• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
In the event that the PLA commenced a full scale invasion of Taiwan, what do you think the US response would be?
Do you think someone like Trump would actually be a strong wartime president and bring the full weight of US military might to bear?

@Dr Iron Arc

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Personally I think we are going to see a lot more Taiwanese immigrants. Many people from there that I've spoken to about this are prepared to bail on the country entirely in the event of a China invasion.

As for what I think the US government response would be I think it would be about the same as I feel like it has been with Ukraine and Israel where no matter who is President, we will be doing both too much and too little to help them at the same time. The Democrats seem to be just as willing to ally with Taiwan if Nancy Pelosi's trip there was anything to go by but I can also see Trump being willing to do whatever he can in the name of spite for China, which seems to be what a lot of Taiwanese also believe about Trump.

I think what's more interesting is how China would fare in the aftermath. Taiwan is probably going to fall if China invades but there's reportedly a lot of countermeasures in place to make sure it will still be as inconvenient as possible for China. Supposedly the geography of Taiwan actually benefits it in a way that makes it difficult to be laid siege to from the West part of the island so as long as they can fortify the eastern side then they can keep it open for the US to drop supplies and reinforcements and stuff.

And all of this isn't even getting into the semiconductors that Taiwan has a monopoly over although efforts to make them in the US during the Trump Administration did not go unnoticed. War in Taiwan would probably also be pretty expensive and inconvenient for the US just not as much as it would be for China regardless of whether China wins or surrenders.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Most likely yes.

I don't know why the USA would abandon an ally like Taiwan.
If the USA didn't respond to this attack, the world would also consider it a huge weakness.

But let's remember that such an attack by China most likely means World War 3.
I don't think that China would attack Taiwan without some sensible plan. It wouldn't make sense.

Taiwan is an interesting topic in general.
I once saw military simulations of what such an attack by China on Taiwan could look like.
Taiwan is a VERY fortified island and it would definitely not be an easy invasion for China.

But another issue, is war profitable for China at the moment?
China is currently conquering other countries economically.
War is expensive and devastating.
Of course, China has internal problems and will have to deal with them somehow.

We will probably all agree that another world war is inevitable.
But I think everyone will wait and see how things unfold.