Votes: 49 38.0%
  • Other

Votes: 22 17.1%

• Total voters
R

RottenApple

Loneliness is not a phase
Dec 7, 2020
Romantic love? It depends on your definition of love. I understand it as giving affection without expecting anything in return, and romantic love is most of the time totally different from that. We as human like to believe that we are special and kinda supernatural beings, but I don't think that there is anything magical or trascendent behind "romantic love" or sexual attraction.

Pupu

Pupu

Jan 28, 2020
She left him. He claims he drove her away. They were together for five years and she left yet he still writes five years later with a trunk of memories and momentos left behind from their time together. The pin to enter his house is the time they met. Made an entire room dedicates to her memory. Her favorite color. Favorite place and the bed they uses to share.
It seems like it exists.
[
]
This doesn't sound like a love but mental health problem.

@drwt said it well. In my opinion there are lots of people who tell how they have big hearth to love someone but no one refuses from it. I guess we disagree what love is, or atleast people have just thrown that word to my face without meaning. Oh you feel funny downstair when near me? That is not love. Oh you like my smile? That is not love either. You like to spend time with me? That is not love. You have the motivation to find solution when we argue and disagree? That is not love but all these together could be it. But there are lots of people who pick one and then pretend like it is love.

I'm troubled with this, I was suicidal before I ever fell in love. I used to think that I don't need someone else but I might have been fooling myself. All I was depressed with was that I'm not doing things I like, I'm supposed to live for myself and I thought people were being silly when they kept talking that they need a partner to lift them off from their misery and mental health problems. I still do think they're silly with that (it is simply wrong to think a partner is responsible of your mental health, and other way around, it is not good idea to fall in love with therapist either. Just try to keep these two parts in your life separated if possible). But I was also depressed of how I look and my personality back then, so it kind of proves that other people's opinion mattered. Not everyone's opinions of me, but the possible partner out there. I just didn't realise I was fooling myself when thinking I'm somewhat independent.

And then that day came and I fell in love and hard. It triggered small personal crisis with myself noticing totally new sides of my personality too. I always hated those giggling women front of men, I thought they just lowed themselves because that is what some men like. And what did I do? I smiled like a moron front of that person, I barely could look in their eyes. I was shy I swear that is not what I'm used to. But I couldn't stop it, and I scared what if that is what that person likes in me and it will fade away in time after we get to know each other. I felt a lot bad feelings but it didn't matter because it was sake of love. I was unsure of myself, I was worried, scared, but it didn't matter.

I made things I was thinking I make them because of my unconditional love, but when I didn't get much back but "words" I started to trouble. In time I had to learn that it actually was just a word for they. Before it didn't bug me that much if people waste words to me because I didn't love back either, but this time my heart got broken. I can't find happiness or gratitude for the fact I felt that emotion first time, I rather were clueless. I know I'm deadly romantic and my ideation of love is unrealistic. So I admit, that facing that fact is one of the reasons I'm here too.

Maybe there is love, and people can love each other but so easily the "love" they have is something so little, that I would never call it as a love. It seems that it is something disposable to them, or totally different feeling. Like I can say I love chocolate, but if I say I love someone, it has totally different meaning and weight. But people seem to use it the same way as I do if I say I love chocolate (I don't even say this, I just noticed. Maybe that word is sacred to me and it is one proof more that I have serious mental problems with love.....)

• Love
Reactions: Brink
YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
No. If you don't have any power, you don't get loved, at least sexually and romantically speaking. I talk about wealth power, or physical attraction power, or seduction power. That's why I dreamed to be a sugar mommy in the future and pay someone to be my partner (Of any gender).

• Love
Reactions: Pupu
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I'm sure love exists. It's just hard to find and most of the times falling in love is a blessing and a curse at the same time.

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, drwt, Jumper Geo and 1 other person
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Yes I do. Will always dream of my Prince Charming till the day I go. Even if that doesn't happen....

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo and sadworld
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Yes I do. Will always dream of my Prince Charming till the day I go. Even if that doesn't happen....
I'm a man of few words.

Bunny Love   Copy   Copy

Cheers

Geo

• Hugs
Reactions: Sherri and sadworld
H

Heaven

Dec 9, 2020
A lot of people are saying things like, "Love exists but only for other people". If you had asked me a few months ago, I would have agreed entirely. I mean seriously, how in the world can I, a horrible person struggling with multiple mental illnesses, find love?! And yet, somehow I did. So yes, I believe that love exists for everyone. People who claim that love doesn't exist for them simply haven't met the right person yet.

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I do believe in it but I'm not destined to experience it.

Reactions: Skathon
D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
Hell no, trade love for a bag of chips every time.

Reactions: Mentalmick