Status
Not open for further replies.
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Do you notice the "switch"? I do. I can't exactly "control" it, to a degree but it's done by externally changing it and I don't bother. When it "switches" though I can "feel" it. I know I'm changing personalities to the point where I could snap my fingers the second it happens. Sometimes I don't notice but I can't be paying attention all the time. I typically notice it sooner or later.

May I ask what it's like for you?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lobster salad, KleinerWolf, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
shay23

shay23

Student
Nov 2, 2020
I have the same experience, I have BPD and I can feel myself change due to the intense emotions I get. I'm either very depressed and horrible to be around or extremely happy and chatty, I wish the happy stayed around more but I get really impulsive and detach from reality.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NodusTollens, imjustanemptyshell, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I do.
I know I'm changing personalities to the point where I could snap my fingers the second it happens.
That's interesting, I never had it like that to be honest.

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, KleinerWolf and Ghost2211
SHThrowAway213

SHThrowAway213

That's the hell I live with
Apr 19, 2018
I have BPD.
The changes in my mood aren't so drastic as from when I was younger, but can still notice it.

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens, lobster salad, KleinerWolf and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
As many said above, I also have BPD.
For some hours I'm the happiest person on Earth and then I want to CTB asap and hate myself and the world.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: NodusTollens, shay23, KleinerWolf and 1 other person
BLUE1970

BLUE1970

Experienced
Nov 3, 2020
No but I have autism

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens, Ghost2211 and KleinerWolf
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I have BPD.
The changes in my mood aren't so drastic as from when I was younger, but can still notice it.
As many said above, I also have BPD.
For some hours I'm the happiest person on Earth and then I want to CTB asap and hate myself and the world.
may i ask if it seems at times like its almost a mood disorder as well? example: anger has a personality, sad has a personality, happy has a personality
but for me its not all the time. the personalities also have their own thing outside of emotions.
I do.

That's interesting, I never had it like that to be honest.
may i ask what it is like for you? if you can explain it, i know it can be difficult to explain, i have that problem sometimes

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
I do (avoidant personality). And I notice the switch too; around (unknown) people I become more self aware of myself and my body starts to react (fight or flight). I don't know why my body sees so many people as enemies because in my mind the situation isn't always as bad as my body is telling me.

• Hugs
Reactions: DeathNoot, LivedTooLong, demuic and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I do (avoidant personality). And I notice the switch too; around (unknown) people I become more self aware of myself and my body starts to react (fight or flight). I don't know why my body sees so many people as enemies because in my mind the situation isn't always as bad as my body is telling me.
can you explain this to me? this sounds like my social anxiety, i just cant people lol (just understanding the difference not saying anything against you)

TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
can you explain this to me? this sounds like my social anxiety, i just cant people lol (just understanding the difference not saying anything against you)
I don't know really. I remember some traumatic events from my childhood/teen years/early adulthood though; like bullying, forgetting words when performing (singing) and being blackmailed. I experience excess sweating when socializing and when I'm alone I can calm myself. I'm ashamed of my body reacting like that so I tend to isolate myself. It's an endless circle for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic
lobster salad

lobster salad

overcooked :(
Aug 27, 2020
I don't have any personality disorders... I only have stupidity.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, SunnyDaze and x~Sophia~x
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I don't know really. I remember some traumatic events from my childhood/teen years/early adulthood though; like bullying, forgetting words when performing (singing) and being blackmailed. I experience excess sweating when socializing and when I'm alone I can calm myself. I'm ashamed of my body reacting like that so I tend to isolate myself. It's an endless circle for me.
i did a little (literally) reading on it. correct me if im wrong but its like major social anxiety thats so bad you avoid the situation hence avoidant personality

TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
i did a little (literally) reading on it. correct me if im wrong but its like major social anxiety thats so bad you avoid the situation hence avoidant personality
Yeah, something like that. I feel that I'm not good enough like this. I have both SAD and AvPD as diagnoses.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Yeah, something like that. I feel that I'm not good enough like this. I have both SAD and AvPD as diagnoses.
i get that. i use to have what i would consider a functioning social anxiety where i took a deep breath and said i can do this. now i just......avoid it and get my husband to do things. i think its just really bad anxiety though.

im not sure if it would work where its a personality disorder but did you try any antianxiety meds?

TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
i get that. i use to have what i would consider a functioning social anxiety where i took a deep breath and said i can do this. now i just......avoid it and get my husband to do things. i think its just really bad anxiety though.

im not sure if it would work where its a personality disorder but did you try any antianxiety meds?
Many. I've been 15+ years in the psychiatric system. I even take a certain med which side effect is reduced sweating but it affects my vision negatively so I have to use it in a small doses which isn't enough.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Many. I've been 15+ years in the psychiatric system. I even take a certain med which side effect is reduced sweating but it affects my vision negatively so I have to use it in a small doses which isn't enough.
what about a mood stabilizer where it is a deeper problem then anxiety
You mean like the movie "Split" ?
sort of but not exactly. DID seems to be more of a fine line between the personalities making them easier to pick out while others a little bit more blurred. although i can pick out when im changing personalities the line isnt always quite that clear when it happens hence why i dont always notice. also i havent been kidnapping people.......i dont think anyway

Last edited:
TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
what about a mood stabilizer where it is a deeper problem then anxiety
Well, I'm not bipolar/psychotic so.. and not a big fan of antipsychotics in general. I've had quetiapine for sleep problems and some other that I don't remember right now. Didn't suit me.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Well, I'm not bipolar/psychotic so.. and not a big fan of antipsychotics in general. I've had quetiapine for sleep problems and some other that I don't remember right now. Didn't suit me.
not the same thing as a mood stabilizer. Antipsychotics, also known as neuroleptics, are a class of medication primarily used to manage psychosis (including delusions, hallucinations, paranoia or disordered thought). a mood stabilizer is literally just that, something to stabilize you

TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
not the same thing as a mood stabilizer. Antipsychotics, also known as neuroleptics, are a class of medication primarily used to manage psychosis (including delusions, hallucinations, paranoia or disordered thought). a mood stabilizer is literally just that, something to stabilize you
Well, according to this, they are a part of it:
I've talked about this to my psychiatrist(s) and dermatologist and they know my situation. I don't know what else to say..

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Well, according to this, they are a part of it:
I've talked about this to my psychiatrist(s) and dermatologist and they know my situation. I don't know what else to say..
it says what i said in the first line, its just those disorders are what they are more commonly used for. its still to help with the mood swings though not the psychosis.

i get the psychiatrist thing though. thats why for the most part i do my own research and am "strongly advising" the meds i want to try

sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
i'm not sure if you can call mild psychopathy a personality disorder. i do notice my mind works differently from normal people. i just don't understand the behaviors of "normal" people. i have no desire to hurt anyone or cause any kind of destruction, its like i'm a different species or something

TheLostCause

TheLostCause

Falling Apart
Nov 7, 2020
I have AvPD and BPD. Ive always suspected BPD but not had it diagnosed until now. I ended up in hospital before i was diagnosed after a failed attempt and then again after i was diagnosed and due to the diagnosis i noticed i was treated differently which I don't like one bit. They seemed more harsh, threatening me with the police if i tried to leave ect, giving me funny looks like disapproving looks.
I do realise my sudden switch in mood/behaviour but not until it happens, I can't stop it from happening either. It causes alot of distress to me as i can see how its affecting my partner yet I can't stop it, all i cam do is apologize afterwards.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wraith
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
may i ask if it seems at times like its almost a mood disorder as well? example: anger has a personality, sad has a personality, happy has a personality
but for me its not all the time. the personalities also have their own thing outside of emotions.

may i ask what it is like for you? if you can explain it, i know it can be difficult to explain, i have that problem sometimes

I think they are kinda different moods too because my point of view of ANYTHING changes drastically when I'm under these different status. Does this happen to you too?

S

SunnyDaze

Sep 8, 2020
I have AvPD and BPD. Ive always suspected BPD but not had it diagnosed until now. I ended up in hospital before i was diagnosed after a failed attempt and then again after i was diagnosed and due to the diagnosis i noticed i was treated differently which I don't like one bit. They seemed more harsh, threatening me with the police if i tried to leave ect, giving me funny looks like disapproving looks.
I do realise my sudden switch in mood/behaviour but not until it happens, I can't stop it from happening either. It causes alot of distress to me as i can see how its affecting my partner yet I can't stop it, all i cam do is apologize afterwards.
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but when people say they have BPD, does that mean bipolar or Borderline personality disorder? I can never figure out what they mean by 'BPD'.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but when people say they have BPD, does that mean bipolar or Borderline personality disorder? I can never figure out what they mean by 'BPD'.
borderline and no its not stupid. it confused me at first too
have you talked to your partner about this? i find that since my husband has had a better understanding of things that we've had a lot less problems

Last edited:
TheLostCause

TheLostCause

Falling Apart
Nov 7, 2020
Yep as the other person said its Borderline or EUPD which is Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder which is the exact same thing as Borderline.
Its not a stupid question at all, i had the same confusion aswell.

SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
PTSD:heart:
My on switch is when im sober
My off switch is when im drunk, and feel "normal" whatever that means.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I think they are kinda different moods too because my point of view of ANYTHING changes drastically when I'm under these different status. Does this happen to you too?
it can. it makes not being "hypocritical" damn near impossible

• Wow
Reactions: WornOutLife
M

MBY85

Oct 21, 2020
I wasn't diagnosed but I think I have BPD. I have cerebral palsy and people around me always worry about my psysicals problems that are a lot and not my mind. But I had read a lot and I clearly identify myself with bpd.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wraith
Status
Not open for further replies.