• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Are you trying to recover and have either PTSD or C-PTSD?

• Total voters
CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Nov 2, 2023
I'm wanting to get a better understanding of PTSD likely outcomes as I'm barely functional. You're input is appreciated. Thanks you in advance.

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Good question, I'm honestly not sure.

Reactions: Kit1
WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

if only this was just a simulation
Jun 25, 2022
C-PTSD I think. I have a lot of anger issues related to it. Exercise is suggested, but every time I do it, it's just a short-term fix. I wish there was a permanent solution.

They're like mind parasites, my past enemies live rent free in my head as hallucinatory beings, spewing negativity in my ears. I can sometimes even visualize them in the back of my mind, sneering at me. I want to rip out my brain stem and end it all at times.

Last edited:
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I have C-PTBS but also more severe things (dissociative disorder).

DISDDNOS885
My favourite diagram. didnt find it in English unfortunately.

The title says "Increse of dissociation" (yellow flash)
fuck I m gonna search for it again in English.
Is it understandable a bit for you guys?

Last edited:
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I guess? I have a lot of symptoms and got diagnosed in a psych ward but the doctor would rarely speak to me so it was a PTSD diagnosis (it's probably C-PTSD). I got some medication and that was it. It messed up my sleep schedule a lot and I became dependent on it but it did help. I did quit after a while. I have anger issues and occasional nightmares. Overall I function pretty well but it used to be very bad. I wish I could tell you exactly how I got through it but I think it was a case of me getting used to it, or maybe the medication helped. I'm not totally sure.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and Meteora
iLikeFrogs

iLikeFrogs

In the grippy socks jail
May 5, 2023
possibly yet I haven't been tested yet

M

MBG

Experienced
Jul 14, 2023
Anyone with depression, PTSD or C-PTSD should look into psychedelics, especially Magic Mushrooms (the safest). A few US states have legalized them and many US cities have decriminalized them. Two mild trips separated by two weeks have alleviated symptoms for months!

But research all this online and YouTube. IIRC Johns Hopkins, UCSF and UCB are the major research centers. Ketamine is a legal option.

Go slow, we're talking about your brain….

IIRC Massachusetts is debating this right now.

Also search "decriminalize nature"

Prof Matthew Johnson (Johns Hopkins) "How Dangerous?"

MM vs Depression

Prof Andrew Huberman (Stanford) re MM
https://youtu.be/eIxVfln02Ss

Last edited:
CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nov 2, 2023
PTSD treatment is painful, but there's good success and shorter timelines with new therapies.

CPTSD is painful and time consuming. It's taken a while, but I've gotten rid of most of the concomitant issues. Still working on concomitant General Anxiety Disorder and PTSD.

I'm trying to recover. I've got a discord for PTSD and C-PTSD. DM me if you're interested in joining.
Anyone with depression, PTSD or C-PTSD should look into psychedelics, especially Magic Mushrooms (the safest). A few US states have legalized them and many US cities have decriminalized them. Two mild trips separated by two weeks have alleviated symptoms for months!

But research all this online and YouTube. IIRC Johns Hopkins, UCSF and UCB are the major research centers. Ketamine is a legal option.

Go slow, we're talking about your brain….

IIRC Massachusetts is debating this right now.

Also search "decriminalize nature"

Prof Matthew Johnson (Johns Hopkins) "How Dangerous?"

MM vs Depression

Prof Andrew Huberman (Stanford) re MM
https://youtu.be/eIxVfln02Ss

Microdoses of S-Ketamine (esketamine) works well for concomitant depression. Personal experience at psychiatrists office.

Microdoses of MDMA and psilocybin have been shown to significantly improve outcomes, but all the research I've seen has been with therapy and linked to improved therapy.

A 3rd party is necessary to help break some parts of PTSD. So it's still best to do with a trauma informed therapist or psychologist.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
Maybe, I have a lot of symptoms of PTSD and a history which would make sense to cause it, though I've never tried getting officially diagnosed so that I can at least deny it, but I can hide it pretty well to the average person so maybe I don't, not sure.

• Hugs
CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nov 2, 2023
Maybe, I have a lot of symptoms of PTSD and a history which would make sense to cause it, though I've never tried getting officially diagnosed so that I can at least deny it, but I can hide it pretty well to the average person so maybe I don't, not sure.
People can't tell at all with me. I tend to always smile, laugh, and joke.
Also I didn't know getting beat multiple times a week and verbal and emotional abuse wasn't normal.
I only realized my symptoms were trauma because a TV show.
A diagnosis is where you start.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I have been diagnosed with complex PTSD by two psychiatrists and two clinical psychologists - and am also autistic and have CFS alongside other complications. For good measures, some doctor will try to add to the diagnosis which I just ignore (like GAD, attachment disorder etc). I also have a dissociative disorder and it has been indicated that this is probably DID and I told.the professional that I don't want the diagnosis.

Prognosis - mine feels.like a lost cause. However I think that with the right team and right support, one can learn to live with CPTSD (I did well for so many years until covid).., Trying to find the right support can be challenging.

Good Luck - it really is worth trying to find that support and care and hopefully everything will work out for you.

Reactions: CuriosityAndCat
tryingtoquietdown

tryingtoquietdown

it's too loud in my head
Mar 6, 2024
I'm lucky enough to only have PTSD (lol). It used to be much worse, but as the years have gone on, it's gotten much easier for me to cope and there are months where I have no symptoms at all. But really, PTSD and C-PTSD are different beasts. PTSD can range in severity and be relatively "easy" to treat, whereas C-PTSD completely alters the way your brain works. I genuinely believe it is closer to living with autism or ADHD than it is to the typical PTSD.

If you have C-PTSD, life might be more about coping and surviving than it is about thriving. You may require long-term therapy, but I know many people who continue to live beautiful, happy lives even with C-PTSD. It just takes a lot of hard work and dedication to yourself and your health. I hope you're patient and understanding with yourself. You deserve some love.

• Hugs
CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nov 2, 2023
C-PTSD I think. I have a lot of anger issues related to it. Exercise is suggested, but every time I do it, it's just a short-term fix. I wish there was a permanent solution.

They're like mind parasites, my past enemies live rent free in my head as hallucinatory beings, spewing negativity in my ears. I can sometimes even visualize them in the back of my mind, sneering at me. I want to rip out my brain stem and end it all at times.
I used to feel constant low grade anger. I started meditating and my mood improved. I signed up for a intensive silent meditation retreat. Meditation was 12hrs/day. No communication, entertainment, outward expression like writing, food was mildly flavored, etc. 2nd night I experienced the most intense rage I think possible. It was undirected while thoughts of things I was angry about kept popping into my head. I didn't sleep that night. I haven't felt that low grade anger ever since that night.

Last edited: