Maeve

Maeve

The screaming never stops
Jul 17, 2023
Yea i find mysef disgusting have not showerd in amost two weeks dont remember when i last btushed my teeth

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Not really struggling with that here. I have a shower once a week. I brush my teeth only every now and then, when I don't forget about it. I'm ok with that.

G

GloomHands

Oct 15, 2023
When I'm working, I shower for every day that I work. If I'm off that day, I don't shower unless I know I'm very ripe and need to go out somewhere. ...Completely different story for my teeth. For some reason, I can't form a habit that will stick. It is sporadic. A few months back, I had to have two extractions done on my teeth due to cavities (the pain was unbearable, couldn't even sleep and when I did... I was clenching my jaw very hard which then made my jaw painfully sore) and I still can't bring myself to do it.

Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
i had 22 cavities by the time as was 18 because my parents never took me to the dentist most of my molar teeth have completely decayed now 37, i don't shower just wash my ass everyday at the sink because of a brain injury i shave everyday or two i never brush my teeth even since a young age
On a similar note, the sperm donor refused to take me to the dentist after age 7 - 8 since he didn't want to "waste money on them congratulating my good teeth."
Funny enough, I hate feeling unclean just as much. So it's damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of situation.

Therefore on any given day it's a question of what's more tolerable: feeling the dirt or being overwhelmed by the process of showering and brushing teeth.
Likewise, I struggle between the tactile burden of being too dirty and oily, and the constant executive dysfunction, body image issues, sensory overstimulation, psychological overload, overall fatigue, and other mental and neurological symptoms that impede grooming activities like showering and oral hygiene.

The drudgery of continuous physical maintenance, numerous symptoms of autism, depression, anxiety, and PTSD; pernicious effects of aging, and preventing the worst health complications are four of the countless motives to end my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Higurashi415
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I find basic things very boring but I force myself to do them.

I wish they just hook me on some vr machine and let me roam around virtual reality forever.

UserHussein

UserHussein

Oct 14, 2023
I struggle with shaving and cutting my hair, I look like a mess.

Brushing my teeth I only do once a day, I can't be bothered to do it before I sleep. I drink a lot of coffee, so the yellowing of my teeth is visible, but I'm yet to develop any cavities. Also, I don't consume sugar.

nezu.061

nezu.061

built for blame, laced with shame
Jul 16, 2023
I don't struggle as much when it comes to showering, but I've had a bit of a history when it comes to dental stuff. Ever since I was little, my mother forced me to brush for 10 minutes every single time I brushed. In the morning, at night. I got pretty tired of that as a kid who couldn't sit still, and I started to ignore and practically despise brushing my teeth because of how long I had to do it. I'd try to brush as little as possible because I hated it. Of course, that came with consequences—my teeth are all yellowed and there's calcifications on them now. I only started trying to actually brush and floss daily earlier this year. I'm doing kind of well, but sometimes I forget some nights. I don't know why I try anymore, because I feel like it's not reversible.. but I feel more shitty if I don't do it, so I just bear with it.

N

nessun_nome

Student
May 7, 2023
I do with showering.
Because of my depression I don't have the mental energy to take a shower every day.
So I do it once a week.
I just put deodorant to mask the smell.

With brushing my teeth, I used to neglect that too then I had a cavity.
I was chewing "Bazooka Joe" gum and suddenly a part of my tooth broke off.
Immense pain followed and the day after I went to a private dentist.
And I had to get a filing.
It cost a lot of money.
Ever since I am terrified of another cavity so I make sure to brush my teeth once a day at least.

As a male with strong facial growth I also have to shave.
That I hate the most.
It's such a f chore.
So I do it once every week or so.

Yes. I used to like shaving but can't be bothered now. Or preparing meals. I really can't be arsed with my teeth and only shower or change my clothes when I think somebody will notice.