• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
Good post. For me the sexual abuse has haunted me for decades. I don't think I'll ever recover from it. Also the knowledge that people could choose to do good things in the world but instead they decide to harm others for personal gain.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Yes there are things in our lives that cannot be recovered if they are once lost. We also may get illnesses or we have other terrible experiences in our lives and we cannot recover from them bc they r too severe.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
As a standard- it's difficult to say. Some people genuinely do seem to get over the most horrendous things in life. Others break over something seemingly small. I think we all have different tolerances but more importantly- some people seem to see more reason in staying alive than others. When that's gone, it can literally be a straw that breaks the camels back I suspect. Why is anyone going to keep fighting to live when they don't actually want to?!!

I'd say, with the will to live, people seem to be able to put up with all sorts but, if that goes- I wonder if you can even get that back.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Nothing inherently so. Adaptability is the hallmark of homo sapiens and someone somewhere sometime found a way to live with pretty much any adverse circumstance you can think of.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Sometimes you can't win.
You are doomed to failure and there is nothing you can do.

For some people there is simply no help.
The reasons may be different, but the result is the same: failure.

Sometimes, even if someone functions relatively well, they may still have traumas that haunt them.
It's just hard/impossible to overcome it.

Life is a brutal game with dirty rules.

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
I think some things are "unrecoverable" in that the damage never goes away. However, I think everyone can learn and adapt to live with their issues. It definitely takes an ass-ton of work sometimes, but I think everyone could get there with good guidance and support.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Nothing inherently so. Adaptability is the hallmark of homo sapiens and someone somewhere sometime found a way to live with pretty much any adverse circumstance you can think of.
Yes and no.

Survival and happiness are two completely different things that are not necessarily related.

Of course, people look for positives even in very bad situations.
This is our defensive reaction.
But I think that in the long term such people cannot be called happy.
They simply fight to survive, because that is our nature.

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
As a standard- it's difficult to say. Some people genuinely do seem to get over the most horrendous things in life. Others break over something seemingly small. I think we all have different tolerances but more importantly- some people seem to see more reason in staying alive than others. When that's gone, it can literally be a straw that breaks the camels back I suspect. Why is anyone going to keep fighting to live when they don't actually want to?!!

I'd say, with the will to live, people seem to be able to put up with all sorts but, if that goes- I wonder if you can even get that back.
I've been thinking a lot about this. I was institutionalized for years at an abusive place, like a hell on earth type of place. When I got out I noticed that the people that did best had a good support systems. The drifter types (myself) just floated away, had very little support and didn't do well. The people that could join society had family and friends that were around them and were loving. It also seemed to have a lot to do with the amount of abuse before and after being institutionalized. I think personality does play a role but I don't think it's as important as environment. Just my observations.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I've been thinking a lot about this. I was institutionalized for years at an abusive place, like a hell on earth type of place. When I got out I noticed that the people that did best had a good support systems. The drifter types (myself) just floated away, had very little support and didn't do well. The people that could join society had family and friends that were around them and were loving. It also seemed to have a lot to do with the amount of abuse before and after being institutionalized. I think personality does play a role but I don't think it's as important as environment. Just my observations.

I'm so sorry you didn't have the support system you deserved. That makes sense though. Even in my own family, not that it was abuse but my Grandma suffered terribly with her health. I often wondered how she coped with being in pain every day. I think she hung on for her family though. Human relationships- love can be so powerful. I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of suicidal people are issolated. If you're only living for you and you don't want to live, it's not much motivation!

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I can't recover from the fact that I was born. Even if I ctb, that still doesn't prevent me from being born in the first place and suffering for a finite amount of time. I wish that I never had to suffer at all but unfortunately I do because I was born against my consent

Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Death will give me peace
Sep 21, 2022
Well certain childhood trauma I can't recover from, my conditions like my autism which is incurable for example and once you reach a certain age it's very difficult to turn your situation around and it's not like I want to because I don't pass society. I'd rather not have existed with the suffering.

Last edited:
L

lifewasawillowtv

You’re losing me
Nov 12, 2023
Definitely, trauma is the first thing I can think of off the top of my head. I'll never recover from my trauma. Especially in childhood, that stuff shapes you up for the rest of your life and imo you can't ever fully recover from it.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Well certain childhood trauma I can't recover from, my conditions like my autism which is incurable for example and once you reach a certain age it's very difficult to turn your situation around and it's not like I want to because I don't pass society. I'd rather not have existed with the suffering.
Same. The worst thing is that there's no cure or treatment, yet you're expected to function in a society and world not built or meant for you. You have to change yourself to fit the world, and I don't want to do this. Why should I have to live in a neurotypical society and world which will never understand me? Having autism is like living life on hard mode. It's like playing the peak difficulty in a video game

Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Death will give me peace
Sep 21, 2022
Same. The worst thing is that there's no cure or treatment, yet you're expected to function in a society and world not built or meant for you. You have to change yourself to fit the world, and I don't want to do this. Why should I have to live in a neurotypical society and world which will never understand me? Having autism is like living life on hard mode. It's like playing the peak difficulty in a video game
Yep, the world is not meant for people like us and we can't change ourselves for this world because we will never be on that neurotypical level. I also don't want to play that nightmare game.

Reactions: sserafim
S

setmefreenow

Apr 7, 2024
My bipolar disorder. I am happy for those who are able to manage (not cure) their condition with mediation and therapy. For me, it just doesn't work. Relapse could strike anytime without any warnings.

Todsünde

Todsünde

brain pls start to filter
Apr 20, 2024
I think some shit you can only learn to live with. It's either getting used to the pain or dissociation for me.
Some things I've been able to just accept some other things my brain refuses to even remember for longer than a flashback with panic attack. There's no limit to the suffering some1 can feel and sometimes it leaves scares you just cannot recover from.

Fucked up thing is it doesn't matter how bad different people think something is. Some people never recover from certain things some1 else wouldn't even consider a problem but there's stuff out there people universally break from and never recover unless being a psychopath. The world has endless suffering to offer and it's completely up to the individual to try to live with it.

Lookingtoflyfree

Lookingtoflyfree

Student
Jan 11, 2024
Cannot recover from C-PTSD and autism (and autism + ADHD). I truly believe there is no hope; I am trying therapies and habits, but I am haunted by abuse.

hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
Yes. There is a lot of things. I was thinking about this for long time too. There are scars certain pains, people, trauma that just haunts you until you die. Life can become a living hell every minute second of it. There is no limits in this world when it comes to suffering, things ALWAYS get worse literally. There is horrid situations one can encounter but theres many more to come because thats what life is about, suffering just because.

B

brokeandbroken

Warlock
Apr 18, 2023
as asked. I'm curious as to what others think.
I think my life is about as close to unrecoverable as you can get. To make matters worse is I don't really have it within myself to want to try. It's just not worth it given my current circumstances and the opportunities to do so are really really really hard to find.

Reactions: anonymousbookreader
anonymousbookreader

anonymousbookreader

Apr 5, 2024
Yes. I'll never recover from childhood trauma.

There are treatment resistant mentally ill people. It's a fact that we can't recover from everything, not a feeling or opinion.