MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
I mean I've always been considered a kinda genius as I was placed in the gifted program when I was young and I have a high iq and always had good grades. I'm not poor and have two parents. My dad has anger issues but my moms really nice though sometimes she gets angry too and sides with my dad. I have friends...even if I feel secluded by everyone I put on a great display outside of my mind and try fitting in with society. Is it just me please say it's not. I have no 'real' problems other then I can't connect to anyone and see no pint in life and other people make me feel miserable and I hate myself and my personality.

Anyone relate? My mom (parents once found out I cut myself though they think I stopped) when my mom got mad at she told me depressed people are all full of themselves and selfish.....I don't know I kinda agree I have a hard time connecting with others and can't get out of this dark hole my mind traps me in. I sometimes feel I treat others with indifference because I can't find it in me to care.

Anyone relat

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: dazed_dreamer, trove1080p, Sannti and 6 others
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
I have no 'real' problems other then I can't connect to anyone and see no pint in life and other people make me feel miserable and I hate myself and my personality.

Well, those are real problems. Why wouldn't they be real?

• Love
Reactions: dazed_dreamer, trove1080p, Rogue Proxy and 2 others
pfuxx1

pfuxx1

Sep 19, 2023
Life is about connecting with people. When u feel isolated and self hatred, its normal feeling to want to CTB. If you cant relate with anyone in this world, you feel like an outcast...a reject. I have a lot of self loathing and i cope with drugs, mainly benzos and mdma. Only thing that makes me feel like i can connect with others on a normal level. But thats not sustainable. Its a battle that i feel im losing at this point

• Hugs
Reactions: dazed_dreamer, trove1080p, ikn0wthatiknow and 5 others
MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
Well, those are real problems. Why wouldn't they be real?
I mean idk my dad told me I have no 'real' problems and I should just stop...then he just pretend like he never found out after a week. And I don't know I feel like everyone goes through what I go through but they're not suicidal....maybe I read too much fiction but like In stories and books people commit suicide when they have nothing. Like no family and all that stuff. I'm considered having an 'easy' life because all of my immediate actual needs to live are met.

• Hugs
Reactions: not_telling, ClownWorld2023 and The Burning Fool
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
So your mom made your suffering all about herself and her hurt feelings, and then asked you why you're so selfish. Is that about right?

I don't know about "no real problems." That kind of shit would drive me insane.

• Love
Reactions: DumbGirl, spinningmyself, ClownWorld2023 and 1 other person
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
I mean idk my dad told me I have no 'real' problems and I should just stop...then he just pretend like he never found out after a week. And I don't know I feel like everyone goes through what I go through but they're not suicidal....maybe I read too much fiction but like In stories and books people commit suicide when they have nothing. Like no family and all that stuff. I'm considered having an 'easy' life because all of my immediate actual needs to live are met.
Your dad telling you that you have no real problems... that is a real problem in itself. Basically you're guilted and shamed into self-hatred by that stupid ape. My heart goes out to you. I had had tons of similar problems with my mom until I cut contact for good.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy and ClownWorld2023
MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
So your mom made your suffering all about herself and her hurt feelings, and then asked you why you're so selfish. Is that about right?

I don't know about "no real problems." That kind of shit would drive me insane.
I mean I love my mom. And when my parents found out she was basically the only one who showed me any concern. My dad got mad at me and called me the b word and I didn't do my chores correctly cause I felt exhausted and my dad belittled me for a good 20 minutes as I cleaned. My mom in the middle of it said I wasn't that bad and mentioned a nice thing I did for her.

I don't hate my mom at all. I just feel like I burdened her too much. It can't be easy finding out your daughter is suicidal. After about a week of caring my mom dropped it too and only really brought it up when she got mad at me and my siblings. My siblings don't know cause my parents didn't tell them but like they would casually mention how messed up suicidal people are and how dumb they are. And how if any of us are depressed we are idiots because we have no right to be.

It might sound strange but I feel because my family doesn't really communicate feelings that was their way of trying to comfort me....even if it wasn't honestly I feel sorry for my mom. My mom asked if I wanted therapy and I said yes but she then talked to my dad and my dad said no....then they stopped talking to me about my suicidal tendencies and gave me a cream to get rid of the scars. She cared and I burdened her too much and I think she just got annoyed with it and I can't blame her. Depression sucks.

But I'm confident my mom loves me....my dad always calls me selfish so idk about him but I kinda feel bad for him too because I feel he realized I was different cause he always called me selfish since I was a kid. And I think the realization maybe broke him too.

I mean I feel like I sound like a doormat but I really feel that way. I'm not sure if I love my parents cause I really dont know what exactly love is but....still I think they care in their own way...I can't explain it.

• Hugs
Reactions: spinningmyself and undecided
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
Yeah I can relate. Everyone's issues are real because you are the one living and experiencing them. They are still issues regardless of severity level. People ctb or want to ctb for all kinds of reasons and no reasons at all. The world and the majority of people in it can be hard to relate to at times especially what mainstream society does and likes.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: dazed_dreamer and Forever Sleep
U

undecided

Experienced
Aug 25, 2023
Goodness me, how old are you dear? You sound like a child and if you are a child, I'm so sorry you're here. Please seek some help !

Reactions: dialogos
MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
Goodness me, how old are you dear? You sound like a child and if you are a child, I'm so sorry you're here. Please seek some help !
I'm 19 im in college. Though most of the experiences I was talking about happened in highschool. I'm not with my parents right now because my college is in another state.

Last edited:
U

undecided

Experienced
Aug 25, 2023
I'm 19 im in college. Though most of the experiences I was talking about happened in highschool. I'm not with my parents right now because my college is in another state.
You haven't had any compassion throughout your life, your parents should be ashamed of themselves! Please seek some help for your depressive state before considering ctb.

MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
You haven't had any compassion throughout your life, your parents should be ashamed of themselves! Please seek some help for your depressive state before considering ctb.
To be honest before I searched up so many ways to commit and tried so hard. Now I'm stagnant and just cut myself. Life goes on and I'm going insane slowly. I'm broken to my core and I'm not sure I can be fixed. When I think I am fixed the cracks start reforming at the slightest touch and they grow until I'm right back where I started. Do you relate?

• Hugs
Reactions: dazed_dreamer and undecided
U

undecided

Experienced
Aug 25, 2023
To be honest before I searched up so many ways to commit and tried so hard. Now I'm stagnant and just cut myself. Life goes on and I'm going insane slowly. I'm broken to my core and I'm not sure I can be fixed. When I think I am fixed the cracks start reforming at the slightest touch and they grow until I'm right back where I started. Do you relate?
My daughter is a prolific cutter, and I MEAN a PROLIFIC CUTTER, and she is also broken to the core, just like you. But I fight to keep her alive, even to the detriment of my own mental health. I'm so sorry your parents aren't fighting for you and getting you the help you so obviously need! I despair, I really do !!

• Love
Reactions: dazed_dreamer
not_telling

not_telling

Scared
Sep 9, 2023
I don't really see suicide as something that grows because of problems that can't be dealt with, it's not about being in a final situation, where nothing else gives you hope or happiness. I think it's really only a matter of how you interpret your own problems. How you deal with your life is the problem, not the life itself. If you ever feel like your suicidal thoughts are invalid, please remember that no single feeling is invalid for you as long as you're the one feeling it. Every brain is different, every mind is unique, and some can handle going to war and coming back without major psychological trauma, some can't deal with being bored. It might sound like one is better than the other, but really they just work differently, because the guy who went to war also can't endure being told they're useless, while the guy who can't deal with boredom can tell whoever called them useless to go fuck themselves. It's just some example that came to me right now, but you get the point. Your feelings are as valid as anyone else's, because no one is to judge your life. I hope you find some peace of mind, be it in life or death, OP.

Reactions: dazed_dreamer, undecided and MiMif
MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
I don't really see suicide as something that grows because of problems that can't be dealt with, it's not about being in a final situation, where nothing else gives you hope or happiness. I think it's really only a matter of how you interpret your own problems. How you deal with your life is the problem, not the life itself. If you ever feel like your suicidal thoughts are invalid, please remember that no single feeling is invalid for you as long as you're the one feeling it. Every brain is different, every mind is unique, and some can handle going to war and coming back without major psychological trauma, some can't deal with being bored. It might sound like one is better than the other, but really they just work differently, because the guy who went to war also can't endure being told they're useless, while the guy who can't deal with boredom can tell whoever called them useless to go fuck themselves. It's just some example that came to me right now, but you get the point. Your feelings are as valid as anyone else's, because no one is to judge your life. I hope you find some peace of mind, be it in life or death, OP.
That reassures me in a way. I'm kind of wierd....like I can't come to terms with having emotional or physical problems. I cringe whenever I see someone else outwardly express how they feel and i can never do it myself. I hope the same for you as well btw in life or death.

Reactions: not_telling
PArazi

PArazi

Student
Aug 27, 2022
I have severe heart disease, and that's what makes me worse. However, I've seen people with much worse problems, with smiles on their faces and telling jokes; which made me feel even worse.

No matter what your problem is, it is your right not to live if you don't want to.

k.loves.octo

k.loves.octo

hiiii hi hi AHAHEHEHAHA
Jul 5, 2023
I mean I've always been considered a kinda genius as I was placed in the gifted program when I was young and I have a high iq and always had good grades. I'm not poor and have two parents. My dad has anger issues but my moms really nice though sometimes she gets angry too and sides with my dad. I have friends...even if I feel secluded by everyone I put on a great display outside of my mind and try fitting in with society. Is it just me please say it's not. I have no 'real' problems other then I can't connect to anyone and see no pint in life and other people make me feel miserable and I hate myself and my personality.

Anyone relate? My mom (parents once found out I cut myself though they think I stopped) when my mom got mad at she told me depressed people are all full of themselves and selfish.....I don't know I kinda agree I have a hard time connecting with others and can't get out of this dark hole my mind traps me in. I sometimes feel I treat others with indifference because I can't find it in me to care.

Anyone relat
called being passively suicidal. I've got it too. you've still got valid reasons though, don't say you have no problems, everyone has their own problems. take care <3

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Like other people have said- defining a problem the way society sees it isn't helpful. If things are troubling you- they are problems. Two things I picked up on which can cause major problems in life you mentioned were- difficulties in relating to other people and not seeing any point to life. I guess you could start trying to find reasons you have those difficulties and blame them as being your problems but- just having those feelings alone- regardless of the reasons are likely to cause further problems in life. Difficulties in forming relationships/ relating to others can lead to isolation. Feelings of pointlessness can I imagine lead to anhedonia. Both are related to depression which can lead to ideation.

Reactions: spierdalaczka
dialogos

dialogos

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
Yes, you can be suicidal even if you dont have really big problems.
Depression happens even to affluent people, the youth, scholars, beautiful people, movie stars etc
The key here is not to obsess and fixate over suicidal thoughts, even other negative thoughts like sadness, self pity etc it can be like an emotional addiction that keeps drawing you in to the exclusion of everything else.
You're situation isnt hopeless just keep reminding yourself. The big job is pushing these feelings of despair but its easier for some people to do so than others. Make a big effort to push these burdensome thoughts out of your mind. Your mind is your home, don't let unwanted visitors stay and control you.
I understand about having incurable chronic pain, debilitating and crippling conditions like paralysis, muscle turning to bone, etc old age and homelessness, extreme poverty that forces people to commit crimes etc really bad situations where there is no help available or help is being withheld. They should be given a peaceful exit of their own choice.

ButterToast

ButterToast

Liar who can't separate lies from reality
Aug 11, 2023

Anyone relat
There's no 'no problem'. There's only problems that you don't see. Just because your parents can fulfill your material needs, doesn't mean they have fulfilled your emotional need. Which does create a hole in you that will cause plenty of problems. Feeling 'disconnected', anxious, low self-esteem, inadequacy, difficulty expressing emotion or numbness, and lacking self-compassion (especially when you're able to be very kind to other people) are symptoms of potential emotional neglect during childhood. This can also happen in very subtle way that is easily overlooked, you don't need to have the text-book abusive parents or neglectful parents like in movies or reddit posts. As long as your emotional needs weren't met during childhood (and the bar is rather high), it is still within the realm of possibility.

You might also experience 'underdevelopment' in social or emotional aspect. You might be smart, heck, you might know a lot about psychology and seems like someone who -in theory- is able to handle it, but it's much deeper than that. I think it is important for us to consider possibilities like these, as you did describe an environment that can cause emotional neglect to varying extend. You are not alone, and it is not your fault. Especially with modernization and technology increasing individualism amongst people, a growing number of people find it hard to express their emotions and connect with people, which contributes to the growing depression in the modern world.

Have you ever feel like you need to do anything by yourself? Have your family or friend made a comment like: "Oh, you want to do this? Why didn't you tell us?" or smth about you not telling them something? Sometimes you might feel like you don't want to burden them, but this is likely to be caused by inability to properly express emotions, which is common. I do not know what your problem is/are. But, there is always something, even if you can't figure it out. You're quite smart, you can try to look at things objectively. And before you blame yourself, ask "if this happen with other people, will I judge them the same way as I judge myself?"

example: "If I find my friend getting B instead of A, will I judge them harshly?"

You might counter that with "But, I should know better!" or "But, this is my fav subject! I should get an A+"

yeah, you're being unfair to yourself. Your choice and what you decide to do with your life is up to you. But it's not a bad idea to learn about yourself and what has shaped you to be like this. There are plenty of resources online you can use to explore possibilities. Ultimately, I'd like to remind you that there's no such thing as 'wrong reason to be depressed' or 'no reason to be depressed', unless you have a rare case of actual hormone imbalance that is NOT caused by any past trauma or whatnot. It is highly likely that the problem is there, waiting to be discovered.

Reactions: dazed_dreamer, MiMif and Mäximum