, I think you could just turn into a little speck of bacteria just as much as a fly, or something completely alien. Personally I'd think if just talking something earthly id come back a porcupine cause like don't fucking touch me. Even if it's nothing doesn't change my mind, in fact it just seems more peaceful. I just can't help like I'll be back. Anyways I'm interested to know what you guys think?
I hope if I get the choice I end up with my boyfriend again, in a plane where everything's the same I just know better and I get to him in time, and he's still breathing. Regardless life's not worth living when your soulmate is dead.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I very strongly believe we just cease existing after we finally leave this world, once we lose consciousness that is it, there is simply nothing, we are completely unaware and only the eternity of non-existence comforts me, I believe death to be like a dreamless, eternal sleep.

P

pinemarten

Aug 18, 2023
The same way there was nothing before coming into existence, I think it's the same nothingness afterwards from our individual perspective.

A silly thought that I had once that's kind of related and that I often come back to is that we die every time we go to sleep. If our brain is like a computer then I imagine the "us" that we experience inside our heads to be like a program that opens up on the computer in between periods of sleep. A new day dawns, we wake from sleep, and an instance of the consciousness "program" is created within the brain. This consciousness program for the day has access to the memories (literal human memories) that all previous instances of the consciousness program have previously "saved" to the brain in the past (like an instance of a web browser being able to access previously saved files) and the consciousness program can also write new memories as we go about our daily living experiencing things.

Each new day's consciousness feels like it's the same person because it has access to every single experience that all the previous instances experienced and then stored as memories. But is it the same? Like if you open a web browser while also having the Activity Monitor running, you can see the process for the web browser. Then if you close the web browser, the process disappears. Stored files still exist. The computer still exists. And if you open the browser again a new process appears in the Activity Monitor. I don't really believe it to be honest but I use it as a comforting thought sometimes on really dire days.

Basically I tell myself that the me that exists today only has to make it to the end of today because after I go to sleep that "me" will literally cease to exist. My shift was these ~18 or so waking ours that I endured that day. Then when I go to sleep, my shift is ended (forever) and all the problems of my life, old and new, become the burden of tomorrow's instance of the consciousness program. Sure that guy will feel like he's me, and he'll have access to the thoughts I had today, but he's his own person. So he deals with the problems, not me! As I said, I don't really believe it but it also have a hard time disproving it (presumably because I know fuck all about brains or computers).

despairhangoverand

despairhangoverand

Aug 22, 2023
The same way there was nothing before coming into existence, I think it's the same nothingness afterwards from our individual perspective.

A silly thought that I had once that's kind of related and that I often come back to is that we die every time we go to sleep. If our brain is like a computer then I imagine the "us" that we experience inside our heads to be like a program that opens up on the computer in between periods of sleep. A new day dawns, we wake from sleep, and an instance of the consciousness "program" is created within the brain. This consciousness program for the day has access to the memories (literal human memories) that all previous instances of the consciousness program have previously "saved" to the brain in the past (like an instance of a web browser being able to access previously saved files) and the consciousness program can also write new memories as we go about our daily living experiencing things.

Each new day's consciousness feels like it's the same person because it has access to every single experience that all the previous instances experienced and then stored as memories. But is it the same? Like if you open a web browser while also having the Activity Monitor running, you can see the process for the web browser. Then if you close the web browser, the process disappears. Stored files still exist. The computer still exists. And if you open the browser again a new process appears in the Activity Monitor. I don't really believe it to be honest but I use it as a comforting thought sometimes on really dire days.

Basically I tell myself that the me that exists today only has to make it to the end of today because after I go to sleep that "me" will literally cease to exist. My shift was these ~18 or so waking ours that I endured that day. Then when I go to sleep, my shift is ended (forever) and all the problems of my life, old and new, become the burden of tomorrow's instance of the consciousness program. Sure that guy will feel like he's me, and he'll have access to the thoughts I had today, but he's his own person. So he deals with the problems, not me! As I said, I don't really believe it but it also have a hard time disproving it (presumably because I know fuck all about brains or computers).
I really resonate with this idea. I think of it this way too. Each time we wake from sleep, we are a bit new. Each time we fall asleep (lose consciousness), we have a small death of that. Death is just another one of these, just one that you don't wake up from. We've died multiple times before. All we've done is practicing death, each night, each time we say goodbye and goodnight to our loved ones, another day of our lives die.

xlostie

xlostie

All I wanna hear is music
Aug 20, 2023
Well i believe that your body and consciousness die but there is something left from us, call it soul, energy whatevs. Probably won't perceive things as we do in our human forms.
I remember reading something i think it was somehow connected to parallel universes, or at least that's how i understood it. Sometimes you die but your consciousness goes to another timeline and you don't really know that you are dead. Simply said i can shoot myself now my coworkers will assume im dead but from my perspective ill continue living without the memory of what happened. Something like that i think it's an interesting theory.

Reactions: sserafim
Andro_USYD

Andro_USYD

Artificially happy on medicine
Jul 1, 2023
Well I'm going to disagree with the general consensus and say that it's ultimately meaningless life without an afterlife. It all depends on the question of whether God exists and for that I've encountered many arguments in favour of theism, if you'd like to hear them give me a PM or just reply. I assure U U won't be disappointed.

offtoseethewizard

offtoseethewizard

Student
Aug 19, 2023
Any argument for an afterlife has very flimsy and easily debunked evidence as far as I can find. I've done a fair amount of digging from a scientific perspective.

I'd like to believe there's something, but my logic thus far hasn't been able to support that conclusion.

c0rpse

c0rpse

Nov 28, 2019
In my personal opinion and view I'd say both. It is our brains that perceive reality as we see it thanks to our senses, and once complete brain death occurs those senses will be completely gone. We will return from once we came back into the nothingness. But it is also the nothingness that we also came from so who's to say we won't be reborn anew again.
Well i believe that your body and consciousness die but there is something left from us, call it soul, energy whatevs. Probably won't perceive things as we do in our human forms.
I remember reading something i think it was somehow connected to parallel universes, or at least that's how i understood it. Sometimes you die but your consciousness goes to another timeline and you don't really know that you are dead. Simply said i can shoot myself now my coworkers will assume im dead but from my perspective ill continue living without the memory of what happened. Something like that i think it's an interesting theory.
Ah that's the quantum immortality theory.

Last edited:
I

I'mdone77

Aug 27, 2023
I really don't want to do this shit again so hopefully fully a fade to black

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Personally I'd think if just talking something earthly id come back a porcupine cause like don't fucking touch me.
Lmao this is such a mood. I just want to live my life and not be disturbed by anybody.

D

dustinspector

Oct 7, 2023
The uncertainty scares me. I wonder if i lived another life before this one, without knowing. Or that one day will I never be able to dream or think?

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
I believe there is another life and that we fade to black. Another life we just never know it's a new one because we faded to black in order to suffer all over again.

wiinterfrost

wiinterfrost

it only gets worse..
Oct 8, 2023
i kind of strongly believe in reincarnation even though i wish i didn't. i wish i could just fade to black and it ends but i can't shake the belief there will be a life lived after. a restart button to all this suffering. i just hope it won't have to be human, and if it is a large animal, then hopefully not one that is stuck in a human-made animal torture-factory (like those milkpumping ones for cows) or zoo. i would say a deep-sea animal would be nice but the humans pollute the sea so much that it'd have to be torture... ugh.
another lifeform on another planet sounds nice.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
i kind of strongly believe in reincarnation even though i wish i didn't. i wish i could just fade to black and it ends but i can't shake the belief there will be a life lived after. a restart button to all this suffering. i just hope it won't have to be human, and if it is a large animal, then hopefully not one that is stuck in a human-made animal torture-factory (like those milkpumping ones for cows) or zoo. i would say a deep-sea animal would be nice but the humans pollute the sea so much that it'd have to be torture... ugh.
another lifeform on another planet sounds nice.
Being a human again would be my worst nightmare. I would hate to be one again! Personally I want to be a cat or dog or something. Being another lifeform on another planet would be great. It would be nice to be far away from humanity, on a planet in a distant galaxy…I hate the fact that I had to be a human here on earth when the universe is so vast and never-ending. Like honestly, why here out of all places?

• Love
Reactions: wiinterfrost
pengin

pengin

Femenine wizard
Oct 6, 2023
An after life would be like sadistic joke in my opinion. If in 18 years I can barely keep my self sane wtf am I suppose to do after dying? And what's after the afterlife?, an other afterlife? I don't get why someone would believe that let along be happy of it's existence.

3ndl3ss-v0id

3ndl3ss-v0id

Void
Jul 31, 2023
I don't know, but I hope I fade into black when I die. I can't do this shit eternally.

T

takyon

im just a girl
Oct 9, 2023
this question scares me and i really have no idea, i just hope for the best. i hope whatever comes after is peaceful and euphoric. i don't necessarily want to just.. lose consciousness for the rest of eternity, i just want to be in a place more enjoyable that where i am right now.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Even if I never "exist" in any shape or form thinking about never ending existence of the universe and such is scary as hell.

Just imagine everything existing forever and beings not even knowing why. And cycle repeats. Forever and ever.

I envy people who never think about this because it is the worst nightmare for me.

szk

szk

voe
Apr 1, 2023
I like to think there's like some form of an afterlife, but we're instead given a second chance as a being more divine than the last.

Starry2He

Starry2He

Talking Corpse
Oct 8, 2023
I have some odd beliefs, mostly centered around a reincarnation theme where you can kind of choose/ask to be something else in your next life, and the universe will flow with your wishes.
Isn't it so interesting, all the variety of human beliefs? I wish you all comfort and peace in the afterlife (or lack thereof)

Shiva_Story

Shiva_Story

Student
Mar 12, 2023
I think we'll get options based on our awareness and soul level.. nothingness, dissolution, return to the source, reincarnation all there on the menu