suysayd

suysayd

Sep 9, 2021
So basically every time i stay in silence, most of the time at night in bed, there is a buzzing sound in my ears. If i have to describe it , it would be like that static sound you get from those old TVs back in the day. I thought that's what "silence" is. Always annoying but i thought "that's how life is". Until i google this and I heard people can experience complete silence. And that this is a condition that i have. What the hell...

Anybody having the same thing? i bet... but

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime and Skathon
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Yep, it's called tinnitus. I've had it since I was a kid but it usually doesn't bother me much. It's best to just embrace it or you'll go crazy trying to fight it lol. Also I realized mine is a similar pitch to crickets and other bugs outside that sound relaxing so it doesn't make much sense for me to be bothered by this. Just more background noise.

Reactions: Skathon
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes. I used to have complete silence until last year. Then I got tinnitus and I think it was probably caused by wearing headphones constantly for years. Last year it was so bad and it was what pushed me over the edge and I was close to ctb. As of now it has settled down a bit but noise exposure makes it worse. I really hate ambulance sirens. I cannot really listen to music anymore. Some people have it really severe and they cannot function. It is my worst nightmare, it getting worse.
So yes, I really miss silence. I used to like night time but now it is depressing.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I have tinnitus bad. Combination of working in a loud factory for years, shooting guns without ear protection, listening to music too loud, and loud cars and motorcycles.

It sucks, and is ridiculous that they can make the blind see with lasik, but can't do shit for hearing loss.

Last edited:
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It doesn't happen every time I hear silence, but then again I'm almost always listening to something else to drown it out. I don't know if I really have tinnitus because it's not as annoying to me and it often goes away almost as soon as it starts…