K

Kris7825

Jul 7, 2021
Is anyone familiar with door anchor straps for resistance band exercises? Do you think if I used one or even two as an anchor for my rope that they could hold a body weight of 190 pounds?

I thought I would try these versus the door knob because door knob isn't very strong. Thanks

Attachments

• anker-solo-01.jpg
    anker-solo-01.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 0
  • letsbands-powerbands-door-anchor-benefits.jpg
    letsbands-powerbands-door-anchor-benefits.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 0
  • f138543794f96e1967971bedcaafdf278c11f341_original.jpeg
    f138543794f96e1967971bedcaafdf278c11f341_original.jpeg
    16.9 KB · Views: 0
D

Duality

Harmony in Duality
May 27, 2023
It can likely hold your weight, but I'd make sure to do this on a door that has a lock so it can't swing open. Also make sure to test your setup out by first pulling on the rope with your full weight to see if the door anchor strap might snap.

Reactions: Kris7825
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
It's not full suspension unless your feet are dangling above the floor. That seems improbable with this setup, unless you're very short or your door is very tall. Did you mean partial suspension? If so, you don't need to worry about the straps bearing your full weight.

Even still, I think the straps would be strong enough to suspend you, if you found some way to literally hang yourself from them. They're intended for people to do pull-ups with them, aren't they?

Reactions: tora, Kris7825 and Duality
K

Kris7825

Jul 7, 2021
It can likely hold your weight, but I'd make sure to do this on a door that has a lock so it can't swing open. Also make sure to test your setup out by first pulling on the rope with your full weight to see if the door anchor strap might snap.
Actually the door does have a lock so I will make sure to lock it. I will pull with full weight first thanks
It's not full suspension unless your feet are dangling above the floor. That seems improbable with this setup, unless you're very short or your door is very tall. Did you mean partial suspension? If so, you don't need to worry about the straps bearing your full weight.

Even still, I think the straps would be strong enough to suspend you, if you found some way to literally hang yourself from them. They're intended for people to do pull-ups with them, aren't they?
I am 5'9 and the door is about 6 feet tall. I would fully hang but possibly if any stretch in rope or anchor strap my toes might touch the floor . Hopefully if my toes touch the floor it won't affect anything
I didn't know you could do pull ups with them so yes they should be strong enough. I'll use both

Last edited:
Reactions: Duality
K

Kris7825

Jul 7, 2021

Okay the door is a bit over 6 feet but I forgot to account for the noose so yeah my feet will be touching. Was hoping to do full. I hope I can figure out partial because I've only been researching full