• Not really 😞

• What is sleep ? 😵‍💫

Results are only viewable after voting.
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
My sleep pattern is fucked.
I have periods of insomnia followed by periods of excessive sleep followed by normal nightime sleep with day naps.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Sweet Tart, TapeMachine and 5 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Most of the time, I'd say I'm ok. Now and again I really struggle. Can't really say I always feel well rested though. Sometimes I wonder if I could seep for a thousand years- like in a fairytale... and still wake up tired!

Only a couple of times has it been ideation keeping me up. Most of the time, it's day to day worries.

Reactions: Rocinante, MeltingBrain and The anhedonic one
mission

mission

“everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt”
Apr 19, 2023
I have periods of insomnia followed by periods of excessive sleep followed by normal nightime sleep with day naps.
this is exactly what my sleep habits are like…really sucks

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Sweet Tart, Rocinante and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wouldn't really say that I have insomnia, I manage to sleep for at least some of my existence thankfully but some nights I struggle to sleep more than others and get less sleep and I will always feel tired no matter what, no amount of temporary sleep could take away the tiredness that I feel, only permanent sleep ever could. I hate how it can potentially be difficult to sleep, as sleeping is the closest thing to not existing.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Rocinante, The anhedonic one and 1 other person
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
Nope, sometimes i go to bed at 5am and then up for work, always sleep in the AM as i distract myself.

Partly because if i go to bed usually i hear breathing, banging and screaming, or people in the corner of my room, i sleep with loud sounds playing otherwise i can't sleep and forget the paranoia. I drink a ton of alcohol before sleep to help me chill out.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Sweet Tart, Rocinante and 2 others
jazzcat

jazzcat

dark eyed and miserable
May 19, 2023
I don't, I struggle a lot to fall asleep at a normal time and sometimes I just can't sleep period, my sleep schedule gets fucked eventually no matter what I do to try to correct it

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, The anhedonic one, Sweet Tart and 2 others
woh6

woh6

Student
May 13, 2023
I don't struggle with sleeping. It's important to me and probably one of my favorite things to do. Sometimes I'm up a bit later due to things keeping me busy. . However no matter how much or how little I sleep I get, I always feel tired.

Reactions: The anhedonic one, Sweet Tart, Rocinante and 1 other person
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
Nope, sometimes i go to bed at 5am and then up for work, always sleep in the AM as i distract myself.

Partly because if i go to bed usually i hear breathing, banging and screaming, or people in the corner of my room, i sleep with loud sounds playing otherwise i can't sleep and forget the paranoia. I drink a ton of alcohol before sleep to help me chill out.
So sorry my friend, that sounds really awful what you are going through. Life is so cruel to many of us here. Do you know what causes you to experience these things ?
Are they hallucinations, or something like noisy neighbours ?

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Rocinante and TheSpookyNameGuy
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
So sorry my friend, that sounds really awful what you are going through. Life is so cruel to many of us here. Do you know what causes you to experience these things ?
Are they hallucinations, or something like noisy neighbours ?
Hallucinations my friend. I believe i have an early form of schizophrenia, i see either black figures or gray people standing either in the corner of the room or basically crouched down an arms length from my face looking right at me. My house is on it's own, separate houses you see.

It's caused me to break my hand once, woke up and saw the face staring right at me, i reflexivly threw a fist out thinking it was an intruder, it slowly faded away after my fist went past it into my solid oak dresser. I hate the night honestly.

Thing is it's only happened within the past 1-2 years, i know my mind has been getting broken to a stage that even i thought was impossible for me, i often wonder if i have a brain tumor as i see and hear other things and get salty eyes a lot, i also time skip through the day often.
I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Have you any idea what is causing this ? Have you seen the Doctor or hospital ?
I have no idea, I'm cautious going to my GP and telling them incase they think im crazy and admit me somewhere so ill wait and think on if for a bit. I may lead them in with the whole brain tumor line of reasoning.

It's hard because i've already been to my GP for two different antidepressants, perhaps they may think im going nuts?

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Rocinante, MeltingBrain and 1 other person
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
I have no idea, I'm cautious going to my GP and telling them incase they think im crazy and admit me somewhere so ill wait and think on if for a bit. I may lead them in with the whole brain tumor line of reasoning.
As far as I know not all brain tumors are cancerous , Some are completely treatable as well . I think you should go tell a psych about this . It's your life on the line vs being locked up for a few days .

• Hugs
Reactions: The anhedonic one, Sweet Tart, Rocinante and 1 other person
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Oh no, I take my Xanax very regularly so I don't break my sleep cycle. Great success.

• Informative
Reactions: The anhedonic one, Rocinante and MeltingBrain
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
As far as I know not all brain tumors are cancerous , Some are completely treatable as well . I think you should go tell a psych about this . It's your life on the line vs being locked up for a few days .
I guess melty, i'd like to die for peace sake but not in a horrible uncontrolled manner true

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante and MeltingBrain
Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
I don't sleep well at all and i sleep backwards.

• Hugs
Reactions: The anhedonic one and Rocinante
day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
I try to abuse substances (mainly alcohol and benzos) till I feel sedated enough that I wont wake up in terrors and anxiety.

Mostly fall asleep around 08:00am my time. Periodically I will simply not sleep the entire day.

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, The anhedonic one and Rocinante
sulli

sulli

Student
Jan 25, 2023
yeah i'm pretty much incurably nocturnal. even when i do manage to get it straightened out i gradually edge in that direction then. i guess i was born for night shift lol (if i was capable of holding a job). i don't really like being awake during the day when the weather is bright so i don't really mind. but i'm starting PHP on monday which will demand my presence every weekday from 7-noon so i've been working on adjusting to that.

half the time i can't sleep without seroquel. the other half i try to nap thinking it'll never work and then fall asleep for six hours 😭

• Hugs
Reactions: The anhedonic one, Sweet Tart, MeltingBrain and 1 other person
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Pretty much the same as this.
On top of that, I pretty much fall asleep at whatever time my body sees fit in that specific moment. My mind seems to have very little concept of day and night when it comes to sleep.

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, The anhedonic one, Sweet Tart and 2 others
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
My sleep schedule changes every week

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, OpheliasFlowers, Sweet Tart and 2 others
delusionalgirl

delusionalgirl

I have my ticket. Awaiting my journey
Jun 17, 2023
Well last weekend I was awake for 3-4 days. I slept a couple days and bam back at the no sleep last night thing again.

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers and The anhedonic one
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
Well last weekend I was awake for 3-4 days. I slept a couple days and bam back at the no sleep last night thing again.
I do not know you in the real world.
Yet know that I love you because you are suffering just like me.
I am going to die soon, and I know this for sure because my soul is crushed and my heart has snapped in two.
I just needed you to know that there is someone in this dreadful world that understands you and loves you, even though we shall never meet in real life.
Maybe there is something waiting for us after we finally escape this world of suffering.
If so, then I shall be waiting for you on the other side, and we can be together.

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, MeltingBrain and delusionalgirl
delusionalgirl

delusionalgirl

I have my ticket. Awaiting my journey
Jun 17, 2023
I do not know you in the real world.
Yet know that I love you because you are suffering just like me.
I am going to die soon, and I know this for sure because my soul is crushed and my heart has snapped in two.
I just needed you to know that there is someone in this dreadful world that understands you and loves you, even though we shall never meet in real life.
Maybe there is something waiting for us after we finally escape this world of suffering.
If so, then I shall be waiting for you on the other side, and we can be together.
Sometimes you don't realize there are things you need to hear until someone says them to you. If there is an other side, then expect some big hugs from me. It's so comforting knowing that there are people that truly understand how you feel.

• Love
Reactions: The anhedonic one
madhatguy

madhatguy

Feb 2, 2023
nah it's always flipping and shifting. sometimes kinda comfy doe

Reactions: MeltingBrain
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
if i didnt have meds id be awake for days on end before being knocked out for almost 24 hours on repeat. i take quetiapine every night just so i dont have to be conscious for more than 12 hours. i can never wake up before 10 am at the earliest tho, even if i take it in the early evening. ive started purposely staying awake until 3-4am and then taking my meds so i wake up later just so i dont have to be awake as much during the day. i much prefer night time when its quiet and no one else is awake, its the only time the world is somewhat peaceful. in a way im lucky i dont have a job or education to worry about waking up on time for anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Sweet Tart, The anhedonic one and 1 other person
Ferret77

Ferret77

Jun 2, 2023
I feel like a lot of people struggle with sleep, because it actually requires some form of peace....
As for me, I'm one of them. I either overthink and don't sleep at all, no matter how hard I try or I oversleep, and I can sleep the entire day....
Usually I'm so emotionally drained, that sleep doesn't really do anything for me anymore though....I still wake up tired and it just doesn't go away....

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, The anhedonic one and MeltingBrain
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
I feel like a lot of people struggle with sleep, because it actually requires some form of peace....
As for me, I'm one of them. I either overthink and don't sleep at all, no matter how hard I try or I oversleep, and I can sleep the entire day....
Usually I'm so emotionally drained, that sleep doesn't really do anything for me anymore though....I still wake up tired and it just doesn't go away....
Yeah, Stress can be a real sleep killer . Even if you aren't stressed at that moment of sleep,"subconscious" stress can still ruin your sleep.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Ferret77 and The anhedonic one
vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
Always did when the episodes were bad. Mirtazapine stopped the sleep issues, but not the depression. Would struggle to force myself to bed. Staying up distracting myself with nonsense on the internet. Also would wake up after only a few hours when the episodes were particularly bad.

• Hugs
Reactions: The anhedonic one and MeltingBrain
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
My sleep pattern has been screwed up for years. So is my eating. Everything is "shifted", if that makes any sense. Oftentimes I eat my breakfast at noon and my supper at 11:00PM or later at night. Even if I go to bed really late, like at 3 or 4 in the morning, I still get up around 6 or 7 AM. Then if I take an afternoon nap, that screws me up even more, since it makes it hard to fall asleep. I've tried for years to fix this messed up cycle and have failed. It's just all screwed up.

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers and MeltingBrain
Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
It's midday and I'm drinking coffee, yet I could sleep for hours if I were able to lie in bed right now. Sleep is everything to me. I'm craving it. I suspect there are physical AND psychological reasons for this, but no diagnosis as far as I know.

During times when my anxiety is out of control (when I was working), I'd be tired all day but when I'd get into bed, suddenly I'd be wired, my mind racing until I'd eventually fall asleep close to the time I needed to wake up. I would spend weekends in bed, just sleeping thru all my free time and not able to get anything done- no cleaning, cooking, socializing.

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, MeltingBrain and The anhedonic one