Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
Overdosing is very romanticized and some people think itll just be take pills and go to sleep. Usually it's an awful experience. So I'm just wondering if you know anyone who has actually successfully overdosed, I'm mostly asking about legal drugs since it's much easier to do on illegal ones.

Reactions: Spitfire
B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
My cousin overdosed on Tylenol back when it was possible to do that. He went to the beach, swallowed I-don't-know-how-many pills, laid out in the sun and died. His body wasn't "discovered" until the beach was empty and the sun was going down. He was 33 and had attempted at least once before that.

• Aww..
Reactions: needaplan, Luna77, Spitfire and 2 others
Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Only of Michael Jackson and Heath Ledger.

S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Yes. They overdosed on a pill cocktail , ended up in hospital I think a few days for awhile until they died. I'm unsure of the pill composition.

They were found at a site outside by their family in time to get them hospitalized and if they had been found sooner likely would have made a recovery

I don't know the specific pills used and never would have even thought of asking as it's rude

Octavina

Octavina

Paint the black hole blacker
Jan 9, 2021
My teenage cousin died a couple years back. My only memory of her was when she came to visit me from the USA, back when I was around 10. We played in my garden and she would pick up snails. I never was able to ask my mum what she OD on, mainly because it would be too obvious after my attempts, I doubt she'd tell me after that. It's kind of weird how frozen in time the memories were, all I know it wasn't suicide

Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
My ex's sister successfully ctb via OD. Not sure of the exact drugs but I think she was on antidepressants and antipsychotics. Not combined with anything else; she went to a local nature site and took them there I think but died of exposure as she passed out n died in the cold before anyone could find her

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I spent a little over one and a half decades working in Level I/II Trauma Centers and Emergency Departments and can spit out dozens upon dozens of them. I did not really know them all personally though, just a few of them.

Reactions: Rustysoupcan
Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
I had an old friend that overdosed on heroin. After his friend (my partner) jumped from a bridge and the death of his mother, I think he wanted to leave. Both deaths devastated our social circles.

• Hugs
Reactions: Luna77 and Spitfire
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Anything is possible when alcohol is involved.

ashedout

ashedout

Jan 22, 2021
I've only known people who have overdosed on illegal drugs. I think overdosing on anything you can get over the counter now is very difficult because there might be a lot of different factors on what would work for each individual person based on their body. Sure, at some point there will be a number of pills or a combination good enough to knock any one down, but I imagine it is very very very difficult to do (and they do that on purpose), very painful, and a fairly long process. The lasting damages if you survive likely aren't worth the risk either.

Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
Yeah my mom.overdosed on her psychiatric meds. There was vomit all around her head

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
One of my close friends died from intentional OD + alcohol a few years ago when we were both 18. I don't know what she took, or if it was very painful for her, but her last communications were some tragic (yet still lucid) posts in the middle of the night. They found her dead the next morning, she looked as if she'd merely fallen asleep.

• Love
Reactions: Butterfly65
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
Yes. One by heroin and the other prescription pills

Butterfly65

Butterfly65

One step closer
Oct 28, 2020
The love of my life overdosed on dental 4 years ago and my good friend on his birthday via Nembutal 5 years ago.