E

Eegretfrex

Oct 13, 2023
I do with showering.
Because of my depression I don't have the mental energy to take a shower every day.
So I do it once a week.
I just put deodorant to mask the smell.

With brushing my teeth, I used to neglect that too then I had a cavity.
I was chewing "Bazooka Joe" gum and suddenly a part of my tooth broke off.
Immense pain followed and the day after I went to a private dentist.
And I had to get a filing.
It cost a lot of money.
Ever since I am terrified of another cavity so I make sure to brush my teeth once a day at least.

As a male with strong facial growth I also have to shave.
That I hate the most.
It's such a f chore.
So I do it once every week or so.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Higurashi415, Iamtired, Tobacco and 2 others
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I'm the exact opposite actually. I can't shower or brush my teeth enough. It's the only thing revives me enough to stay in this miserable game, Come to think of it, maybe I should stop so it would make me more inclined to give up.

Reactions: outrider567, jussrav, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i had 22 cavities by the time as was 18 because my parents never took me to the dentist most of my molar teeth have completely decayed now 37, i don't shower just wash my ass everyday at the sink because of a brain injury i shave everyday or two i never brush my teeth even since a young age

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy and WAITING TO DIE
GlassAlwaysEmpty

GlassAlwaysEmpty

Red Grapes only
Jun 22, 2020
I do struggle to get dressed and wash a lot of days.

I do normally brush my teeth twice a day. Tooth pain is no joke, and dentists are expensive as fuck. I've had fair bit of work done because of neglect and it wasn't cheap.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
Huge struggle especially taking a shower. I'll go for weeks without one but I'm mainly housebound because of my health and I also have a bidet to keep the undercarriage clean. I'm just too damn exhausted which is the number one reason I plan to ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: Higurashi415 and WAITING TO DIE
D

ddonnieddarko

28:06:42:12
Oct 13, 2023
ive been struggling mostly with brushing my teeth. ive been too tired especially at night

• Hugs
Reactions: bebebeep, annointed_towers and WAITING TO DIE
sammiechzxv

sammiechzxv

just a girl who's kinda sad
Aug 7, 2023
Both tbh but I think I'm getting better at them

vampire2002

vampire2002

weeb & neet ♡
Oct 8, 2023
i do with both. i try my best but results vary tbh. i can usually brush my teeth once a day and shower every 2-3 days.

WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Yes, I struggle when my depression is chronic.
Sorry about your tooth, I had an access a couple of months ago , yet couldn't find a NHS dentist in UK because they all seem fully booked these days.

Reactions: Eegretfrex
NocturnILL

NocturnILL

She will become the wind…
Sep 11, 2023
I definitely struggle to take care of myself and stick to my routine when my depression is bad 😖

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and annointed_towers
laylaN

laylaN

Apr 4, 2023
I used to not shower or brush my teeth for days at a time, but I'm getting better at it. Playing music so I won't be alone with my thoughts helps a lot. The looming threat of having to pay for dental work is also pretty motivating, tho this didn't really matter to me back when my main thought process was "I'll just cbt before [x] becomes a problem 🤷"

aitouka

aitouka

calm
Apr 5, 2023
Definitely, mostly with brushing my teeth. I have braces on so it's even more tiring to do. Now I maybe brush once a week. Fuck life.

Visitor_

Visitor_

Please do not take anything i say to heart.
Sep 9, 2023
When it comes to brushing my teeth yes... i have absolutely no mental will to do it. The most i went without brushing my teeth is about 3 weeks though. Not as bad as some other people here
When it comes to brushing my teeth yes... i have absolutely no mental will to do it. The most i went without brushing my teeth is about 3 weeks though. Not as bad as some other people here

riamu

riamu

walking waste of bandages
Jan 5, 2023
since we're on SS i'm going to admit i haven't brushed my teeth for pretty much my entire life;; i had parents who never cared to enforce it when i was growing up so it just never became a 'thing' for me. i have slight gum disease on my front teeth but after the molars everything is fine according to my dentist. my body seems to have grown used to me treating it terribly and is coping accordingly lol

beelzebul

beelzebul

(;´д`)ゞ
Oct 10, 2023
sometimes i go weeks without showering and even longer without brushing my teeth. I'm holed up in my room 95% of the time so it's not REALLY a bother to others. i do shower and brush before meeting people/going out though.

i just lack any motivation to do anything. it's hard to get out of bed sometimes.

N

none_of_your_biz

Oct 8, 2023
I havent brushed my teeth in well over 2 weeks, and showered yesterday after also about 2 weeks. I have adhd and very possibly autism aswell as severe depression, i *cant* shower or brush my teeth, i either dont have the energy for it, or the thought of the texture of getting out of the shower, or the strong taste of toothpaste is unbearable. Everytime i walk into class there's atleast one person screaming "ugh it smells in here, shower more" and i know i should brush more often especially with my cigarettes and coffee consum. You're definitely not alone with this, i will try to brush my teeth tomorrow morning

B

babychicken🐥

Oct 13, 2023
No!!!!! I dont do laundry well though!

chuerdhmproton

chuerdhmproton

Mr. Water Pig
Sep 9, 2023
It's not easy I have to admit. I hate brushing my teeth but I still brush once a day usually in the shower so I can get it over with at the same time. I kind of like showering though, makes me feel fresher even though it is an effort

Reactions: Iamtired
Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
I have problems showering regularly. I showered today because I was going to a party, but just after 9 days of not doing it. My psychologist tries to push me do to it more frequently and I've done it some times but it's hard.

I brush my teeth everyday once at night just to avoid problems. Once or twice I had infections in my wisdom teeth.

Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
Force myself to. I also have a weird situation going on where I rip the skin off my lip and don't try to remedy it with any chapstick or ointment. Depression is sooooo fun.

MarchFog

MarchFog

Oct 9, 2023
Showering in particular for me.
I lose all motivation.
Growing up it was the first sight that I was getting badly depressed. I have to force myself to shower these days and I'm really ashamed of it.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I am currently able to bathe on a semi-regular basis. I know what you mean about it being a soul-deadening chore, though. What isn't? I force myself to provide proper care for my cat, because none of this is her fault. Other than that, I just don't care.

Twiceler

Twiceler

Pro-suicide. Blackpill.
Dec 16, 2021
I shower once in 2-6 months. I brush my teeth every 2-3 days. And I shave every 1-2 months. That's how it goes for me since 18y.o. And I usually call myself not "depressed", rather doomed, but it's not because of chores, initially.

Last edited:
T

TheNihilisticViking

Atheist, Nihilist & Pro-Mortalist
May 14, 2023
Yep! I struggle to bath/shower and I've went weeks and months without bathing/showering before (yeah, I know it's disgusting and I'm ashamed of it) in times of severe mental health flare ups. I literally have to force myself or get notified by family members or something to bath/shower and I've also went long periods of time without brushing my teeth. These two things are part of the several reasons why I'm in receipt of disability income in UK. When it comes to my teeth, it's not my teeth that are affected, it's my gums that are the problem for me because they're receding at a quicker rate due to the lack of brushing. I don't really have a very sugary diet because I mostly drink water and have the occasional sugary drink for a treat a few times per month.

Last edited:
Geist

Geist

F this forum and its members. Nothing but pussies.
Oct 7, 2023
Nope, I don't really have issues with that. I exercise 4-5x a week (30mins on a stationary bike, nothing crazy) and always take a shower after that. My showers usually last only 5min. I brush my teeth 2-4x a day, once in the morning and before bed, and it also depends on what I've been eating throughout the day. I always brush my teeth after I ate candy or fruits (gotta wait at least 30min) for example. Sugar is the archenemy of teeth.

I would say I take pretty good care of myself. I also try to eat mostly healthy, and I like to keep my place clean too.

fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
I mostly struggle to brush my teeth. If I don't shower in the morning I feel terrible and paralysed, it's such a big part of my routine. So when I shower I brush my teeth at the same time. It's my little lifehack. But I find it very hard to brush my teeth at night. They've gotten worse and worse during the years.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Anything like that is certainly a burdensome chore, it's tiresome being a slave to this decaying flesh prison. All that existing is, is trying to fulfil endless needs to avoid suffering even more and this repeats until one finally ceases to exist, it's undeniable that existing is so incredibly futile.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy
リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
I hate both with burning passion because of sensory issues.

Funny enough, I hate feeling unclean just as much. So it's damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of situation.

Therefore on any given day it's a question of what's more tolerable: feeling the dirt or being overwhelmed by the process of showering and brushing teeth.

I must say, most of the days I can put myself through doing hygiene stuff thanks to adapting and discovering ways I can make them easier/less jarring.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy
twatingthroughlife

twatingthroughlife

I don't know what I'm doing
Sep 29, 2023
You might have tried this, but you could bring the toothbrush and stuff in the shower.

kuchenn1238

kuchenn1238

Draw a dog
Oct 2, 2023
not at all, i can't stay more than two days without a shower.. I was recently hospitalized so i couldn't really brush my teeth and it was such a disgusting experience, i always try to keep myself as hygienic as possible