• A couple, but distant

• A small circle of friends

• A good amount of friends

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I'm down to 2. One of them I only see once or twice a year and the other is more of a suicidal dysfunctional wreck than I am and always brings me down.
No internet friends either actually.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, waitingforrest, Sick of it all and 2 others
domedune

domedune

the stars will aid my escape
Dec 18, 2019
I have one good IRL friend so I don't fit any of these options.

Reactions: rationaltake and Sick of it all
Ginnn

Ginnn

Student
Aug 20, 2022
I have 5 friends but I'm always the last option for all of them. They are completly normal people and so different to me

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: rationaltake, Sick of it all, Un- and 1 other person
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
No, I have no friends, etc.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, Sick of it all, artificial_ineptness and 1 other person
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I think I still have friends . . . ? It was hard enough maintaining relationships through major depression, on and off active addiction, and not owning a car. Lockdown did not help. Most of these people have known me a very long time, though. I think sometimes they just tell each other, "Yeah, I haven't heard from wait.what for a while. I think he's off being crazy right now." Thus far I've always been allowed to reconnect, though.

• Hugs
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
I am surprised by the number of people who are isolated. We live in a world where we are hyperconnected... but only through screens

• Informative
Reactions: rationaltake, outatime_85, Sick of it all and 1 other person
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Not very many. We don't even talk after I'm done with school. I probably won't even see them around campus.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, I would prefer to be alone than be around others anyway, I see it as being for the best. I have never really had much interest in spending time with others.

• Informative
Reactions: outatime_85 and Sick of it all
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
Nope, they either grew up, moved away, I burnt the bridge, got sick of me. Shit, I wish I had online friends

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Jane Doe 13, rationaltake, abyss and 2 others
emgrl

emgrl

Mage
Aug 6, 2022
I barely even reply at this point, if they even do reach out to me. It's only a matter of minimal time now…

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: rationaltake, outatime_85, Throwawaysoul and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I'd say zero, but my bar is pretty high. If I include work acquaintances, it's about 3-4.

Reactions: rationaltake
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
2. I could probably have more but I'm lazy. Most of the time online friends are enough for me

S

Sick of it all

It's only a matter of time and I'm running out
Aug 17, 2022
I have one best friend that I barely talk to. The rest of my friends are no where around. So the short answer is no.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, Throwawaysoul and leeloosnow
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
i think on paper i have friends, but it's more like a technicality not anything i trust. either that or they've stuck around because they want something from me.
edit- i avoid irl people if at all possible

abyss

abyss

Jul 13, 2022
No, they all got sick of my BPD antics which is understandable and I'm not open to making new ones at this stage.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: outatime_85 and rationaltake
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
I am surprised by the number of people who are isolated. We live in a world where we are hyperconnected... but only through screens
Exclusively online "friendships" are always causal. People may have online "friends" to alleviate boredom, but they aren't friends in any real sense.

Reactions: rationaltake, Sick of it all and emgrl
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
I believe that strong ties can be formed virtually. Sure, it's not the same as in real life but the affection is there.

Reactions: leeloosnow and rationaltake