tramaj

tramaj

God's punching bag
Jul 8, 2023
I started to have weird dreams from the end of May. Initially, I had them only about once every 2 weeks but now i have one almost every night.
I call them weird dreams because they aren't as scary as nightmares, but they're distressing enough to wake me up. I noticed that there are 3 recurring themes: Getting trapped in random public place (classrooms, supermarkets...), being locked in my house because there's something outside (usually a monster) and being forced to do activities with my old high school classmates.
I want to know if I'm the only or someone else is in my situation too.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: psp3000 and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Seriously- I get variations of all three of those pretty regularly... kind of freaky actually... Like you say- not outright nightmares but certainly anxiety driven.

I often dream I have to get somewhere but I can't find it and I'm running late. I just keep getting lost inside the building and quite often it is my old school- bad enough in itself because I have very unpleasant memories there.

I dream prodominantly about my childhood home and it isn't a monster but it is people trying to get in. I end up running around the place making sure all the doors are locked. That one is horrible and I have it so often. I even looked that one up actually- because I was having it so often... So- apparently, all the people in your dream aren't actually other people- they represent parts of your own character. If you have dreams where you are trying to shut these things out- supposedly, it's because there are elements of yourself you don't want to face. I think the solution is supposedly to lucid dream and make an effort to let them in! I'm not sure though. I've never really been one to believe that dreams have symbolism to them. Like- how would we know to dream about water because it (apparently) represents emotion? Why would our dreams be trying to use some symbolic language to tell us something?

Anyhow- in the final type of dream, I'm usually failing at something exceedingly simple and usually people I know are there to see me mess everything up!

It is weird though that our weird dreams are similar. Like- not exactly the same but, on similar themes. But yeah- the very worst ones really unsettle me- even the next day.

Reactions: tramaj and H.O.Xan
H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
I keep dreaming abt fallin from a skyscraper, getting shot, drowning. Guess I need to wait until hanging presents itself

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I used to have dreams of my old classmates too due to being bullied but those have stopped for now but as of recent I keep having dreams/nightmares about being kidnapped and assaulted or either I have dreams about interactions on SS or weird dreams with various animal and insect symbols such as trilobites, isopods, pill bugs, centipedes, millipedes and spiders or sometimes I have dreams about people I have never met and then I see someone that looks like the person in my dream or someone experiencing the same events my dream persons do