• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
Yes. Or, I like to create abstract art. It can be interpreted by others as anything, I can put every messy feeling I have into the creation of that painting and no one has to know. It's a form of therapy for me.

• Love
Reactions: AngelGirl, blanketyblk and Kuolema
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I have nothing against it. Some of my openness to it is probably because it's so often an underdog - Rothko for example is so often laughed off as garbage a 5-year-old could paint by people who have never seen his work in person, so I felt almost obligated to read more about him. Once I understand what an artist is driving at I usually like their work better.

How about you, @Kuolema? Cool new avatar, by the way.

Reactions: Ruffian
Ko9

Ko9

Student
Jun 30, 2019
I do not like it. Art shouldn't be destroyed or anything. I just want to relate to pieces of art and feel it. Abstract art says as much to me as a blank canvas.

Reactions: Ruffian, AngelGirl and Pupuce
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
My son is an artist (has even exhibited in Tate modern). Most of his work is abstract.
Some I like, some is kinda shitty

Reactions: Ruffian
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
I'm sure you can guess from my Avatar the answer is yes. But I don't classify that as necessarily abstract. More "innerwordly" I guess. I'm having trouble even naming a true abstract artist. Who is the dude who just threw paint on those large canvasses? I think that's abstract, and I have to say I love it. Because to me it's the best representation of pure anger I've seen in this lifetime. Probably not what it was about, but if it's abstract, it's fair game for any interpretation. I thought I knew a lot about Art, but not as much I think I do.
I have nothing against it. Some of my openness to it is probably because it's so often an underdog - Rothko for example is so often laughed off as garbage a 5-year-old could paint by people who have never seen his work in person, so I felt almost obligated to read more about him. Once I understand what an artist is driving at I usually like their work better.

How about you, @Kuolema? Cool new avatar, by the way.
At first glance I actually like Rothko as a piece to accentuate my living room, but it wouldn't make me contemplate any higher thought than do I need to dust the top of the frame again?

Last edited:
Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
I have mixed feelings about it. Most of time it makes me want to say "Go home art, you're drunk!", but there are a few artworks that genuinely interest me. I think it is very dependent on the complexity of it. I just can't bring myself to like some abstract artwork that looks like it was done by a kid.

Pilum Muralis

Pilum Muralis

“We'll never be as young as we are tonight.”
Jul 2, 2019
As far as 19-20th century art, I'm more of an impressionist period fan, especially Degas, but I do love Kandinsky's work.
It's not that I dislike abstract art. My mind dislikes the disorder (or chaos) and randomness of most of the works, and honestly, I don't get it. I just look at it, and think how cool the shapes and lines are.
My taste in art is boring because I like my art where there is reality based representation in the world.

LSD_ie

LSD_ie

Jun 17, 2019
I do like abstract. Particularly when it pushes boundaries or creates new waves. However, seeing the same repetitive style of abstract art is boring and annoying to see.