Cockney_Rebel

Cockney_Rebel

Everything you want is on the other side of fear.
Jan 7, 2021
Before overdosing, I take photos of the stockpile of pills.

When in hospital following an OD, I take photos of the cannulas, the machines, the name tag on my wrist (documenting the date) and the injection holes all over my arms.

When I've been on rooftops, surrounded by police negotiators and with entire roads cordoned off, I've taken photos of the chaos on the roads.

I even have an album in my photo library, simply titled Suicide which catalogues all of my attempts from the past couple of years.

When I look back over the photos, it excites me.

Below are a few examples:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: lofticries, lastingabyss, RedHarlequin and 4 others
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
Love that first photo

Reactions: LunarPyotr
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Wow that's stunning.
I used to keep the boxes of the pills I had an OD with while thinking something like: "Damn, you should've killed me" but my dad found them and threw them away lol.

Reactions: Cockney_Rebel
Cockney_Rebel

Cockney_Rebel

Jan 7, 2021
Love that first photo
Me too.

I wish I'd got a shot of the other side of the road, which was covered with ambulances and fire engines.

Here was the view of the skyline (as you can see, the sun was going down at this point ... I was up there for quite some time):

IMG 0464
Wow that's stunning.
I used to keep the boxes of the pills I had an OD with while thinking something like: "Damn, you should've killed me" but my dad found them and threw them away lol.
I could probably fill 10 bin bags with the boxes from all of my ODs :wink:.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: lastingabyss, bad_luck, ExhaustedExistence and 1 other person
Bedrock48

Bedrock48

Dreadful damage, dreadful destiny
Feb 1, 2021
Those are some highly emotive and visceral photos indeed.

I've done the same quite a few times, most of which I keep in a locked folder on my phone. I don't know if you feel the same but it's almost comforting to look back on.

Not included (for obvious reasons) is a selfie I took the day after this one, clearly my mind was still in a different universe at the time.

Attachments

• IMG_20210306_063609.jpg
    IMG_20210306_063609.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
Cockney_Rebel

Cockney_Rebel

Jan 7, 2021
Those are some highly emotive and visceral photos indeed.

I've done the same quite a few times, most of which I keep in a locked folder on my phone. I don't know if you feel the same but it's almost comforting to look back on.

Not included (for obvious reasons) is a selfie I took the day after this one, clearly my mind was still in a different universe at the time.
I've also not included many photos, which display my name on the wristbands.

I find it comforting, exciting and it actually makes me feel proud. It's an unquestionable reflection of the emotional pain I suffer with, and my militant attempts to do something (drastic) about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: lastingabyss, Mare Imbrium and Bedrock48
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I still have my discharge paperwork from my last SN attempt. The CDC Poison Control Center has the other half where it goes into specifics about my SN ingestion and the physical changes in my body. I have a clear memory of the moment before I passed out from SN. You couldn't have found a more picture perfect sunset unless it was on your dying day because when you're dying, everything is suddenly beautiful.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: brokenwaves, lastingabyss, Mare Imbrium and 2 others
Bedrock48

Bedrock48

Dreadful damage, dreadful destiny
Feb 1, 2021
It's an unquestionable reflection of the emotional pain I suffer with.

Basically word for word how I feel too, I know I'm probably never going to show anyone (outside of support sites) these photos but it gives me proof to look back on. Especially during those times I feel as though I'm faking things or that I'm thinking I've never felt that bad before.

• Hugs
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
nope, I only tried to kill myself once, somehow survived it with only a broken leg..
Honestly, I didn't really plan this through but I could've been successful since when I crashed I flew with my motorcycle into a tree :|

• Hugs
Reactions: RedHarlequin
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
I've still got my Immediate Discharge Letter from when I died and woke up in hospital.

P

Phoenix

Student
Feb 27, 2021
No because the last thing I'm thinking about when I'm trying to kill myself is taking pictures of the event. Never understood why people do this