• Yes. You stop living after you die.

• No, you survive after you die.

• Not sure, I have to look it up.

Results are only viewable after voting.
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Do you think that you don't die after you die? Or do you think that you're dead after you stop living?

• Yay!
Reactions: PrisonBreak, rationaldeath, Foresight and 4 others
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Maybe "living" is the wrong term when talking about afterlife. I personally think my consciouness will stop

Last edited:
Reactions: gr1lledcheese
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm sure if the real answer as to what actually happens after we die was knowable a lot more people would probably start choosing death (I'm basing this on the more likely assumption that whatever happens is still better than what living has to offer).

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime
RockBot

RockBot

A Mole Sitting in a Hole
Jun 6, 2020
Do you stop dying after you live?

Reactions: gr1lledcheese and demuic
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
You respawn into the same life, die and repeat the loop indefinitely, while the bearded old man in the sky watches in amusement.

C897A37D 129D 446F 9FB7 F99FF37228FB

• Yay!
Reactions: ShornSoloists, Shu, miserableforever and 5 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Oh please, when I, gone, please don't bring me back to this world. Not again.

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, PreussenBlueJay, gr1lledcheese and 3 others
settheory

settheory

Bundle of perceptions
Jul 29, 2021
  • Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, Ringo, rationaldeath and 6 others
N

NeverGoBack94

Apr 23, 2021
I don't know what happens after death. If you want to be assured then find a religion but I doubt they allow you to kill yourself.

GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
I don't not think that after I die I don't definitely not die after I'm dead

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I'll let you know after I consume 3257438568734 evidence-free videos that the YouTube algorithm picked for me.

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, gr1lledcheese, _Minsk and 2 others
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
*The* fate meme has already been posted, so i'll add this one too.
f9qq23ohcte71.png

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, WrongPlaceWrongTime and GenesAndEnvironment
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
It's more complicated than just consciousness. Think about flowers - they don't die immediately when cut. They can actually continue with their life cycle for some time. Being "alive" is mainly determined by the presence of ATP in cells. I don't understand the exact biology behind it, but pretty much as long as your heart is pumping, that compound is being refreshed and you can stay alive. This is why people can survive even after brain damage that makes them a vegetable. It's also why the functioning of the heart determines whether someone is clinically alive or dead.

TLDR, when your heart stops, ATP production stops, and you are dead - start decomposing.

UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Everything I've said about this topic I've already said it so I'll leave you with quote that closely confirms my thoughts on this matter. The only kind of rebirth is the one where I return to where I belong without knowing it.

FAQzNFJVQAcXbNS

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I want to put my thoughts down about this. There are two points about how to think on the matter of dying and things are related to it.
There are none-speculative parts and speculative parts.

What is none-speculative:
-Dying is ceasing of vital signs in irreversible manner.
-Near Death Experiences: they are not coming back from death. The body and the brain may go into a very low vital state but not absolute zero. The natural vital state alters between high wave (long) and zero wave (short) and when the high wave gets too low as to be close to zero wave it gives the illusion of a flat line but it is not really a flat line and then high wave comes back and the rythm is restored to normal level which gives the illusion of coming back from the dead.
-Conscience mind of the brain is known. The unconscious mind is unknown for the most part

What is speculative (part of this is my own conjectures and part is my understanding to my religion's beliefs:
1)My conjucture-The unconscious mind is like a super computer Network that is not limited by the brain which is a node that has access to that network through the interfacing with the conscience mind so when someone dies their conscience mind (thoughts, memories, feelings, personality) is not lost forever. It is stored by the unconscious mind by the interfacing.
2) According to my religions literature as to what happens to when someone dies and there are different things that could happen based on how good or bad the person is and it is a spectrum not binary:
A) Person is good: their conscience gets transported to another body in the Interstice World (inbetween The lowly world which is this life and the last world which is the eternal world) which is a dimension that the dead occupy which is similar to our world in that it has physics and biology so people wake up in a body like theirs in the past life and they eat, drink and walk, talk etc. time flow is incredibly slow In this world so 7 mins to them maybe a century has passed in our world. They are waiting to be resurrected with everyone back to this world in judgement day.
B)The wicked ones: also their consciousness gets transported to bodies in the Interstice World but in cages and being reprimanded and kept in bad conditions as they have done so to other people in their past life. Time flows incredibly fast so 7 years passed there will be like 1 minute passed in our world. They are also waiting to be resurrected with everyone for judgement day.
C) Neutral people: neither good nor bad. They remain dead as not being conscience until they are resurrected in judgement day with everyone else
D) Judgment day: every human and animal is resurrected after final extinction happens on earth and every living being dies and some period of no living activity has passed maybe million years. When everyone is alive again on this earth but everything changes and physical and cosmic laws have changed and nothing looks the same anymore. People and animals come back and recieve judgement. Blanace is restored. If someone hurt another they get what has been taken from them back and the perpetrator suffers consequences. If someone did something good for another being they get rewarded. There wicked are punished, the good are rewards, the neutral ones are examined further to show if they are good or bad and then rewarded or punished accordingly. Animals are brought back so if some human wronged them (except slaughtering for food or using them for travel, farming) then the animals see their revenge but all animals perish after they were done with getting their grievances but animals are not judged so they are neither rewarded no punished.

I am didnt write all of this for entertainment value but to share why people may think death is not the end. When you die you die that is not a speculative issue but I wanted to clarify why people tend to speculate about continuity after death.

There will never be scientific evidence for the afterlife. It is simply impossible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foresight and Somber
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I believe that there is nothing after death, once we lose consciousness that is it for us. There is no evidence of any afterlife or reincarnations. I believe that life is completely meaningless, it is just a pointless experience that we go through for the sake of it. Death is true peace as we cannot experience anything ever again. It is the end to all suffering and it is what I look forward to.

Reactions: Callie Arcale
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I just died but since I survived it I'm still posting here. I'm also suicidal in the afterlife tho but luckily there's an SS Afterlife to help deal with it.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: justsayin, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Somber and 2 others
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
What if this life is just a temporary experience 🤔

Reactions: Somber
Somber

Somber

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2022
After you die the past doesn't get erased.
You still exist there.
As much as I dislike that fact.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, _Minsk and Snake of Eden
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
As soon as my brain dies, I die and everything ends. That's what I believe (and hope).

Reactions: Death is beautiful and Snake of Eden
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
After you die the past doesn't get erased.
You still exist there.
Do you mean it in the sense that people would remember who you are and what you did? But they die too. What aspect of the past you think will keep on existing? I just want to understand your point

Reactions: Somber and _Minsk
C

Capsicum_Corral

Experienced
Dec 10, 2021
Only your mortal coil is "alive". So yes, after you die you're dead. However, the "you" that's your spirit inhabiting your body may or may not continue on. It's at least plausible, aside from the arguments by atheists and believers, but there's really only one way to know for sure.

Reactions: _Minsk and Foresight
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I believe in the metaphysical insights from the Buddha. I don't think any human has done a better job at investigating the afterlife.

I'm not a Buddhist though, I'm a gnostic follower of Christ. But yea, I don't think we ded when we ded.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk
gr1lledcheese

gr1lledcheese

Student
Dec 18, 2021
I think as you're dying you see what you want to see as far as an afterlife is concerned, and when you're dead your consciousness stops functioning.
I don't know if there's an afterlife, but I don't believe there is one.

Reactions: Death is beautiful and Snake of Eden
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
In the physical sense, yeah, you do. But, everyone who lives touches and affects the lives around them either directly or indirectly. Therefore, your actions and interactions in this life often live on long after you pass and in some small way shape the world after. Therefore, both.

Reactions: _Minsk, Foresight and Snake of Eden
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
I understand it is easy to poke fun of people inability to accept reality of death as the end of life as we know it and the cessation of consciousness but most humans struggle with this concept because our brains are hard wired to desire immortality on basic instinctive level.

Reactions: noname223
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
If there would be no afterlife, life would be complete trash imo, all this pointless suffering for what? Ugh im glad ive become an antinatalist xD

Reactions: Death is beautiful, Foresight and Snake of Eden
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
If there would be no afterlife, life would be complete trash imo, all this pointless suffering for what? Ugh im glad ive become an antinatalist xD
Thats why instinctivly we find it hard to believe this is the end because it does not make any sense. Once people accept that this is it and only it, it leads to most tragic outcomes there is

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Thats why instinctivly we find it hard to believe this is the end because it does not make any sense. Once people accept that this is it and only it, it leads to most tragic outcomes there is
Like I said above, no afterlife does not preclude life as meaningless. It's your actions with the time you have here that make life what it is. Immortality is simply a manifestation of our fear of death. Simple as.

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
Like I said above, no afterlife does not preclude life as meaningless. It's your actions with the time you have here that make life what it is. Immortality is simply a manifestation of our fear of death. Simple as.
I wasnt alluding to subjective meaningfulness of life in absence of an afterlife. I was speaking more of an objective meaningfulness of life and our suffering in it which cant be justified in the absence of a post world future existence that restore balance to achieve total state of equilibrium as we see happens with everything in our reality. equilibrium is a dominant and absolute feature of all existence. We see it in everything. Why shouldnt it apply to something as important as our own suffering which is brought to us by life or someone else's own actions? You see what I am saying?