orphic

orphic

Turbulence
Oct 22, 2023
I feel like most people here dont have the same interests as me so i want to see if that is true starting off with book and manga/anime lol

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
Zatanna

Zatanna

I cried for six days and seven nights.
Jan 7, 2024
Bokurano/Pluto and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, and yours?

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and orphic
TheShadowKing

TheShadowKing

≽^- ˕ -^≼
Dec 5, 2023
My current top 5 of mangas still running would be One piece, One Punch Man, Kingdom, jujutsu kaisen, and Sakamoto days

• Love
Reactions: Hardcore_Henry, Adûnâi and orphic
Blackpepperpancake

Blackpepperpancake

Help me to breathe
Nov 22, 2023
Please read Emanon
Emanon -A girl who possessed a three-billion-year-old memory, she has been reborn from mother (her formal self) countless time, questioning her life purpose while traveling around the world. It's weird but yeah I love it

Download

Reactions: orphic
darkizz

darkizz

Aug 23, 2023
For books id say Vamps is really good and I am Nr4. For manga you should try out Magico its amazing

Reactions: orphic
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
haven't read most of not all of these recommendations in years (I read most of these in my transition from elementary to middle school)

years as in when you could probably access TOKYOPOP via your browser on flip phone or when they still had a magazine (2006/2007 or early 2010s)

I don't think that Genkaku Picasso is a part of TOKYOPOP but TOKYOPOP had some great manga back then so I guess I will try to list those too

Genkaku Picasso

Choco & Mimi (had a live action show)

Princess Knight (had an anime)

Bizenghast (the web series for this one is still up)

MuZz

Le Chevalier D'Eon (I wasn't allowed to/I wasn't supposed to be reading this one at the time but it is a historical drama I guess)

Parasyte

Samurai Champloo (still shocked to this day that there was a manga! I only got to read probably 1 our of 2 of them)

and a few manga samplers from TOKYOPOP (I don't think manga publishers make these anymore I don't know but basically it would be a manga with snippets of various new manga coming out that month or snippets of new issues of popular manga)

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and orphic
orphic

orphic

Turbulence
Oct 22, 2023
Please read Emanon
Emanon -A girl who possessed a three-billion-year-old memory, she has been reborn from mother (her formal self) countless time, questioning her life purpose while traveling around the world. It's weird but yeah I love it

View attachment 126362
i have never heard of this one before! the concept of being reborn is fascinating, reminds me of a chinese novel i read called revered insanity. I will read this one thank u so much :)

orphic

orphic

Turbulence
Oct 22, 2023
Bokurano/Pluto and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, and yours?
i have plenty but my favorites of all time are raven by poe and probably angel of repose by stegner and many more
My current top 5 of mangas still running would be One piece, One Punch Man, Kingdom, jujutsu kaisen, and Sakamoto days
OMG THE SAME TASTE AS ME! i just caught up with sakamoto days literally an hour ago, an absolute tough shounen imo.
I also LOVE One piece, its so thrilling, funny and mysterious.
As well as JJK, one of my fav new gen manga
haven't read most of not all of these recommendations in years (I read most of these in my transition from elementary to middle school)

years as in when you could probably access TOKYOPOP via your browser on flip phone or when they still had a magazine (2006/2007 or early 2010s)

I don't think that Genkaku Picasso is a part of TOKYOPOP but TOKYOPOP had some great manga back then so I guess I will try to list those too

Genkaku Picasso

Choco & Mimi (had a live action show)

Princess Knight (had an anime)

Bizenghast (the web series for this one is still up)

MuZz

Le Chevalier D'Eon (I wasn't allowed to/I wasn't supposed to be reading this one at the time but it is a historical drama I guess)

Parasyte

Samurai Champloo (still shocked to this day that there was a manga! I only got to read probably 1 our of 2 of them)

and a few manga samplers from TOKYOPOP (I don't think manga publishers make these anymore I don't know but basically it would be a manga with snippets of various new manga coming out that month or snippets of new issues of popular manga)
i absolutely love Samurai Champloo! the opening is incredible too! i watched it 2 years ago and i cant get over it !! I also read Princess Knight, it was a good read too. Parasyte was very interesting, i liked it also!

You know, everything u stated here is GOOD but i have NO IDEA of the other mangas HAHHA i was so shocked! i will def check them out thank u.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: psp3000
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I almost never read books, but I read HPMOR in August 2023, it was absolutely insane.

I also read a Russian Buddhist writer Pelevin, but he's mostly not translated to English.

How do people read mangas at all? It's so confusing.

Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
i don't read a lot but i got really into the Percy Jackson books way back when (the greek mythology stuff is fascinating to me)

i also have the LOTR books cause i like the movies, but im lazy as hell so i haven't gotten around to reading them yet lol

• Love
Reactions: psp3000 and Adûnâi
orphic

orphic

Turbulence
Oct 22, 2023
I almost never read books, but I read HPMOR in August 2023, it was absolutely insane.

I also read a Russian Buddhist writer Pelevin, but he's mostly not translated to English.

How do people read mangas at all? It's so confusing.
hehe i understand because i hated reading mangas for that exact reason but after getting spoiled a lot i had no choice but to save myself by reading the mangas and i ended up understanding and loving them

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
SecretDissociation

SecretDissociation

Suicide enthusiast
Sep 11, 2022
My recent muse has been reading the current Light Novels of "The Apothecary Diaries". It's so slow burn but I love the writing style and the story.
The manga is good too and the anime adaptation has a beautiful OP.