CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
The act of writing a note is viewed to be "standard procedure" in the act of committing suicide. However, only a minority of those who commit suicide actually leave a note behind. Do you personally plan on leaving one? Why or why not? I've been thinking about this a bit more recently and I think I'm in the note camp if it ever comes to it. I don't want to leave my family guessing as to why I did what I did and I think that it will ultimately help them come to terms with my decision and accept it for what it is. That's my thinking anyways. What about you?

Reactions: hellno, Larysa, Praestat_Mori and 5 others
Gloomislost

Gloomislost

Pet the bunnies for me · 18
Jul 27, 2023
I do, I plan on leaving multiple. I want one for my family, brother, and two of my friends. I might leave one for online (like a goodbye message and stuff) I just want them to understand where I'm coming from. Apart of me also wants to say "fuck you and this fucking world, I don't have to explain shit."

Reactions: Larysa and ghostkid
wtg

wtg

Apr 2, 2023
The act of writing a note is viewed to be "standard procedure" in the act of committing suicide. However, only a minority of those who commit suicide actually leave a note behind. Do you personally plan on leaving one? Why or why not? I've been thinking about this a bit more recently and I think I'm in the note camp if it ever comes to it. I don't want to leave my family guessing as to why I did what I did and I think that it will ultimately help them come to terms with my decision and accept it for what it is. That's my thinking anyways. What about you?
I Probably just gonna say goodbye to my online friends

Reactions: Kerrtu
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
I do, I plan on leaving multiple. I want one for my family, brother, and two of my friends. I might leave one for online (like a goodbye message and stuff) I just want them to understand where I'm coming from. Apart of me also wants to say "fuck you and this fucking world, I don't have to explain shit."
I can understand the sentiment of frustration and anger; I struggle with it as well sometimes. Ultimately though, I don't think I want my final words on this planet to be ones of rage and anger; I've had enough of that for several lifetimes at this point.

• Hugs
Reactions: Larysa, peace_van and Gloomislost
d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

i am so lainpilled :3 (? days left)
Apr 15, 2023
I've written many CTB notes over the years and find that they're pretty good for self-reflection, whether that's expressed through anger or through sadness or maybe even happiness. I think they'd also help provide closure to the few ppl that actually value my existence (I think)

Reactions: Larysa
M

manuel1056x

Sep 9, 2023
There are some people in my life who really don't know how I really feel. If I killed myself then they would probably feel very very guilty (That's the only reason I'm still alive). I would then write that it is my fault and that you shouldn't blame yourself. I would keep it as short as possible. .

Reactions: 0jv, pinemarten and ghostkid
D

Duality

Harmony in Duality
May 27, 2023
I don't plan on writing a note, but I do have a will. I guess that is kind of a note, but in my opinion a will is way more helpful than a note. Until a close family member died, I did not appreciate how much there is to do after death, and how much complicated this is without a will. Seriously, if you have kids and a complicated family dynamic, at least write a will!

I also feel like I don't need to explain myself to anyone why I decided to leave this world, and frankly no one is owed an explanation. People will have their own assumptions as to what my life entailed to lead me to this decision anyway, no matter what I write.

Reactions: 0jv and Larysa
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I would if I had a plan to reliably leave on my own terms, I would just explain how I hated existing and only ever wished for peace from all the suffering.

Reactions: I wish I were a cat
H

hindsight_free

Sep 9, 2023
As crazy as it might sound, notes are good for closure. I mean closure in the sense that there was no foul play by a partner, roommate or such... Death, in general, is a painful ordeal for those left behind, no matter how it occurred.

Reactions: Larysa
turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead

currently starving
Sep 9, 2023
i would only write 1 4 my gf n a sweet friend of mine they both tried their best giving me pleasant memories n i need them to know that it will never be their fault i ended my life

• Hugs
Reactions: 0jv and Larysa
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
My will be short and simple. It will just say "It's not your fault. Don't blame youselves. There's nothing you could have done."

Reactions: Sageiois, compositionheart, peace_van and 1 other person
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
My will be short and simple. It will just say "It's not your fault. Don't blame youselves. There's nothing you could have done."
Seems like a nice note. Short but at least somewhat reassuring to those who see it. It's impossible to completely negate the damage caused but we can try to mitigate it as much as possible.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
Takamagahara

Takamagahara

Seeker Of Heaven
Aug 8, 2023
I have several but I'm debating on whether or not there's any point in leaving them.

strawb12

strawb12

Student
Mar 26, 2023
I made a post about this pretty recently, realistically I'm probably not leaving a note. However if I did it wouldn't be the usual "I couldn't take it any longer I'm so sorry to my family" it would be some sorta joke that people in my life probably wouldn't find very funny but I definitely would.

snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
Yes, I have one to people in general because of a personal responsibility to tie up loose ends after I die. My ex is worried that people will blame him for my death, so I have written a draft indicating that it wasn't because of him. I also want my ex to live a good life, so I've wished him well. And I want to let everyone know who gets to keep my stuff. A part of me is worried that my parents will say that I was selfish and greedy, so I want to make it clear in paper that they contributed a lot to my deteriorating mental state.

P

PracheenKaal_00!

Student
Aug 22, 2023
If possible I will try to write a detailed suicide note. Otherwise will have to do with a short note.
I will try to answer as much possible questions they (the ones I still care about) would have.
Importantly, I would mention that it is none of their fault and that the decision was based on my choice alone.

Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
no, i don't care

0Lukz

0Lukz

gg's go next
Sep 9, 2023
im in the process rn of writing out a few letters to people. i do want to say goodbye to those I appreciate.

girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
im just saying goodbye to my best friend and taping a note on me for medical when they collect my body (my id, a blah reason and a plea to make my death look nicer than it is).

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I honestly don't know what I would want to say though.

I want to not write one so I can just peace out and yolo without giving a f. That would be my last rebellion against the world. However, I also want to write one because I want people to understand my reasoning and motivation for ctb.

Reactions: Flavia_Strigoi
SSamGarrison

SSamGarrison

Chickens.
Sep 9, 2023
Yes, absolutely. I guess I just want the closure and whatnot. I want my family to understand why I did it and leave the least amount of unanswered questions. I am hoping my words will comfort them, I can't guarantee it will, of course, but I'm gonna do my best.

• Hugs
Reactions: ChronicallyCynical
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
Yes, absolutely. I guess I just want the closure and whatnot. I want my family to understand why I did it and leave the least amount of unanswered questions. I am hoping my words will comfort them, I can't guarantee it will, of course, but I'm gonna do my best.
This is pretty much the same reason why I would choose to do it. Better to clear up any questions and at least try to leave me loved ones with some peace of mind, whatever that would be. It's better than it being ambiguous.

Reactions: SSamGarrison
whisperjump

whisperjump

i am the thing i've tried to kill over 8 times now
Sep 9, 2023
just to give them something to go off of, and maybe leave an impression if i say something good. something like, be kind to all lmfao idk. i feel like i have too much to say regardless. there's a lot of people i would want to write to that would never see it or aren't alive to.

rosa.rosa

rosa.rosa

Sep 10, 2023
Part of me wants to, and another part does not. I want to give my family closure, but we rarely discuss mental health, let alone suicide. Suicide and mental health in general are sort of an unspoken taboo, being Catholic and all that; suicide's a sin, yada yada. I feel like it would be a pointless to leave a note and expect them to understand, but I still want to write one for my sister and cousins.

• Hugs
Reactions: ChronicallyCynical
peace_van

peace_van

My time stops now.
Sep 9, 2023
I would be using an ancient poem to indicate my situation and how I hope I haven't made the wrong choice to turn my life into this dead end. I don't like it to be too clear; those who understand me will get my point from the poem

Last edited:
Arihman

Arihman

Efilist, atheist, pro-right to die.
Jun 8, 2023
Probably yes, and a very long one, where I would explain my reasons for ctb as in-depth as possible, and maybe my views about antinatalism as well.

Though it probably won't change much for those who know me.

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
I would be using an ancient poem to indicate my situation and how I hope I haven't made the wrong choice to turn my life into this dead end. I don't like it to be too clear; ones who understand me will get my point from the poem
Interesting prospect. I've also considered incorporating a poem into my letter if I do write one. If you don't mind me asking, what poem do you speak of using?

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
yes, i have one note, i wanted to make little gifts for everyone i love but i don't think i'd get it done in time lmao
Awww, making gifts is really thoughtful. Even if you don't end up doing it; it's definitely a nice gesture to loved ones left behind. I'm still struggling with thinking of ways to "soften the blow" though it seems to be an impossible task.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kerrtu