motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
It can get a bit overwhelming.

Reactions: Shadowrider, Brink, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 4 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
No.

Reactions: ShutUpEli, Fragile, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 5 others
H

HopelessFight

Warlock
Jan 31, 2021
Yes, even though I can't manage myself to really take one. This forum is helpful, but can also be really toxic at some times. Look at the recent drama's for example.

Reactions: LeGuitarist, Brink, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 3 others
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
Yes definitely- especially in recovery. I love this place but I just pop my head in now and again atm, trying not to get too deep into things.
I think it's just part of trying to skate along the surface instead of stopping for a moment and allowing my head to dip under the water

Reactions: Fizz, LeGuitarist, Shadowrider and 1 other person
shy

shy

Student
Aug 23, 2020
I don't think I could take a break even if I wanted to. It's an addiction at this point.

Reactions: noname223
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
Nope I like that people are honest here

Reactions: ShutUpEli, Red, demuic and 6 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
I didn't expect I'd start getting attached to people. Sunsetinthewoods 's goodbye post made me so sad, even though we didn't really interact - he just liked the songs I shared & I read about a dozen of his comments. I guess it didn't help that when he said goodbye he mentioned his name was Anton, which was my late ex's name

• Hugs
Reactions: sage79, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Sprite_Geist
I

IWantToSleep

Experienced
Dec 27, 2020
I don't really post much because I've lost interest in going deep into why I feel suicidal and I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to the methods so I'm not very helpful either, so I don't really know what to post.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: motel rooms and GenesAndEnvironment
hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
Not really. I just need a break from my life. A permanent one.

Reactions: yive, motel rooms, demuic and 2 others
Carrotcake

Carrotcake

Experienced
Nov 27, 2019
I visit the forum when it feels helpful to me, when I need a space with likeminded others.

I just don't visit if it doesn't feel like it's helpful.

Reactions: sage79, noname223, RedHarlequin and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Yes, the subject matter alone can be pretty exhausting, and then you have people who pick fights. I haven't taken a break in a while though and use the site like Reddit - scrolling all day.

Reactions: Fragile, RedHarlequin and GenesAndEnvironment
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Have been here about a year and I did take a break for a good while because things were looking better though they were still rough and ctb was always in the back of my mind, but far back. So, its not necessarily a break, per se, more of I don't feel I am in a state of mind where serious contemplation of the act is forefront in my mind. But when it is or when I am trying to help tame those thoughts I truly love being able to come here and read like minded individuals comments, stories and whatnot. Its comforting.

That said, getting close to people here can be rather painful if you're an emotional person. A lot of people I knew or saw here are gone one way or the other and yeah, it really sucks to see some go, but, we all know this is not a permanent hang out. Simply a safe haven at the fork of a very important road.

Reactions: Shadowrider and motel rooms
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
and then you have people who pick fights.
I was just attacked by an English lad bragging about his numerous macho suicide attempts & deep knowledge of Hinduism/reincarnation :pfff:

• Yay!
  • Aww..
Reactions: sage79, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, GenesAndEnvironment and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
I was just attacked by an English lad bragging about his numerous macho suicide attempts & deep knowledge of Hinduism/reincarnation :pfff:
That is....so random. I guess you find all types here, LOL

• Yay!
Reactions: avoid_slow_death and motel rooms
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Yeah, sometimes the people here remind me what I don't like about the human race and why I want to die.

Reactions: avoid_slow_death and Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Have been here about a year and I did take a break for a good while because things were looking better though they were still rough and ctb was always in the back of my mind, but far back. So, its not necessarily a break, per se, more of I don't feel I am in a state of mind where serious contemplation of the act is forefront in my mind. But when it is or when I am trying to help tame those thoughts I truly love being able to come here and read like minded individuals comments, stories and whatnot. Its comforting.

That said, getting close to people here can be rather painful if you're an emotional person. A lot of people I knew or saw here are gone one way or the other and yeah, it really sucks to see some go, but, we all know this is not a permanent hang out. Simply a safe haven at the fork of a very important road.
Sorry that reprieve didn't last. I was the same way. Gotta learn to stop getting my hopes up.

• Hugs
Reactions: avoid_slow_death
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
For me it is a mental refuge. Talk to people who don't judge you for being suicidal.

Reactions: sage79, Fragile, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 3 others
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Sorry that reprieve didn't last. I was the same way. Gotta learn to stop getting my hopes up.
Yeah, my life is incredibly complicated as always. Hell, if I decided to live, could probably write a great book about all I have been through especially in the past 5 years. Likely would get made into a film, but, money and success won't help me at all with my real problem so that's not a reason to go on.

Reactions: Celerity
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
About 1 month ago, I had decided that I would take a break from ss to see if something changed in my life for the better. I ended up coming back four days later lol.

SS helps me a lot and I've made some great friends here so, no need for breaks for me.

Sure, sometimes, just like in any other community, there might be drama or toxic people but I just ignore them.

For instance, a hater posted on my profile some days ago and I basically told him to have a nice day haha. This is not reddit or something like that. No need to hate each other. :)

Anyway, love u all.

See u around and hugs,

Matt

Reactions: noname223, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Celerity and 2 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Yes. Over the past 2-3 months my mood has started to change slightly while being here.

I first joined after lurking for a while and seeing some of the users here. It seemed like a unique community; there are not many others (if any at all) like here. Posting was great, because I connected with other users that had similar views, and the overall atmosphere was refreshing. Given that one of my reasons for wanting to die is severe isolation, it felt amazing (and suprising) that there were others who (maybe) took a liking to me - given how much of a strange and undesirable person I am to be around. Over time, though, most of those who I talked to regulary are no longer here; they have either left for various reasons, but most - presumably - are dead. The community, to me at least, feels more hollow now. Not just this but I have been here for quite a while now, and I have started to lose the energy to communicate - I wish this was not the case.

So yes sometimes I do need a break to help fight off the void inside my chest.

• Hugs
Reactions: motel rooms and LONE WOLF.
Moose.000

Moose.000

"Everything is meaningless" ~King Solomon
Apr 10, 2021
No, not really. This forum is my break.

watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
Yeah it can be a bit toxic at times. Its the nature of social media and there are creeps everywhere. The best break is to be alone.

Reactions: faex42 and yive
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
@hotelbeneathground Hi, As a Englishman myself l can only apologise for my one of my fellow brethren's behaviour, he clearly was one who wore his foreskin around his ears, However I can assure you that some of us English chaps do have manners and know how to conduct ourselves with dignity! Wishing you a great day,and my dog Max sends a friendly woof :-)

Reactions: motel rooms
blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
I only take a break and play the game in the outside world just so I'm certain about CTB.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
@hotelbeneathground Hi, As a Englishman myself l can only apologise for my one of my fellow brethren's behaviour
He's just a tortured soul like all of us on here, I can't be mad at him...

Shadowrider

Shadowrider

Student
Jan 26, 2021
Sometimes I do, and this is because reading others' reports on CTB can be triggering. When they start a thread about having taken their chosen thing and post about their experiences... and they do gradually more and more typo's and their posts get shorter and shorter... and there are no more posts... it feels terrible. I am suicidal but I do loathe knowing others are/were even more hopeless than me :(
This is why I disappear sometimes. Not that I dislike this community.

Reactions: FuneralCry
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
There's the possibility of experiencing vicarious trauma from what you read on this site. Something to watch out for.

Reactions: Shadowrider
suffocatingseraphim

suffocatingseraphim

⸙𖦹killing the self as to protect it from harm𖦹⸙
Feb 6, 2020
Sometimes I take small breaks to process, think things over. There are a lot of people on here who I admire, and others who uplift me to see.

I want to do my best to meet more people and do my best to be someone who can make others feel loved or safe here.

Granted any online spaces are good to take breaks from, but I don't see myself distancing from SS anytime soon.

Reactions: Shadowrider and Manaaja
Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
I've been distancing myself from this place for awhile, honestly. It's still a nice place, but I've just been too busy to use it a lot lately.

Reactions: Shadowrider, Manaaja and suffocatingseraphim