• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Are you planning to CTB and do you have either PTSD or C-PTSD?

• Total voters
CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Nov 2, 2023
I'm wanting to get a better understanding of PTSD likely outcomes as I'm barely functional. You're input is appreciated. Thanks you in advance.

Last edited:
E

Erick

Student
Jan 18, 2024
I'm wanting to get a better understanding of PTSD likely outcomes as I'm barely functional. You're input is appreciated. Thanks you in advance.
There's some people that got euthanised because of their severe PTSD. One 23 years old girl got euthanised because the memories of the terrorist attack she witnessed gave her some serious PTSD.
I started suffering from PTSD after I got my disease.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Spades

Spades

he/him
Jul 7, 2023
I have no concrete plan at the moment due to my living situation and being heavily monitored by family. However, I do have C-PTSD.

My therapist recently brought it up to me and that was the first time I ever heard the term C-PTSD. I looked more into it, and yeah, I see it.

It made me feel like an idiot for never noticing it sooner because of how obvious it was, but at least I had some sort of explanation as to why everyday hurts so much.

Though I can't say it brought me any sort of peace knowing why I'm so fucked up. I just felt numb, something I've grown more than accustomed to.

I'm also barely functional, so much so I don't feel human at all at times. I don't even feel like an outsider,

it's more like I exist on a lower layer of existence separate from everyone else and I'm watching everything pass me by from beneath the same barrier that was created by my inherent inferiority to other people.

Like layers in an art program, the layers on top cover me to the point of suffocation and I can't seem to climb up to the top without hurting myself trying to be something I'm not.

I struggle with any and all basic tasks, I cannot exist on my own and I'm very dependent on my relationships with others to an obsessive extent in an attempt to validate my own existence.

To confirm that I am real, that I am tangible and others can see me because it often feels like I'm incapable of being perceived for how I'm treated.

C-PTSD is hell, it's ruined every single facet of my life. Like an insidious mold tainting all that surrounds it in rot and decay. I wouldn't wish this on anyone and I'm sorry you have to put up with this too.

_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

Mar 4, 2024
Hi! How've you been doing? I've been posting in forums. I've been having trouble with CPTSD symptoms.
I'm doing alright. Good to see you.

Sorry you're suffering in that way. I caught a little from earlier posts you were discussing family dynamics. Are you still living with them? It makes complete sense to me that it would be challenging to manage symptoms while still around them, particularly if they aren't even acknowledging the source traumas. 🫂

We've discussed IFS a bit in the past. I have found it to be a helpful model in both listening to and caring for that hurt part. I hope that you're able to find some space to care for yourself.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nov 2, 2023

Sorry you're suffering in that way. I caught a little from earlier posts you were discussing family dynamics. Are you still living with them? It makes complete sense to me that it would be challenging to manage symptoms while still around them, particularly if they aren't even acknowledging the source traumas. 🫂

We've discussed IFS a bit in the past. I have found it to be a helpful model in both listening to and caring for that hurt part. I hope that you're able to find some space to care for yourself.
It's after phone calls that I feel either depressed or suicidal. I'll be talking with psychologist today about incorporating IFS.

• Hugs
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nov 2, 2023
I have no concrete plan at the moment due to my living situation and being heavily monitored by family. However, I do have C-PTSD.

My therapist recently brought it up to me and that was the first time I ever heard the term C-PTSD. I looked more into it, and yeah, I see it.

It made me feel like an idiot for never noticing it sooner because of how obvious it was, but at least I had some sort of explanation as to why everyday hurts so much.

Though I can't say it brought me any sort of peace knowing why I'm so fucked up. I just felt numb, something I've grown more than accustomed to.

I'm also barely functional, so much so I don't feel human at all at times. I don't even feel like an outsider,

it's more like I exist on a lower layer of existence separate from everyone else and I'm watching everything pass me by from beneath the same barrier that was created by my inherent inferiority to other people.

Like layers in an art program, the layers on top cover me to the point of suffocation and I can't seem to climb up to the top without hurting myself trying to be something I'm not.

I struggle with any and all basic tasks, I cannot exist on my own and I'm very dependent on my relationships with others to an obsessive extent in an attempt to validate my own existence.

To confirm that I am real, that I am tangible and others can see me because it often feels like I'm incapable of being perceived for how I'm treated.

C-PTSD is hell, it's ruined every single facet of my life. Like an insidious mold tainting all that surrounds it in rot and decay. I wouldn't wish this on anyone and I'm sorry you have to put up with this too.
That sounds c-ptsd. I've got server with others in cptsd and ptsd recovery. Things can get better. PM me if you're interested.

My psychologist liked my progress. He didn't want to move from cbt. I created a server focused on cptsd ptsd recovery if you're interested. The people there are focused on recovery.

Last edited:
CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nov 2, 2023
PTSD treatment is painful, but there's good success and shorter timelines with new therapies.

CPTSD is painful and time consuming. It's taken a while but I've gotten rid of most of the concomitant issues. Still working on concomitant General Anxiety Disorder and PTSD.

I'm trying to recover. I've got a discord for PTSD and C-PTSD. DM me if you're interested in joining.

B

bipbapbop

Experienced
Mar 7, 2024

It's after phone calls that I feel either depressed or suicidal. I'll be talking with psychologist today about incorporating IFS.

IFS worked extremely well for me until this recent traumatic event that pushed me over the edge. I think if you are somewhat functional then it's a really great modality for CPTSD!

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nov 2, 2023
IFS worked extremely well for me until this recent traumatic event that pushed me over the edge. I think if you are somewhat functional then it's a really great modality for CPTSD!
There seems to be a lot of successes with it. I'm planning to try it out.

Reactions: bipbapbop
B

bipbapbop

Experienced
Mar 7, 2024
There seems to be a lot of successes with it. I'm planning to try it out.
I hope you have a good experience! I found it to be a very vulnerable and often painful experience during the session but it was profoundly helpful in mininizing many of my CPTSD symptoms. Lmk if you have any questions about it :)

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nov 2, 2023
I hope you have a good experience! I found it to be a very vulnerable and often painful experience during the session but it was profoundly helpful in mininizing many of my CPTSD symptoms. Lmk if you have any questions about it :)
you worked with a therapist or tried it on your own?
All of the therapies are painful unfortunately. I did CPT. There's some similarities in approach.

B

bipbapbop

Experienced
Mar 7, 2024
you worked with a therapist or tried it on your own?
All of the therapies are painful unfortunately.
I worked with a therapist. I actually met 7 therapists before finding one that I felt like I could trust enough to be vulnerable with. I tried some IFS on my own but I always got distracted and couldn't focus on the parts who wanted attention.

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nov 2, 2023
I worked with a therapist. I actually met 7 therapists before finding one that I felt like I could trust enough to be vulnerable with. I tried some IFS on my own but I always got distracted and couldn't focus on the parts who wanted attention.
I'm working with a psychologist specialized in CBT. Originally, I had a difficult time finding a trauma specialized therapist, but I ended up finding one that worked with military. She moved after 2 years.

I had difficulties trying regular therapists. Looking back they weren't experienced with or trained to deal with trauma in addition to concomitant issues.

B

bipbapbop

Experienced
Mar 7, 2024
I'm working with a psychologist specialized in CBT. Originally, I had a difficult time finding a trauma specialized therapist, but I ended up finding one that worked with military. She moved after 2 years.

I had difficulties trying regular therapists. Looking back they weren't experienced with or trained to deal with trauma in addition to concomitant issues.
Do you like CBT? I heard it can be not great for CPTSD.

Yeah, I had a few therapists early on tell me they weren't able to handle my situation and recommended trauma informed therapists for me.

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nov 2, 2023
Do you like CBT? I heard it can be not great for CPTSD.

Yeah, I had a few therapists early on tell me they weren't able to handle my situation and recommended trauma informed therapists for me.
An experienced trauma informed therapist won't ask about events or push. It all pops up on it's own during therapy. Memories just seem to automatically unpack as soon as you process one set. The experienced trauma informed therapist is what's key with whichever approach you take. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to treat myself. I'm pretty sure whichever therapy you go with, it's gonna suck and hurt.

CBT is fantastic for CPTSD. Current latest big success is breaking treatment resistant depression, but that's also a result of a lot more. Dysthymia (persistent depression) was one of my issues. I always felt like I wanted to die, like I should die, and/or deserved to die. It happens sometimes, but it's usually fleeting and been occurring less over past few months. We're working on general anxiety disorder symptoms atm.

CPT is a CBT based method developed specifically for treating PTSD. It's basically a structured way to process the memory and emotions on your plate as well as the behaviors and beliefs that result. From what I've read about IFS, CPT is more direct, painful, and yes you do end up reliving experience. During therapy it does get worse, and I suspect CPT also has a higher drop rate. However, end results I've had are good. I don't have issues with processed memories; they're just bad memories now. Most phobias, beliefs, and thoughts are gone.

Many symptoms are gone. I still have several symptoms, but those are slowly subsiding. I was interested in trying IFS to see if another approach could help speed that along, but I'd be doing it on my own.

Last edited:
Reactions: bipbapbop
Lavender Dreams

Lavender Dreams

serial vapist
Nov 5, 2022
Yes to CPTSD and as for the outcomes they are not great. It's possible to go into "remission", but I long suspected it's nothing more than a false hope. It leaks into all areas of life and causes chaos. If I ctb this is going to be one of my top reasons.

Hated By All

Hated By All

Death will give me peace
Sep 21, 2022
I might because I get flashbacks of trauma and what happened but I never got diagnosed.

B

bipbapbop

Experienced
Mar 7, 2024
An experienced trauma informed therapist won't ask about events or push. It all pops up on it's own during therapy. Memories just seem to automatically unpack as soon as you process one set. The experienced trauma informed therapist is what's key with whichever approach you take. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to treat myself. I'm pretty sure whichever therapy you go with, it's gonna suck and hurt.

CBT is fantastic for CPTSD. Current latest big success is breaking treatment resistant depression, but that's also a result of a lot more. Dysthymia (persistent depression) was one of my issues. I always felt like I wanted to die, like I should die, and/or deserved to die. It happens sometimes, but it's usually fleeting and been occurring less over past few months. We're working on general anxiety disorder symptoms atm.

CPT is a CBT based method developed specifically for treating PTSD. It's basically a structured way to process the memory and emotions on your plate as well as the behaviors and beliefs that result. From what I've read about IFS, CPT is more direct, painful, and yes you do end up reliving experience. During therapy it does get worse, and I suspect CPT also has a higher drop rate. However, end results I've had are good. I don't have issues with processed memories; they're just bad memories now. Most phobias, beliefs, and thoughts are gone.

Many symptoms are gone. I still have several symptoms, but those are slowly subsiding. I was interested in trying IFS to see if another approach could help speed that along, but I'd be doing it on my own.
I'm so glad to hear it works so well for you! Its such a debilitating way to live and I can't imagine how great it must feel to be alleviated of so many of the symptoms.

• Love
Reactions: CuriosityAndCat
CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nov 2, 2023
I'm so glad to hear it works so well for you! Its such a debilitating way to live and I can't imagine how great it must feel to be alleviated of so many of the symptoms.
It's only been a few months that I don't wish I was dead. It's pretty great. I don't hate me. I think it's going to take some more years still.