Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
I don't have much to show in life, mainly just the PC I built or my truck that's barely holding on anymore. After realizing that my biggest accomplishment (the truck) was so worn out that it's probably time to let it go I felt like I've been working for nothing.

I have no house I'm buying and I have nothing to show for my interest that I own outright.

That being said I'm curious if anyone has something that they're proud of and want to show or just want to talk about. It can be anything small or big.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pretty_Damaged1111, Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and 3 others
Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
i also got PC im proud of :sunglasses: other than that higher education i guess.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kit1 and Leavesfromthevine
Krokodile

Krokodile

Nov 18, 2023
Nothing I'd be proud of. I do own a fairly terrible apartment. It doesn't have much monetary value, but I guess it will cover the costs of dealing with my corpse when I kick the bucket.

• Hugs
  • Love
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I got absolutely nothing

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, Lookingtoflyfree, beyondthestars and 8 others
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I like to paint models, I have them all over my room and stored in boxes, one day I would like to display them all properly. I think that's going to be the only thing I have to show for.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kit1, Leavesfromthevine and Hardcore_Henry
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I have some art I painted when I was mentally better but other than that no

• Hugs
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Nothing. Nada. Lost it all to one girl or another.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, Wormfood, ijustwishtodie and 3 others
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Sometimes I try to tell myself that I have this one thing...but I don't. It's pretty much failed, already gone. So for me, nothing to show in life.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, beyondthestars and Leavesfromthevine
johann_liebert

johann_liebert

Im freien Fall nach oben
Nov 11, 2023
Nothing. I still have to ask my parents for money at age 23, it's so embarrassing.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Disappointered, Kit1 and Leavesfromthevine
N

noname478

Jan 18, 2024
not really in all honesty. I have a lot of technical knowledge but I've always had a tough time getting employed due to social anxiety and having an unsteady home life. What are your PC's specs if you mind me asking?

• Hugs
  • Love
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
not really in all honesty. I have a lot of technical knowledge but I've always had a tough time getting employed due to social anxiety and having an unsteady home life. What are your PC's specs if you mind me asking?
Here's some old pics but the specs haven't changed much. I'll get updated pics soon since I'm moving it out of my house to my brothers for storage.

Attachments

• IMG_3811.png
    IMG_3811.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3501.jpeg
    IMG_3501.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 4198.jpeg
    4198.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kit1, person357 and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
My job is creative- so, there is that out there. I'm not hugely successful or anything though. I suppose I'd hope the people I worked for remember me for a little while but realistically- everything moves on. They'll simply get someone likely better.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kit1, Lookingtoflyfree, Disappointered and 1 other person
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
Nothing. I never persist and don't have the patience to build something that's worth showing.

Here's some old pics but the specs haven't changed much. I'll get updated pics soon since I'm moving it out of my house to my brothers for storage.
love the Avatar theme going on

• Hugs
  • Love
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
My job is creative- so, there is that out there. I'm not hugely successful or anything though. I suppose I'd hope the people I worked for remember me for a little while but realistically- everything moves on. They'll simply get someone likely better.
I wouldn't underestimate the impact your work could have on someone. Although it's true after some time that everything moves on, it doesn't mean what you've done won't have an impact on them.

I still remember how good some people had made me feel if I don't remember anything else about them. It's possible some of your work could be the most memorable for them.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, Disappointered and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I wouldn't underestimate the impact your work could have on someone. Although it's true after some time that everything moves on, it doesn't mean what you've done won't have an impact on them.

I still remember how good some people had made me feel if I don't remember anything else about them. It's possible some of your work could be the most memorable for them.

That's a lovely thing to say- thank you. Yeah, I guess you're right. Certain things I saw as a child or- even as an adult stayed with me. So, maybe. That's nice. I hope so. My creative endeavours are usually part of something bigger- so- it's multiple people involved usually but, it's still nice to be a part of that. I think you can lose sight of that when you're just focusing on getting your own work done. Like all jobs I guess really but- thank you!

Really though, it's something I used to think about in general. Like- obviously, there are legendary people out there that leave a whole legacy behind them. I used to think of it in terms of my Mum though and, a neighbour. My Mum had quite an ordinary job really. She ended up dying of cancer fairly young- aged 40. So many people did and still do grieve for her though because she was such a lovely person. The same goes for my neighbour. He was actually a very skilled man but again, had mostly ordinary jobs. He left such a big hole when he died though. He made such a positive difference to people's lives.

I think that kind of trumps material achievement in a way. Not to say we can't still appreciate amazing inventions or artistry but, sometimes, if you find out they were supposedly horrible, I don't know- it feels kind of weird in a way. We used to say about people that had passed: 'They left the world a happier place.' I guess that's the best any of us can hope for. Of course- that could also mean they were terrible and everyone breathes a sigh of relief when they're gone! Lol.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns, Praestat_Mori and Leavesfromthevine
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
That's a lovely thing to say- thank you. Yeah, I guess you're right. Certain things I saw as a child or- even as an adult stayed with me. So, maybe. That's nice. I hope so. My creative endeavours are usually part of something bigger- so- it's multiple people involved usually but, it's still nice to be a part of that. I think you can lose sight of that when you're just focusing on getting your own work done. Like all jobs I guess really but- thank you!

Really though, it's something I used to think about in general. Like- obviously, there are legendary people out there that leave a whole legacy behind them. I used to think of it in terms of my Mum though and, a neighbour. My Mum had quite an ordinary job really. She ended up dying of cancer fairly young- aged 40. So many people did and still do grieve for her though because she was such a lovely person. The same goes for my neighbour. He was actually a very skilled man but again, had mostly ordinary jobs. He left such a big hole when he died though. He made such a positive difference to people's lives.

I think that kind of trumps material achievement in a way. Not to say we can't still appreciate amazing inventions or artistry but, sometimes, if you find out they were supposedly horrible, I don't know- it feels kind of weird in a way. We used to say about people that had passed: 'They left the world a happier place.' I guess that's the best any of us can hope for. Of course- that could also mean they were terrible and everyone breathes a sigh of relief when they're gone! Lol.
It really is strange how the most seemingly normal or boring people can have a lasting impact on their surroundings but the more famous ones turn out to be awful. There's such a level of uncertainty on our impact to others but we can just hope for the best.

Also I love the perspective on the very last part. Once the bad are gone it's a better place because of it lol and the good ones are hopefully better off too.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Forever Sleep
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
I volunteer a lot so I have lots of community service hours, does that count? It's useless but It's kind of the one thing I got going for me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Leavesfromthevine and carac
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
I volunteer a lot so I have lots of community service hours, does that count? It's useless but It's kind of the one thing I got going for me.
As long as it matters to you it counts but personally that's a very respectable thing to be proud of.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
StarlightDreamer

StarlightDreamer

Infinity Weaver
Aug 2, 2022
Hidden in my garage, I have the remains of two monster PCs I built and tinkered with, as well as the 7.1 speaker system I built in my room. I also managed to salvage the 22 hard drives from my personal server, which contains all my memories dating back to 2007.

The house fire I had utterly gutted my life, and things have only gotten worse over time. I'm currently posting this from a room with little more than a desk and a chair, which is almost all I can call my own.

It's okay, though. My greatest treasure has been the positive impact I've had on peoples' lives, and that's something that they'll carry with them for the rest of their days.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Disappointered, Praestat_Mori and Leavesfromthevine
D

desperatetoctb

Jan 27, 2024
Im 21 and for my age I think really well-off.
Got a nice car, nice apartment, can afford most things I want. I have a private pilot license, studying to get commercial, but all that is pretty useless if you dont have anyone to share it with.
I always wanted to become a pilot, it was my life goal, but now that I am so close, there is barely anyone who is happy for me, someone who I can share it with. I have my very supportive Uncle, who is getting 70yo this year and a friend who lives on the other side of the country. I have cut ties with parents, due to them being alcoholic and abusive,I lost my relationship 2 months ago who has broken up with me, I have lost lots of good friends last year, there is nobody in life who I can speak to except them two and that doesnt replace a whole social environment. I dont like going out or partying, I have it really hard making new friends and I dont think I am ever gonna have a healthy social environment again and I cant continue the way it is now. I am completely alone with my thoughts, there is nobody to share my life with. It makes you feel worthless and I really dont think its worth continuing life if its only painful and there is no hope for better days.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Disappointered, Leavesfromthevine and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
If it's about the past I could show sth but if it's about recent years and now I've got nothing to show.

• Hugs
Reactions: Leavesfromthevine
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Just a mental health record the size of a dictionary.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lookingtoflyfree and Leavesfromthevine
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Just a mental health record the size of a dictionary.
I got that too.
Got lots of shoes and bags. A house, horse, 3 dogs, a few sheep. My cameras.

• Love
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I've got a decent collection in Pokémon Home though nothing fancy like a living dex or anything like that. I can't really think of anything else besides maybe my high post count on this forum.

• Love
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
Im 21 and for my age I think really well-off.
Got a nice car, nice apartment, can afford most things I want. I have a private pilot license, studying to get commercial, but all that is pretty useless if you dont have anyone to share it with.
I always wanted to become a pilot, it was my life goal, but now that I am so close, there is barely anyone who is happy for me, someone who I can share it with. I have my very supportive Uncle, who is getting 70yo this year and a friend who lives on the other side of the country. I have cut ties with parents, due to them being alcoholic and abusive,I lost my relationship 2 months ago who has broken up with me, I have lost lots of good friends last year, there is nobody in life who I can speak to except them two and that doesnt replace a whole social environment. I dont like going out or partying, I have it really hard making new friends and I dont think I am ever gonna have a healthy social environment again and I cant continue the way it is now. I am completely alone with my thoughts, there is nobody to share my life with. It makes you feel worthless and I really dont think its worth continuing life if its only painful and there is no hope for better days.
Super jealous you got your ppl and working towards commercial. How far along are you into that license?
Sorry my life dream was to be a pilot too but couldn't afford the super high cost and even ppl I live almost 2 hours away from a school right now.

I completely understand the feeling of accomplishment yet having no one to share it with. Every time I do something and want to share it, I just get hit with a huge wave of sadness and depression since I'm all alone. I hope it gets easier for you ❤️

Also since you already know be extra careful about being on sites like this with being a pilot. I'm sure you already know all about how they treat people who struggle mentally. Getting grounded because of a site like this would be detrimental.

Reactions: Disappointered
sick.faery

sick.faery

Mar 18, 2021
aside from my family being well off no

i'm literally a total loser lol

• Love
D

desperatetoctb

Jan 27, 2024
Super jealous you got your ppl and working towards commercial. How far along are you into that license?
Sorry my life dream was to be a pilot too but couldn't afford the super high cost and even ppl I live almost 2 hours away from a school right now.

I completely understand the feeling of accomplishment yet having no one to share it with. Every time I do something and want to share it, I just get hit with a huge wave of sadness and depression since I'm all alone. I hope it gets easier for you ❤️

Also since you already know be extra careful about being on sites like this with being a pilot. I'm sure you already know all about how they treat people who struggle mentally. Getting grounded because of a site like this would be detrimental.

I would probably be finished by the end of this year, so its not very long anymore. Becoming a pilot has been my childhood dream that I never let go of, but I didnt think that I would lose everyone on the way there.

It is so competitive, most dont see other students as class mates, but only as competition and everyone wants to finish first and get a job before the market is oversaturated and especially then its sad if there is barely anyone who would actually be happy for you if you succeed.

A loving relationship, like the one I had, or actual parents or siblings or good friends would change the way I feel right now, but going through things like heartbreak and having no one to talk to, or also having no one to celebrate with on good days, is really sad and I dont know a way out of this situation.

I thought maybe I get back together with my ex or at some point I get used to the situation and stop suffering all day long, but its been couple months now and it does really only get worse.

• Love
Reactions: Leavesfromthevine and Disappointered
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
I have a decently sized dick, aside from that maybe a large collection of weapons and leather gloves/articles

I have a leather fetish, its the smell ❤️

beyondthestars

beyondthestars

Hello dear people ❤️
Mar 14, 2021
I have barely got anything material or immaterial. I'm not complaining, I just want to give a hug to all those who've also got very little to show for their many years/decades of living on this earth.

What I do have is a bed that's reasonably comfortable, and most days I've got food to eat. I've got a place to call home, for whatever it's worth. I've got a laptop on which I can write these words. I've got very few friends, who very occasionally offer some help. I've got a fridge which sometimes has delicious fresh foods. I've got some books which I loved reading. I've got a nice headphone on which I can blast some good music. I've got some nice hot tea which I'm drinking right now :heart:

Things I've got:
* Just enough money to have a lot of money worries. (But at least I can eat?)
* Many serious health problems. (Still got a few years in me, I feel)
* No therapy, despite needing it so badly
* Barely any support system.
* Almost no friends, but social isolation.
* Living in a place I greatly dislike. (At least I've got a real bed to sleep in?)
* Bad sleep (due to outside noise, countless nightmares, etc.)

Despite all that I've got a few moments of inner peace and quietude here and there, so that's something I guess :-)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Disappointered and Leavesfromthevine
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I've got a bunch of stuff, including a basement of toys and junk that most hobbyists would love; that's not really any accomplishment. Probably the only thing is my boot camp platoon picture.

• Love