Votes: 7 43.8%
  • no life is not a waste of time

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
A waste of time is when you spend it on something that doesn't improve your skills, doesn't expand your knowledge

I have been giving more thought to the futility of life recently. No matter what we do, all will be lost at the moment of death. All the knowledge, skills and lessons learnt throughout life are all wasted upon death.

doesn't this render life a complete waste of time

Reactions: LifeQuitter, heavyeyes, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yes, life is a waste of time or at least it is for me. The only thing that I want is death and any second spent being alive is a second wasted. The only thing that I want is death, nothing else

Reactions: LifeQuitter, heavyeyes and Darkover
ra1nw3rldd

ra1nw3rldd

︻デ═一
Sep 13, 2023
not for most people but maybe for some of us here

Reactions: heavyeyes
heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
For me personally yes

• Hugs
Reactions: LifeQuitter, Pluto and Darkover
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it's an entirely personal thing. It depends on what you aspire to and whether you can get anywhere close to it and it depends on what you think of other people's achievements.

Someone who finds enough purpose in life to be happy isn't going to care whether you think their life is valuable. Unless you become psychotic and try to kill them. Your opinion on their worth probably won't affect them unless you have power over them.

Alternatively, someone who you admire for having achieved something- a game designer, a musician, other people may utterly detest and think a complete waste of space. We all have different preferences in life. Different values we place on things.

If it's a case of, everything is worthless because nothing lasts forever. Potentially, everything could be destroyed I suppose in the end. Again, that's a legitimate view I guess. I think more people just try and live in the moment though.

If we followed that train of thought and didn't bother to try and do anything in life because- what's the point? We'd still be cave dwellers I imagine. Think of all the things you would have missed out on- games, music, films, books.

It's not a practical way to live for people. Most people need to earn their crust of bread. Then, it becomes finding the lesser of the evils I think. We use things like 'purpose' to motivate us towards things we enjoy doing. So hopefully, we can pursue careers in it or, at the least, do it as a hobby.

I know it isn't exactly a luxury because, welfare is required but, most people likely just don't have the time to question what they're doing. Whether it's worth doing what they're doing. If their choice is do nothing and starve, they'll likely work so they can eat!

Reactions: heavyeyes
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm of the opinion that time is a waste of life. So much more could be done for the greater good if time wasn't a thing. Living life would be so much easier if the passage of time wasn't something to be worried about. Fuck time.