• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I have not found a good source which summarizes China's drug policies. I did not want to use the text of the Chinese embassy. I guess they are proud of their success with it. From what I have read compared to the Western countries the drug abuse in China is less severe maybe due to the higher punishments.
Overall you can say the punishments are very drastic. For some drugs crimes there is the death penalty especially for drug dealers.

Donald Trump said he wants to copy some laws from China to solve the drug problem. Especially the death penalty for drug dealers.

If you read some of my threads you might know I am very much anti-drugs I was raised like that the only good thing my parents told me. However I don't support such insane drug laws. This is simply authoritarian. The death penalty in general is very questionable in my opinion.

I am ambivalent on the legislation of weed. There were some changes in Germany. I am not sure about it.
I have met so many people in the psychiatry who ruined their lives irreversibly due to drug use which led to severe mental illness. The economic damage is also pretty high. At the same time I think self-determination is one of the highest values there is. I am quite liberal on (assisted) suicide I am not sure whether I am hypocritical if I am at the same time very determined against the legislation of drugs.

The topic is very complex there are some good arguments in favor or against the legislation of drugs but I don't want to dive into it now.

I really enjoy listening to Lil Peep. His music comforts me. However he really celebrated and kind of promoted excessive drug use. Of course one should not forbid such an art. But I read of fans who copied his lifestyle who died the same death despite the fact they wanted to live. So I ask myself how much rockstars who celebrate excessive drug usage damage our societies. For the majority the drug usage will remain a short time period in their life. Not all of them become mentally ill or addicts. But I met a lot of people with completely destroyed lives. Some were only shells of their former selfs which increased my anxiety about drugs even more.

By the way I had to take so much addictive medication to survive the last semester. The withdrawal symptoms were nightmarish despite the fact I only took a very small dosage. But I really understand now why many people consider benzos to be so dangerous. However I have a strong will and impulse control. This is why I was able to dodge addiction so far.

What do you think about it? I think I am clearly in the minority position in this forum. The people here are way more liberal on drugs than me.

LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
I personally think that not all drugs should be legal. In my opinion only weed should be legal. All the other drugs are just dangerous and many people either die or experience a bad trip because of them.
I personally already smoked weed like around 20 times and I always had some good time. I often did smoke weed with one of my best friends. We definitely had a good time with hell a lot of good vibes XD

peace_van

peace_van

My time stops now.
Sep 9, 2023
More research is to be done on how drugs work and the possible consequences of using drugs.
Results should be open for public discussion on whether to legalize or criminalize.
For now, it's reasonable to ban them for public safety, but death penalty is authoritarian, so is the Chinese government.
It's rigid and stupid, not embracing science, not open to public discussion.

Like weed, it almost proves to be safe, so it should be legalized, though in most countries public opinions may need time to change.

O

obligatoryshackles

I don't want to get used to it.
Aug 11, 2023
It won't work nearly as well in the west due to cultural differences. In China, the stigma against drug use is heavily baked into the popular consciousness because of the first and second Opium War, which is well remembered as a core component of the Century of Humiliation. Even if they were more democratic, there would be overwhelming popular support for their harsh anti drug policies, unlike in the US, for example.

Reactions: peace_van