WatchMeRot

WatchMeRot

Student
Dec 4, 2023
If so, when did you start and why?

I started a few months ago because I found out it calms me down (nothing else works lol) :)

Reactions: GlutenFreeCat and edu0z
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
A lot, I started a little over a year ago with a girl I met. Since then I have tried to quit but the more I try the comebacks are stronger. There are days when I smoke two boxes or more, on nights where I can't sleep I always have one lit on my lips.

• Love
Reactions: Spike Spiegel
兎の耳

兎の耳

The ghost of a girl who never lived.
Aug 3, 2023
Of course not. Those things will kill you. :P

In all seriousness I've considered it, but I am also currently unemployed so it would be an expense I couldn't afford right now.

Reactions: Skathon
Spike Spiegel

Spike Spiegel

Sep 26, 2022
Yes,
At first just because it was fun. My roommate in college smoked so I began to smoke. It was not until later I discovered how much it helped with my anxiety. During panic attacks it was able to calm me down in minutes, compared to most meds that took several minutes or longer to take any effect. I've used weed for many reasons. Some better reasons then others. I've smoked to appreciate music more, to forget a bad day, to enhance a given feeling. Iv also used it to maintain my weight when anxiety and depression left me with no appetite or desire to eat.

If you're smoking becomes regular, I highly recommend reading up on THC and just how it can effect you. For example most studies show that smoking weed three hours or less before bed can negatively impact the amount of REM sleep you get.

I've smoked for a while, am somewhat knowledgeable about the culture, ways to smoke, effects. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Reactions: ctvunny
TheShadowKing

TheShadowKing

≽^- ˕ -^≼
Dec 5, 2023
I started smoking both weed and nicotine 5 years ago when I was 17. I smoke both of them to calm myself down and the weed also be helping me go to sleep at night. I'm trying to quit nicotine right now though currently I'm 19 Days free :)

• Love
Boller Bryant

Boller Bryant

Failed at being someone and something.
Nov 15, 2023
I would but not right now. Both my parents and my neighborhood is condemn smoking likes it's a mortal grave sin. But if I do smoke, I really want to smoke Marlboro cigarettes. Why? I just think they're iconic brand (from sponsoring F1 to giving curbs their white and red colors).

Reactions: GlutenFreeCat
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I started smoking in school when I was 16. I smoked for 7-8 years then gradually reduced it. Non-Smoker now but I never say no if it's an occasion.

Reactions: cryone and ctvunny
GlutenFreeCat

GlutenFreeCat

You're gonna carry that weight.
Dec 6, 2023
I started smoking at 15, I'm 27 now, and have been doing it off and on since. I thought it looked cool and absolutely loved the nic high. I was smoking close to 3 packs a day at 18 and that lasted close to 2 years. Switched to chewing tobacco and then eventually started vaping. Don't think I'll ever be able to give up nicotine lol
I would but not right now. Both my parents and my neighborhood is condemn smoking likes it's a mortal grave sin. But if I do smoke, I really want to smoke Marlboro cigarettes. Why? I just think they're iconic brand (from sponsoring F1 to giving curbs their white and red colors).
Marlboro Blend No. 27 were always my go to and still are if I ever find myself an excuse to buy a pack.

C

ctvunny

dead
Jun 18, 2023
The first time I did it out of curiosity back when I was in junior high then for bonding with my peers. It eventually became a stress reliever for me, though I havent smoke a cigarette for a few months now cause I switched to vape but my juice ran out and so Ive been clean for a while now. I guess Im just an occasional smoker now...it also strain my budget so I have to.

Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
5 or 10 mg edibles are my jam. Nice to chill out sometimes.

Reactions: Spike Spiegel
TakesOneToKnowOne

TakesOneToKnowOne

Nov 23, 2022
Cigarettes? Yes. Started around 13, because it was "cool" and rebellious. Did not smoke that much and regularly until 20, but after that regularly around a pack a day.

Nyotei

Nyotei

here nor there
Dec 7, 2023
Daily.

I switched to vaping in 2020 and it was a lot more flavourful, but I never smoked for the flavour but the feeling and aesthetic. I switched back last year. Nothing beats a cigarette...

Part of me feels ashamed for it because my abuser was a heavy smoker, and it makes me feel like I became more like them, despite what I've done to be free of their influence.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cloud Busting
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
started aged 12 i started off smoking 10 a day now at 37 i smoke 30 a day, i also smoke weed often everyday when ive got the money too
i smoke 8grams a day of weed cost me 40£ a day, i get my rolling tobacco on the cheap and only pay 17.50£ per 50 gram amber leaf one 50 gram amber leaf last me 4 days i usually 7 pouches to last a month

if i was to smoke weed everyday i would need 1200£ per month
7 pouches of rolling tobacco cost 122.5£

Last edited:
A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
I started when I was 19. A new uni friend handed me a cigarette. Then I started smoking weed with it and got hooked. Been smoking on and off since then 23 years. It doesn't do much. Gives my adhd brain something to do I guess. Wish I had weed that fucking did something.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Never liked it but tried a few times. It gave me nausea and it felt disgusting.

I did drink alcohol when I was more outgoing and smoked shisha tho.

tunnelV

tunnelV

Misanthrope is my religion
Oct 19, 2023
I smoked for a while, then vaped..now I'm addicted to 2mg nicotine gum.

lifteddream

lifteddream

Jun 6, 2023
i smoke weed everyday, for 7 years now.
though the euphoria associated is a distant memory, its the only thing that can provide solace sometimes.
my clothes stink though since im a shut in and smoke in my room :((((

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
No. Was never with the 'cool' kids to get started and it's never massively appealed. Don't really drink much either. Although, I'm not tea total. I'm unhealthy in other ways though. My diet is awful.

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
No but the aesthetics of smoking in various films did get to me a bit to the point where I am somewhat fascinated by prop cigarettes and cigarettes that contain stuff like lavender rather than tobacco (and I really think the old Joe Camel art work is cool along with other old adverts for cigarette brands like Newports)

and I thought about carrying around cigarettes for the event of someone asking if I have one and then starting a converstation with me or small talk but that is the reason why I carry around a lighter and would like to collect novelty lighters

I think I will just stick with Lucky Lights and other cigarettes of the sweet chalky variety though

Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
I had an edible for the first time this summer and it was honestly the first time in forever that I felt so relaxed and good.

I think I laughed literally for 15 minutes straight trying to figure out if I was actually high or not.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023

I started a few months ago because I found out it calms me down (nothing else works lol) :)
I've been a chipper for a long time; I'd have a cigarette once or twice a year. I guess I have good self control(?)

Lately I've given myself permission to smoke a bit more regularly because I'm gonna die so fuck it.

I also did heroin for the first time the other day for similar reasons: fuck it I'm gonna die soon.

IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023

Just vape. I only need nicotine, I don't drink or smoke w33d anymore. All I need is nicotine and Pepsi Max and I'm good.

brokenpromise

brokenpromise

Chemist
Jan 3, 2024
I'm smoking right now doom scrolling SS 🤷‍♂️

Been smoking the better part of 20 years started at a whiskey tasting when cigars where a nice pair then quickly found out I was too poor at the time for both good whiskey and good cigars lol

One thing led to the other and it's cheap smokes and okish whiskey

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
It's on and off with me.
I prefer heated tobacco nowadays

trashhologram

trashhologram

⚰ Baby, let me decompose ⚰
Dec 15, 2023
I smoke tobacco, weed fucks with my head too much since I experienced something very traumatic while I was high a long time ago. I started smoking daily almost 13 years ago. I was still a kid and started because all the cool kids smoked and I wanted to be cool too 😄 Now I smoke because I'm addicted to nicotine and it calms me down.