Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
The gas station clerk tried and then soon apologized. He did say one funny thing though and I laughed but I could tell overall he was uncomfortable with my seriousness. I can't relate to people like that who think life is absurd in a funny way. I think life is absurd like a horror movie

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
If a person has good intentions and doesn't say anything taht is insulting to me or to someone else I will reward this by playing along some- good intentions matter a lot to me.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and Manaaja
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
If a person has good intentions and doesn't say anything taht is insulting to me or to someone else I will reward this by playing along some- good intentions matter a lot to me.
I don't have the energy to join in on the clown show.

Reactions: Hollowman and Manaaja
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
I usually like being the absolute most stoic and indifferent thing in the universe whenever they do that, their reaction is always way funnier than whatever joke they were making lol

• Yay!
Reactions: RubyGloom, Manaaja and Weebster
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
I usually like being the absolute most stoic and indifferent thing in the universe whenever they do that, their reaction is always way funnier than whatever joke they were making lol
Me2. I also like to look into their eyes without blinking and inch imperceptibly closer

Last edited:
Reactions: Manaaja and Bootleg Astolfo
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I don't have the energy to join in on the clown show.
Being nice to people who are nice to you is not a clown show- it's how you make friends. If a person is being kind to you then being kind to them is how you connect- good intentions towards you are huge, this is something that if reward it you can get people who care about you- if you care about how they feel then in many cases they will care about how you feel. Being nice to others is nit a clown show, it's caring.

• Hugs
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Being nice to people who are nice to you is not a clown show- it's how you make friends. If a person is being kind to you then being kind to them is how you connect- good intentions towards you are huge, this is something that if reward it you can get people who care about you- if you care about how they feel then in many cases they will care about how you feel. Being nice to others is nit a clown show, it's caring.
Being obnoxiously funny is a clown show. This thread isn't about being nice. I can be kind to people but it involves mellowness not humor.

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Can't so small talk or fake humour. Bit of a stick in the mud on that tbh. I don't believe in pretending. I do attempt to bw tactful though. Sometimes a cringe is hard to disguise however.

Reactions: Weebster
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Can't so small talk or fake humour. Bit of a stick in the mud on that tbh. I don't believe in pretending. I do attempt to bw tactful though. Sometimes a cringe is hard to disguise however.
I'll sometimes pull a Gen Z and say "cringe" when they act like a jester.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
It's really not amatter of pretending, I'm not saying people should pretend- I'm saying that if you can look at things from the other person's perspective you can find some humor in what they are saying even if it's not your favorite humor.
I'll sometimes pull a Gen Z and say "cringe" when they act like a jester.
If they're trying to have fun with you you're probably not realizing all you could be throwing away by cringing- having this reaction when people are trying to be decent to you keeps you from making friends, with all the benefits of a good friendship being thrown away as a matter of habit.

• Hugs
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
It's really not amatter of pretending, I'm not saying people should pretend- I'm saying that if you can look at things from the other person's perspective you can find some humor in what they are saying even if it's not your favorite humor.
The other person needs to read the room and keep their Seinfeld-like humor to themself or pay with my indifference.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Being obnoxiously funny is a clown show. This thread isn't about being nice. I can be kind to people but it involves mellowness not humor.
Being nice over humor is important- picking and choosing and saying I'll be nice some of th etime to a person but not at other times makes it tough to make friends and to build a larger social network- hich will include girls more as the network gets bigger, and keeting a girl through friends is one of the best ways to get a lasting relationship.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Being nice over humor is important- picking and choosing and saying I'll be nice some of th etime to a person but not at other times makes it tough to make friends and to build a larger social network- hich will include girls more as the network gets bigger, and keeting a girl through friends is one of the best ways to get a lasting relationship.
Adults don't really have friends. They have acquaintances that disappear if the situation changes such as when changing jobs or changing churches, etc

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
The other person needs to read the room and keep their Seinfeld-like humor to themself or pay with my indifference.
You're the one who's losing out on friendship by being so picky about other people- Seinfeld is possiby the most popular sitcom of all time- I like a lot of the humor here but not all of it- when it's at other people's expense I don't like it, but a lot of the humor is just silly and not at other people's expense- that's good humor.
Adults don't really have friends. They have acquaintances that disappear if the situation changes such as when changing jobs or changing churches, etc
If you connect more with people you can have lasting friendships as an adult, but to get these lasting connections you need to stop being so critical of others who are trying to be nice to you. You're driving people away by being so critical of them and then this leads to loneliness. If a person has good intentions towards you that's the thing that matters, if you want real friends you should judge others less harshly.
But of course if you treat someone like this you are throwing away a possible friendship by being mean to mean to them when they were making an effort to be kind to you- that's a formula for not having real friendships as an adult.

Last edited:
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
You're the one who's losing out on friendship by being so picky about other people- Seinfeld is possiby the most popular sitcom of all time- I like a lot of the humor here but not all of it- when it's at other people's expense I don't like it, but a lot of the humor is just silly and not at other people's expense- that's good humor.

If you connect more with people you can have lasting friendships as an adult, but to get these lasting connections you need to stop being so critical of others who are trying to be nice to you. You're driving people away by being so critical of them and then this leads to loneliness. If a person has good intentions towards you that's the thing that matters, if you want real friends you should judge others less harshly.

But of course if you treat someone like this you are throwing away a possible friendship by being mean to mean to them when they were making an effort to be kind to you- that's a formula for not having real friendships as an adult.
Even if I played along, these employees at venues wouldn't become friends. They'd become another acquaintance at best.

/thread

Last edited:
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Practically every day I'm not in the mood for jokes or good mood, I simply do the minimum to get through the day, but I make a point of reminding myself that it's not other people's fault. So I always try to be kind no matter how I feel.

Also, we must remember that we're not the only ones on the face of the earth with problems and a kind word can make the day worthwhile for someone, or on the contrary, if we're rude it can be the last straw for them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Message In A Bottle and Someone123
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Even if I played along, these employees at venues wouldn't become friends. They'd become another acquaintance at best.

/thread
If you 'play along" you're probably right, but if you are sincerely interested in them and kind to them it will result in real friendships much of the time- the behaviors may look the same , but the attitude is different. If you go around caring about other people some of them will care back, and for the ones who don't you're still making the world a better place.

Last edited:
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
if we're rude it can be the last straw for them.

I always apologize.

sorry hugh laurie GIF

J/k, ofc, it doesn't cost me anything to throw someone polite who doesn't have a funny bone in their body a bone. Or tip them with a boner. :))