garbagepunk

garbagepunk

May 21, 2023
that the mere fact that you are alive is worth something almost holy? something that you can't waste?

Reactions: trove1080p
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
that the mere fact that you are alive is worth something almost holy? something that you can't waste?
Value for who? Yourself? Others? God? And value for what? Capitalism? Society? The world in general? Honestly, I don't believe that life has any inherent value. There's no value in being alive (imo). I think that we're all just here by accident. I think that life is what you make of it.

Reactions: Cloud Busting
ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
Depends on how much you'll be accepted by society. I lived all my life wanting to feel purpose, turns out i'm really not liked by so many. All my purpose came crashing and shattered to nothingness, now time to ctb

• Aww..
Reactions: conarc, jessisme, sserafim and 1 other person
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
The only purpose of live is to survive and breed as we were evolutionarily designed to do.

I do support existentialism though, in that life is truly what you make of it. Modern society as we know it has evolved faster than humans themselves, which makes life pain and enables us to act more destructively thanks to modern technology. Humans are living longer than before for no real reason, and most current social mores and survival requirements are manmade, like 9-5, going to college, capitalism, taxes etc. There is no rhyme or reason to any of this shit.

However, does there have to be? The cosmos, the stars, the sun, the moon, scientific breakthroughs, music, art, entertainment? They serve no purpose but I'm happy to have experienced these things, even if by random chance. Who cares if none of this matters? Sensory delights are pure pleasure. I'm a hedonistic slut for a reason.

dra1ncoreslwt

dra1ncoreslwt

tove 𓆩♡𓆪
Mar 22, 2023
Deciding that life has value upon others is an opinion, it's personal, you just can't claim something without factual evidence. But personally, I believe that you give your own life value, ctb shouldn't mean that your life is worthless either, or it can, depending on what you want. Value for what being alive gives you, not in a political, religious or capitalistic way. How much do you value being here? Some might want to take care of their life and carry on, some might not, it's philosophical.

Reactions: Cloud Busting
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Never, existence is completely meaningless and unnecessary, it's devoid of value. I very strongly believe it would be better if life never existed at all, it just causes harm, it's tragic how life even exists at all, as the existence of life was nothing more than a horrific mistake that cruelly disturbed the peace of nothingness.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, CTB Dream, trove1080p and 1 other person
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
Pick a profession, or even lets say a vocation... something that society considers really important.

Lets say a neurosurgeon, for example. Many people will say this is a really important job/vocation. You are dedicating your life to something noble and valuable to society, fixing people's brains.

Now, imagine if all the neurosurgeons were gone tomorrow... what would happen? All the people who need brain surgery, wouldn't get their surgery. Then what would happen? Nothing... life would just go on. There's not enough people in the world that need brain surgery, for it ever to be a threat to the survival of our species.

So just how important or valuable is a brain surgeon? Our society says they are very valuable, and they get richly rewarded for their skills. If one of your kids said they wanted to be a brain surgeon, you would automatically think they are doing something great and valuable with their life. But the truth is, they're not actually that important or valuable. Only to a tiny insignificant percentage of the population.

This is just one example, of where we think our lives are really valuable and important. Someone is important enough to have their brain operated on, and someone is important enough to be able to do the operation. But in truth, they're actually not. Both the surgeon and the person needing surgery, are not really that important in the grand scheme of things. Life would motor along just fine without either of them.

Reactions: sserafim
avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
I think life has value.
I don't consider life holy.
Do whatever makes you happy
even if it means wasting your life.
As long as you can look forward to something.

Reactions: Meditation guide
lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
Yes, you only have one life and as far as we know you only get one. The issue becomes when you have a very poor life (which is a matter of luck) then your life becomes not worth living. I know often people speak about CBT as if it's nothing but it's truly the end of your consciousness, no more sensations, no food, no sun on your skin, no dreaming/sleeping, no media, no future it's the end oblivion. But there's also peaceful to be found in absolute nothingness. What it ultimately comes down to is whether you consider your consciousness worth having

Reactions: garbagepunk and sserafim
trove1080p

trove1080p

Bread&Circuses til CTB
Sep 15, 2023
Never, existence is completely meaningless and unnecessary, it's devoid of value. I very strongly believe it would be better if life never existed at all, it just causes harm, it's tragic how life even exists at all, as the existence of life was nothing more than a horrific mistake that cruelly disturbed the peace of nothingness.
Thank you for eloquently and succinctly nailing this! It's hard for me to read the existentialist idea that "life is what you make it", that many people repeat.

CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Life nonsns all pain sffr no meann

Reactions: trove1080p
FrostedHoax

FrostedHoax

Student
Dec 1, 2022
I think once you've lived to adulthood, you get to decide how much your value your own life has. If you believe that it would be worth it to see this life through and make it all the way until life decides to let you go, then that's fine and if you choose to get off early, then that's also fine. Either way, choosing to live out as full of a life here as you can or ending it early should be your choice alone to make and no one should be able to decide otherwise for you.

Reactions: sserafim