do you hate yourself or others more?

• Total voters
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I already know qualitatively that most people here hate themselves more (though I don't know why) but I'm interested in it from a quantitative perspective. I'm curious as to the ratio of people here who hate themselves more to those who hate other people, society, the system, the world etc etc. If you don't hate yourself or other people/society at all, vote the third option.

Also, you don't have to but, if you want to, feel free to write as to why you chose what you chose

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore, GoatHerder and Rocinante
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
I don't hate myself, I hate my circumstances

Reactions: Arachno, mikgazer6, Alexei_Kirillov and 3 others
pilotviolin

pilotviolin

five lives too late, and there's blood in my hair
Jan 27, 2024
my hate for others mostly comes from hate of myself. i try not to let it show but i feel like an air freshener of bad vibes anyways lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Arachno, guest6362 and N33dT0D13
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I love myself, too much. I don't hate others, some just annoy me.

• Love
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and ijustwishtodie
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
That's a hard one, I would say I'm the individual I hate the most, but I hate other people as a whole more. It feels like as many faults as I have, it feels like other people made me this way. I could have been saved if people didn't constantly kick me down. I wouldn't have been nearly as bad if not for the people around me.

Reactions: pilotviolin
cowboypants

cowboypants

from farm to fork
May 7, 2024
I hate myself more i think. Had i been good i would have made it despite whatver the societys drawbacks are, like not everyone wants to die. Also a lot why im here is the chain of events that happened in my life and the way i dealt with it.

Reactions: Arachno and pilotviolin
N33dT0D13

N33dT0D13

Xe/It
Apr 2, 2023
my hate for others mostly comes from hate of myself. i try not to let it show but i feel like an air freshener of bad vibes anyways lol
Real as fuck, I can't sustain anger for others and it just reroutes into more self loathing 💀

Reactions: thepiecessatup and pilotviolin
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I don't hate myself. Why would I hate myself? I find that dumb and stupid. You are yourself, so you should love yourself. I hate other people, society, and the world
I don't hate myself, I hate my circumstances
I hate this prison planet and evil world. I also hate society, humanity and other people

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Rocinante and Final_Choice
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
I don't hate myself, I love myself. Which is why I don't deserve to live in such a painful and cruel world. I also don't really hate people, most people are in similar situations with varying degrees of severity. What I don't like are the people who explicitly make the rules that cause our society to be how it is.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, pilotviolin, binturong and 2 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't hate myself. Why would I hate myself? I find that dumb and stupid. You are yourself, so you should love yourself. I hate other people, society, and the world
Exactly! The only person who we can even rely on are ourselves. Other people aren't trustworthy and can betray you whenever they want to. This is typical normie NT behaviour. Actually, out of curiosity, what do you think is worse: hating yourself or loving others (i.e. strangers)?

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Exactly! The only person who we can even rely on are ourselves. Other people aren't trustworthy and can betray you whenever they want to. This is typical normie NT behaviour. Actually, out of curiosity, what do you think is worse: hating yourself or loving others (i.e. strangers)?
I think both are equally bad. Hating yourself is illogical and irrational to me, and loving others is the same. Why would you trust strangers enough to love them? You don't even know them

• Informative
Reactions: ijustwishtodie
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
Hate is wasted energy. Love is the answer. I've gotten rid of most hate in my heart aside from hatred of those who specifically aim to hurt others.

• Love
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, binturong and GuessWhosBack
Heartaches

Heartaches

Apologizing for my life and ever entering yours
May 6, 2021
I hate myself and the world I was forced to live in

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Nothing will ever beat the eternal flame that is my hatred for myself. I have virtually no redeeming qualities but I've come to accept that. On the brightside, I don't find that my self-hatred hurts me as much anymore. I guess it's because I've learned to just accept it rather than feel bad about it.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
the way I view the world is that I'm supposed to try to fit in and adapt to it and not the other way around so when I have hate it's directed at myself. and yeah, I hate myself a lot because I can't adapt and I'm worthless but it's an old feeling so I became numb to it.

Reactions: lemonbunny
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Why only one if you can have both?

Reactions: GoatHerder
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
hehe~ I've always been surprised how people tend to hate themselves more than other people, especially here~ irl, a lot of people view others as being naturally good and all, but it's just weird to me~ Almost all the time when bad things happen to me, more often than not caused by others rather than myself~ >_< unless doing everything I can for others is suddenly deserving of me getting abandoned by them~ :/

Reactions: sserafim and ijustwishtodie
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I rarely feel emotions as strongly as hate towards either myself or others. I have hated myself in the past but I think I've become more forgiving of my faults. Maybe even started to blame others for how I've (maybe) inevitably turned out. Again though, I don't exactly hate or blame them either. I think maybe we all messed up in some ways. Maybe we were all selfishly motivated but, not exactly malliciously.

The closest I come sometimes is in relation to the person who first made me feel suicidal in the first place. Maybe a part of me hates them. More so that we were ever put together perhaps though. I'd rather be able to forget about them completely. Plus, I suppose I know they suffered too. Doesn't really make me willing to understand them though to be honest. Or, feel all that much pitty for them. They made my life hell.

I guess I'm more angry at the world in general and I'm utterly furious with God if there is one. I suppose I do hate God- even though I would be damned for that- no doubt. Again though, it's this weird and utterly useless frustration/anger at something abstract. Maybe that's the worst part of it. There's no specific place to put it.

I'm angry I was born but I also love my parents too much to truly hate them. I hate capitalism/consumerism but I'm not interested enough in politics/economics/sociology to particularly care what could replace it. And asides from some clear villains that pop up now and again- CEO's of companies who ignore safety warnings in preference of profits and get people killed, who do we really blame for it all?

I think I'm too tired to be all that angry now. That said, I watched a documentary once on a psyche ward and a doctor there said all suicidal people were angry. I think maybe there is truth in that. Resentful at least- at something or other. Even if it's life itself.

• Love
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
BlackMoon

BlackMoon

Peace-seeker
Oct 30, 2023
I hate many things about myself but when it comes to the final reasons I want to CtB, it's clearly because of our society and other people.
I'll never be myself, I'll never be accepted for who I truly am. All I can do is faking who I am or leave this world. And I'm tired of faking.

lemonbunny

lemonbunny

daydreaming the pain away ☆.。.:*・°
Sep 9, 2023
i have a lot of emotional resentment, but on a rational level idk what i truly want. i just feel like i shouldn't exist

Reactions: CatLove56
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Yes I hate myself, what is there to like? Ugly, useless, boring failure.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic
C

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
I hate myself for tolerating mediocrity for so long but I also hate society for being the total clown show that it is

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I don't hate myself, I hate my circumstances.
This This This GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Love
Reactions: Arachno and Rocinante
ImTelling

ImTelling

Sad Doggo
May 27, 2024
Killing myself is based not killing myself is cringe I am cringe there for killing myself is based

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I hate myself the most. It would be pretty hypocritical of me to hate pretty much everything wrong with society/other humans when I also embody most of these traits in myself to varyingly worse degrees. Everything people usually hate about other humans is embodied by me and that's why I consider myself the most hateable.

I also hate myself for how I've directly ruined my own life whether it's by being lazy, cowardly, stupid, or some combination of all three.

Last edited:
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

灵魂转世而我消亡
May 9, 2024
Now I feel even worse about hating myself and even more ashamed of having chronic low self esteem and pervasive sense of worthlessness. Thanks guys.

Plentiful_Despair

Plentiful_Despair

Student
Aug 23, 2024
I don't hate any individual people, I hate this current version of human culture/civilization. It's a worldwide system of maximizing suffering for the people on top to enjoy sadism and greed. I have no reason to hate myself.

Reactions: sserafim
K

Kavka

Student
Jun 11, 2024
I guess I'm just not much of a hater. I feel like I generally just skip the hate and anger and go straight to feeling disappointed or frustrated. Although maybe this is just alexithymia and semantics. The fact that I don't really believe in free will probably also helps, as it makes blaming and hating kind of pointless.

Reactions: jar-baby