Jul 28, 2023
If the anwser is yes, how often?

What do you think they are?

Reactions: sserafim
S

sancsuinet

<|:)
Apr 11, 2023
yeah, at least once a week, i think theyre just familiarities, brains are wired to pick up on patterns so i think thats all it is

Reactions: Sprite_Geist, sserafim, voyager and 4 others
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
yeah, at least once a week, i think theyre just familiarities, brains are wired to pick up on patterns so i think thats all it is
Mine are so vivid. They really feel like I've done that before. And I sometimes I know things seconds before they happen. Idk 🧐

Reactions: sserafim, voyager and HuskyD'hiver
S

sancsuinet

Apr 11, 2023
Mine are so vivid. They really feel like I've done that before. And I sometimes I know things seconds before they happen. Idk 🧐
interesting!! sometimes i get really vivid ones or i feel like i know what someones about to say, but mostly i think its just because i tend to analyse the way people act just way too much so its subconcious for me to just know.

Reactions: sserafim, voyager, HuskyD'hiver and 1 other person
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
interesting!! sometimes i get really vivid ones or i feel like i know what someones about to say, but mostly i think its just because i tend to analyse the way people act just way too much so its subconcious for me to just know.
It pisses me off cause I don't have an explanation for it & I'm kind of an ahteist…

Mine are really random stuff so predicting is mostly out of the question 🫤
First I saw this </3 watching your status…

Ah, good old depression 🫶🌟

Reactions: sserafim and HuskyD'hiver
S

sancsuinet

Apr 11, 2023
It pisses me off cause I don't have an explanation for it & I'm kind of an ahteist…

Mine are really random stuff so predicting is mostly out of the question 🫤

First I saw this </3 watching your status…

Ah, good old depression 🫶🌟
hmmm, sometimes things are just weird! cool though. my status is a little wizard but i guess it seems more accurate for you than me lol

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, HuskyD'hiver and venin
HuskyD'hiver

HuskyD'hiver

Je meurs chaque jour...
Oct 14, 2023
I feel déjà vu on a weekly basis as well. It is so strange because I never have a reason to why it happens or know when it will happen, but it has happened so frequently for the past 10 years that I start to feel like I'm in a perpetual loop of just experiencing the same things over and over again. Every time I have it, it's always in the general theme of what I or someone else was doing that is the same and has specific details that feel the same to why I have déjà vu. For example, I'll be watching a video, or be in a class lecture or when I was in high school quite often I would just have this weird realization and every time when I do have it I can pin point what is the same and what is different in full detail, like if I have the same shirt, or at least a shirt that was similar to it, or if I was sitting or standing a certain way. The annoying thing is with my shitty short-term memory that I can't think of any of the times when I have déjà vu, but I know that I have once had a time where it felt like I had had the exact same experience for a fourth(!) time. I also can never tell if it that I have had that experience in a dream or in the real world, because sometimes it feels like I have never actually done that action in the real world and that I must have had this experience in like a daydream or something. Déjà vu is weirdly surreal beyond my explanation and is one of my greatest fascinations of an enigma of the human mind.

Reactions: sserafim and voyager
cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
Before I took ADs I regularly had déjà vu. Since I've been on medication I don't get it at all.

I'd be interested to know how many people on here get it. Most people I know get it sometimes. I got it a lot.

I'm sure it's coincidence but the two people I knew who'd never experienced it were the two most mentally robust people I've ever met.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Can't remember the last I had, so maybe even a decade.

Orbitc

Orbitc

Sorry for my English
Jul 2, 2023
One day I dreamed of a place - I had never been to this residential complex and did not go inside - but after 2 years I found myself in this place and remembered this my dream - surprisingly, the interior was 100% exactly the same as in my dream! But I had never been there before this moment. This is so strange. It was as if I was dreaming about what would happen in the future. It's so strange - there are so many hotels and I ended up in this one. It felt like I had already been there, but I had never even passed by before.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, voyager and avoid
avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
One day I dreamed of a place - I had never been to this residential complex and did not go inside - but after 2 years I found myself in this place and remembered this my dream - surprisingly, the interior was 100% exactly the same as in my dream! But I had never been there before this moment. This is so strange.
This is so relatable. The only issue that I have is that I can never be sure that I actually dreamed about it because it was months if not years ago. It's just a feeling of familiarity.

Orbitc

Orbitc

Sorry for my English
Jul 2, 2023
This is so relatable. The only issue that I have is that I can never be sure that I actually dreamed about it because it was months if not years ago. It's just a feeling of familiarity.
No, in my case it was a very vivid dream - I woke up and thought - what a strange dream! And I remembered it very accurately in the smallest detail because then I thought about this dream for many days. I dreamed that I was sitting on a bunk bed and through a bright blue curtain I could see the rays of the sunset. It was a bad and disturbing dream. Then I found myself in a hotel where the curtain, the bed and the entire interior - everything was exactly the same as in my dream. I got into trouble and had to end up in this hotel. Incredible - as if I had already been to this hotel and I ended up on the bottom bed! It was as if I was dreaming about what would happen in the future! It's so strange - there are so many hotels and I ended up in this one. It felt like I had already been there, but I had never even passed by before.

Last edited:
DT2007

DT2007

reincarnation
Oct 9, 2023
I have had dèjà vus in the past. I dunno where they come from? Is it just our brains? Looking for patterns, similarities or is there more to it. Like premonitions? Maybe life is like a video game. You play it over and over again and it always takes the same course until you make a different decision at a specific point in your life.

Sometimes I have dreams and when I wake up I have to ask myself if it was just a dream or did that really happen. Always leaves me totally perplexed and I got to think about it for days.

Reactions: marchshift, sserafim and HuskyD'hiver
W

wasted__life__23

Sep 9, 2023
I'm sure that I' read this thread somewhere before....................

• Yay!
Reactions: Orbitc, DT2007, HuskyD'hiver and 1 other person
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Back when I was healthy they seemed more authentic, but I still have them once in a while. I've heard it's supposedly a memory malfunction. Personally, I've had some deja vus where I noticed I was in one and had a slight feeling of what was to happen next and indeed it kinda did, so that's weird. The brain is easily deceived though. Of course, there's the good old glitch in the matrix explanation, but maybe the wildest is eternal recurrence. Basically, existence and time are on an eternal loop and we're living the same life over and over again for all infinity, which may explain why it all seems somewhat familiar...

Tbh though, our minds would get wiped each time so it's probably not the cause but there's things we can't explain and probably never will, so who knows.

Reactions: sserafim, Orbitc and HuskyD'hiver
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
If the anwser is yes, how often?

What do you think they are?
Yeah sometimes. I think déjà-vu's might be a sign that you've lived this life before.

Reactions: marchshift
I Can't Say

I Can't Say

Oct 21, 2023
Yeah sometimes. I think déjà-vu's might be a sign that you've lived this life before.
Never, not even once. So I guess this is my first time around?

Can anyone who knows French explain why the accents on the letters e and a point in different directions?

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
more often then id like to.
my strangest one was when i was at my bfs house, never even been in the position for it to be a possibility (this was like my first time at his house). but 2 incidents....i could have sworn, flashback, i was here before...da fucking hell

Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
déjà vu is among the most commonly reported symptoms experienced by people with epilepsy during a simple (partial) seizure otherwise known as anaura. Other symptoms associated with this kind of seizure are the detection of "phantom" odours and tastes. Strong emotions are often described. While it's not unusual for a simple seizure be followed by another kind of seizure (such that it's commonly known to be a warning), it's quite possible for the process to abate.
Usually the individual remains conscious and aware during a simple seizure. There's a possibility that it could actually be an indication of undiagnosed epilepsy. A simple EEG can provide further insight. It's a quick, non-invasive procedure that lasts for about 5-10 minutes.
An acute accent (é) l'accent aigu denotes the pronunciation of the letter "e". The grave accent (à) l'accent grave can indicate a specific pronunciation or change the pronunciation when opposite an aigu accent. l'accent aigu indicates that the final letter of the word should be pronounced, while the grave indicates that it isn't.
That's all I have. When I was at school, forever ago, everyone had to learn French. But that was back in the days when dinosaurs roamed the hallways and pterodactyls are your homework.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskyD'hiver and sserafim
iamalreadydead

iamalreadydead

Student
Nov 25, 2022
I have deja vu that come from my dreams. like something will happen in a dream and maybe a couple days or months or years later it comes true down to weirdly specific details. Maybe im just schizo lol

• Informative
Reactions: marchshift and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I have deja vu that come from my dreams. like something will happen in a dream and maybe a couple days or months or years later it comes true down to weirdly specific details. Maybe im just schizo lol
Same, sometimes things that happen in my dream end up happening in real life, or I eventually end up going to a place I've only seen in my dream. I think these are premonitions/precognitions and dreams of the future.

• Informative
Reactions: marchshift and iamalreadydead