coolgal82

coolgal82

she/her, terminally silly :3
Sep 10, 2024
Do you think if i make a logically sound argument i could convince them that like me being around will only bring me suffering and they can like maybe help me pass (in the case of family atleast)? or would they be too emotionally driven?

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, lawlietsph, sorrowful and 2 others
jepe24

jepe24

Shelly
Sep 6, 2024
They wont understand I have tried so hard !!

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Hollowman and sorrowful
Jon Arbuckle

Jon Arbuckle

Aspiring Corpse
Jul 23, 2024
Do you think if i make a logically sound argument i could convince them that like me being around will only bring me suffering and they can like maybe help me pass (in the case of family atleast)? or would they be too emotionally driven?
I just don't think it's realistic, if they love you they would probably never accept it. I'm sorry.

Reactions: sorrowful
Mkeblair

Mkeblair

Aug 12, 2024
This is a phenomenal question! I actually find myself wondering about this often. My wife and I are somewhat separated, but living in the same house still. I have contemplated, SO MANY times just being blunt with her about my desires/intentions... That being said, she's a licensed mental health therapist, so she is one of the people who ACTUALLY could make a call and have me placed on a temporary watch/taken against my will, and I know that she would...

My other family (which is minimal)- Mom, step-dad, sisters, probably wouldn't care a whole lot, we are not very close.
I really think it comes down to how your relationship is with them...

Just_Another_Person

Just_Another_Person

Student
Sep 16, 2024
I highly doubt that unless you are in a "critical condition" (terminal cancer, heavy chronic pain or quadriplegic for example). In their eyes you will "get better" or just negate everything. Remember SI? They also have it for their offspring. I'm not trying to say "think of your family", I'm referring to the biological viewpoint where most animals (and humans in their right mind) would do everything to make their offspring survive.

Also, just in case: in ANY circumstance have this conversation with a kid, it is traumatic asf (trust me, happened to me).

Last edited:
Reactions: eeah
sevennn

sevennn

Student
Sep 11, 2024
no. unless you are terminally ill. or helplessly anorexic and dying, etc. or maybe a drug addict that can't seem to recover. these examples are what come to mind. i'm sure there's more.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I've thought about this too. My intention is to wait for my Dad to go first. Sometimes though, I think- if I get to a point where I feel like I can't hold on anymore, could I get him to understand? Surely, it would take away the shock element if people had warning. It would give them the chance to get their questions answered. It would allow them to at least get accustomed to the idea before it happens.

I just don't think it's realistic though to be honest. Unless it's something absolutely obvious- eg. someone is bed bound and in pain constantly. Otherwise, I just think people view it as normal to struggle in life but somehow, you're supposed to keep going until it all works out in the end.

Actually asking for help to suicide could put them in legal trouble. Assisting a suicide is still illegal in many parts of the world. Probably best to check that if you decide to involve them.

permanently tired

permanently tired

I know you're laughing
Nov 8, 2023
They don't care, too obsessed with how it would "devastate" them. I lost respect and empathy for them and idc anymore. It's going to be them or me and unless some freak accident removed them from my life, it's going to be me.

Emeralds

Emeralds

Aug 29, 2024
I doubt it in most cases. Unless you have a very serious illness or are severely disabled and they know for a fact that your situation will never improve. Even then they may not accept your decision. With other situations which are less clear cut, they can always argue that your situation could always improve and tell you not to give up.

Last edited:
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
I don't know. My family just doesn't care. And they don't care if I die as long as they don't know beforehand probably more for legal reasons then because they give a damn.

lawlietsph

lawlietsph

can we be done here
May 6, 2023
No, in my opinion you can't. If they didn't experience the true, deep, dark, deadly mental state yet, then it's impossible.
They will come up with the usual
"but life is beautiful"
"you have so much to live for"
"think about us"

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
It depends on how they are. My family would never understand, so I don't even mention ever that I have suicidal thoughts, let alone plans! That's why I am on here to find like-minded people. I felt like a freak before, alone with.these thoughts making me feel more suicidal ironically. When I ctb it won't even come as a shock to them though, since they know I suffer many ailments. But if I tell them I have plans, they will take away all my freedom in order to "save" me.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
They're too emotionally driven. It's impossible to get them to understand. They have a different mindset regarding death and that's the only mindset that they will stick with no matter what you say. Even if you had 180 IQ and used it all on your arguments, it still wouldn't make a difference

LXR515

LXR515

Jun 12, 2024
Unfortunately no matter what you say or convince them logically about, people that aren't suicidal will never understand it and will always try to keep you alive when you don't want to. Thier emotions will take precedence over your own pain each time I've seen it happen with myself