KAZ-2Y5

KAZ-2Y5

Verrückt
Jul 23, 2023
No short answers, explain yourself.

Do you believe it is ever justified, if so what circumstances? And why? Do you believe revenge is rational, reasonable, AND moral? And why?

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Revenge can be quite healing. Since people have ideologies about it, maybe best to phrase it as "Is tit-for-tat a good strategy?" Revenge sounds more rational when phrased as game theory

Adam Smith said this about his society, and I think it was a reasonable mindset:
"A person becomes contemptible who tamely sits still, and submits to insults, without attempting either to repel or to revenge them. [...] Even the mob are enraged to see any man submit patiently to affronts and ill usage. They desire to see this insolence resented, and resented by the person who suffers from it. They cry to him with fury, to defend, or to revenge himself. If his indignation rouses at last, they heartily applaud, and sympathize with it. It enlivens their own indignation against his enemy, whom they rejoice to see him attack in his turn, and are as really gratified by his revenge, provided it is not immoderate, as if the injury had been done to themselves."

Implementation-wise, it helps to have great friends who'll help. As injured parties may be too emotional to be moderate or even effective

KAZ-2Y5

KAZ-2Y5

Verrückt
Jul 23, 2023
Revenge can be quite healing. Since people have ideologies about it, maybe best to phrase it as "Is tit-for-tat a good strategy?" Revenge sounds more rational when phrased as game theory

Adam Smith said this about his society, and I think it was a reasonable mindset:

Implementation-wise, it helps to have great friends who'll help. As injured parties may be too emotional to be moderate or even effective
I think that's offensive to abuse survivors who used fawn, freeze, and flight as a way to survive. submitting is a fawn and freeze strategy to surviving an abusive attack from someone. All these ideologies are weird as fuck tbh.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
I think that's offensive to abuse survivors who used fawn, freeze, and flight as a way to survive. submitting is a fawn and freeze strategy to surviving an abusive attack from someone. All these ideologies are weird as fuck tbh.
It doesn't matter what you think is "offensive to abuse survivors". I support them quite frequently, and many TELL ME they want revenge. And so I help them, directed by them. It's not up to you to judge them

If someone wants to use fawn/freeze/flight, then I might help them do that too.

Please excuse me, I didn't realize this thread's hidden agenda; I'll ignore it