Do you have problems with the survival instinct?

• Yes

Votes: 40 85.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018

Reactions: throwaway777, chrijo and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
F

fisil

Arcanist
Mar 9, 2019
I think most have. It totally sucks being suicidal for years in the end i don't have a choice anymore.

I have all stuff for SN, but looking forward for N.

Reactions: dandan, chrijo, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
suffering

suffering

Too p*ssy to end it, too suicidal to leave
Aug 17, 2018
Yeah... I won't even try anymore, it was too traumatic the first time. I'm just cursed with a strong SI.. I will suffer this shit till natural death finds me.
I used to think about it more, but after months of spinning in circles I realized there's no point to it. I am accepting my limits and I am moving on :( ...

Reactions: chrijo and Jupiter
Nihil

Nihil

Student
Mar 4, 2019
I'll never forget the pain from my failed hanging attempt. To this day, the sensation of that pain is still engrained into my psyche. Unless a suicide method is: one moment, you're alive, and in the next second you're dead, I can't bring myself to end it. My grandfather died last year from his COPD, and being with him...seeing him slowly suffocate to death as his lungs failed him, well...yeah. No matter how bad life may be, that survival instinct is what still forces me to live. Dunno how to overcome it, unless it's an instant death that isn't terrifying. And for me, the only method that could work is firearm suicide. However, I can't bring myself to pull the trigger if I for sure know I'll be shot. Therefore, Russian roulette is the only thing that could work for me, and isn't all that terrifying to me. One of these days, I won't have to be playing this game anymore.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Jupiter and suffering
suffering

suffering

Too p*ssy to end it, too suicidal to leave
Aug 17, 2018
I'll never forget the pain from my failed hanging attempt. To this day, the sensation of that pain is still engrained into my psyche. Unless a suicide method is: one moment, you're alive, and in the next second you're dead, I can't bring myself to end it. My grandfather died last year from his COPD, and being with him...seeing him slowly suffocate to death as his lungs failed him, well...yeah. No matter how bad life may be, that survival instinct is what still forces me to live. Dunno how to overcome it, unless it's an instant death that isn't terrifying. And for me, the only method that could work is firearm suicide. However, I can't bring myself to pull the trigger if I for sure know I'll be shot. Therefore, Russian roulette is the only thing that could work for me, and isn't all that terrifying to me. One of these days, I won't have to be playing this game anymore.
I agree so much... For me the best way would be to be shot. If we're talking about the same psychological pain, of feeling trapped, humiliated, powerless, like being 2 people in one body, one willing to be free and the other one a demon who clings to life no matter what, like one is betraying one's very essence of being.. well then.. that's probably the worst feeling in the world. It took me months to recover. And by "recover" I mean to come back to a comfortable state of illusions, distractions and to find some resignation and peace.

Reactions: Nihil, Jupiter and Mr. Hang Man
Mr. Hang Man

Mr. Hang Man

Just hanging around
Mar 11, 2019
Most of us would have already ended our lives if it wasent for the survival instinct. It's what keeps humans alive, the natrual impulse to survive.

Reactions: Kazilium, dysfunctional, Ch92921 and 3 others
Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
I kind of have one when i am well (not depressed) in the sense that knowing what i have been, and am capable of inflicting on myself is slightly scary. But once my depression has gone too far down it's rabbit hole then any sense of self preservation is gone out the window.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Moms_Spaghetti

Moms_Spaghetti

Dec 25, 2018
Care to elaborate on your failed hanging?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
V

Void115

Feb 20, 2019
I think my worst enemies are, survival istinct and suicide prevention

Reactions: PeacePlease, suffering, Ch92921 and 1 other person
Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
Most of us would have already ended our lives if it wasent for the survival instinct. It's what keeps humans alive, the natrual impulse to survive.
Yes, otherwise their is no deep reason to be alieve. Its irrational/subconsciousness

Reactions: Void115, suffering and Mr. Hang Man
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
Yes

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and suffering
dysfunctional

dysfunctional

Arcanist
Oct 26, 2018
I think most people on this site do. I can only think of 2 users on this site that had a clear goal of suicide with effective means and achieved it.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, suffering and Ch92921