G

Gabbi_Station

Jul 30, 2024
Looking at the theories of a possible recession hitting soon, inflations, and the large amounts of people living in tents; it seems like for a majority of people living happily in pretty much impossible?

What happened? Why do people refuse to admit the current quality of life is creating an epidemic of misery and mental illness?

Reactions: sorrowful, MatrixPrisoner, Bleneviola and 9 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yes, society has made living happy to be very difficult. I don't understand why but, for some reason, many people are okay with being exploited and treated like shit. I'll never understand society. I just have a different neurotype than them to be able to understand them

Reactions: Gabbi_Station, MatrixPrisoner, Bleneviola and 5 others
K

Kalista

Failed hard to pull the trigger - Now using SN
Feb 5, 2023
one is it's made to be a competition between people, rather than altruistic reasons. unless you're already born with money, if you're not good at playing 'the game,' then you'll lose just like everyone else in poverty.

no reason for them to think life is shit when they're already living their best one.
"i already got mine. so go get yours." -- except it's blind to what people have to go through when they're 'at the bottom' to begin with.

Reactions: sserafim, Gabbi_Station, prana and 1 other person
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
yes life is bad enough already . but they are making it worse. It' s only going to get worse

Reactions: sserafim, Gabbi_Station, landslide2 and 2 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Yep, society and people in general have a lot to answer for. I live for fantasy and escapism in a world that doesn't care.

Reactions: sserafim, landslide2 and divinemistress36
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
yes life is bad enough already . but they are making it worse. It' s only going to get worse
Do you know why people are okay with things getting worse? I try to understand their perspective but I just can't. I just don't understand people at all

Reactions: Bleneviola, sserafim and pthnrdnojvsc
Xe-

Xe-

Seems better than Tinder
Jul 29, 2024
Yes

Reactions: sserafim and landslide2
landslide2

landslide2

Arcanist
May 6, 2024
zero-sum capitalism has failed the multitudes. it's a dog eat dog system where the very few benefit, and the rest are meant to fight amongst themselves. all the short term greed has also wrecked the planet for generations to come.

a system that allows for 62 people to have more wealth than half the world (3.5 billion people) is immoral. labor exploitation is fundamental to the gross inequality that has come to pass.

You can read about so many companies who raised prices under guise of inflation when really they were just being greedy. Food insecurity will worsen when only a few players own most of the supermarkets and even industrial agriculture. so many companies took government aid from the pandemic and used it for stock buybacks to bump up their stock prices and even laying off workers. many prices have stayed high because capitalism has taught them to see how much the consumer can bear for the sake of profits. meanwhile so many people are struggling with food security.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, Gabbi_Station, Bleneviola and 1 other person
A

avalonisburning

I've got spurs that jingle, jangle, jingle
May 12, 2024
I think that's a complicated and complex answer.

A lot of people in society are able to live happy and satisfied lives for a multitude of reasons, including factors like their upbringing, culture, survivors pride, siege mentality, and personal values - even in the face of adversity. They don't give a lot of thought to the things we do, because in spite of the adversity they faced - and everyone faces adversity, even wealthy and privileged people - things worked out. For them, society is just something that is. It's something they're a part of, and that's all that really needs to be said.

When you're so unhappy with life to the point that you're seriously considering prematurely ending it like we are, usually for the exact same reasons that the happy people are happy, it's easier to see the cracks in the structure, because we believe that something just isn't working here. This makes problems created by the way the world is structured more pronounced and difficult to ignore.

I don't know what point I'm trying to make because my response ran out of steam after the third paragraph, but yeah. It's hard to boil down to a yes or no answer because of how many moving parts there are. The pie can only be so big, I suppose. This shit sucks on ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabbi_Station
hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
Society couldn't care less if people are happy or not. People are there to be wage slaves. That's why even though the planet is overpopulated, society still encourage people to have children. Because they need more wage slaves.
Do you know why people are okay with things getting worse?
They are either too stupid to acknowledge in how much deep shit we're in, or are too brainwashed by the news and social media, to care. Tbh, majority of humans aren't smart (we're animals after all), and I don't think the huge amount of propaganda that they're being constantly exposed to, is good for them. There are currently multiple wars going on in the world. People who don't live in those areas don't care because it doesn't affect them. "If it doesn't affect me, why should I care?" basically.

Reactions: sserafim, Gabbi_Station, ijustwishtodie and 2 others
Bleneviola

Bleneviola

Aug 1, 2024
Yes, I do think so. I think it's a mixture of corporate greed and stupid people overpopulating which has caused the problem. But yeah, most people seem fine living lives that I'd consider objectively atrocious, so.
Do you know why people are okay with things getting worse? I try to understand their perspective but I just can't. I just don't understand people at all
You know, this might sounds mean but ...they just don't think. They just don't think in terms of probabilities and stuff. They just focus on the very short term and distractors in their lives.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and ijustwishtodie
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
It's zero sum game.

For every winner, there has to be a loser. For every have, there has to be a have not.

The greedy winners make sure this zero sum game is 99% lopsided.

It's twisted lottery. People need to stop buying these low-probability tickets in the form of having kids. 99 out every 100 children born will be NPC nobodies that have to suffer through life. We need to put a stop to this. Use protection and contraceptives, everyone. At the very least, try your best to pull out.

Reactions: sserafim, Gabbi_Station, Bleneviola and 1 other person